SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks at Dick's will Stop Selling Assault-Type Rifles Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Where can I find the list? My ad blocker keeps me from finding out on a lot of the news sites.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
A really good name for them, a great big sign in front and their advertising logo, would be Richard Noggin.

Richard Noggin Sporting Goods.

You know Richard Noggin, short for Dick Head.

It fits.

Posts: 11858 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08...furloughs/index.html]Dick's Sporting Goods is furloughing most of its 40,000 employees

Dicks would 100% still be in business right now and open every day like Cabela’s, but they told a core group of customers to go “F” themselves, and the wives of that core group are not in any need of soccer balls or baseball bats.

I feel bad for the employees, but I will lose no sleep at the Demise of Dicks the way they turned on their gun buying customers after so many years of patronage.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12341 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Those who need to learn from this will learn all the wrong lessons.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29716 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for the employees.
Fuck Dicks. They can go eat a hit bowl of dicks.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting no mention of any executives taking a pay-cut or, willing to pay medical insurance for those furloughed employees. What a bunch of Dick's

Posts: 14664 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the company really is appropriately named

Posts: 53206 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
There is one or 2, or whatever, Dicks in OKC.

Academy Sporting Goods, however, is all over here and seems to be doing well enough, considering the current environment. I think I'll get a box of ammo from them tomorrow, just to celebrate.

Posts: 11858 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
In early March I happened to be in Academy and thought I would swing by Ammo dept, they were out of many calibers. Good for them.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Womp womp...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I feel bad for the employees.
Fuck Dicks. They can go eat a hit bowl of dicks.

A truck load!

We had/have one in town here. Was in there several years ago, got so tired of wandering around looking for a sales clerk I finally made some pointed comments to the store manager on my way out. Not been back since.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I fucking loathe Dick's Soprting Goods. Way back in my retail days I was the Firearms Manager at a store called Galyan's. We carried high end merchandise, employees got well taken care of with commissions, a fair pay plan, and reasonable benefits. We even had the largest climbing wall around that was free to use with a staff of hot belay girls taking care of the ropes.

Enter DSG, they bought out Galyan's whose parent Co. was the Limited. Within one month we lost our commissions, roughly half benefits, and those with what was deemed high pay were forced out in mischievous ways. The climbing wall turned into $5 per go so at that point it was deemed by the sate to be a carnival attraction and fell under an entire new level of scrutiny. They absolutely ruined a once awesome store.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Feel bad for the employees, but I take great joy in the demise of Dick's. Karma for ruining one of my favorite stores, Galyan's.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11778 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I agree, Galyan's was good. It went to shit when bought out by Dick's. I hope they lose their asses, suffer greatly, then close.

The people working there will get on elsewhere. The suits? Screw'em, they're Dick's.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
furloughed, sounds like a cost savings measure during the viral epidemic. Good chance Dick's will be back in a couple of months. Hope not though.

-c1steve

Posts: 4061 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
On of my last jobs before the world closed was at a Dicks. Zero ammo, sent it all somewhere, a couple of shotguns and rifles were all they had left. I asked the *gun counter* guy where'd everything go, he said they are not selling anymore guns. He said he took the job to buy cheap ammo and make some money to play with (retired I assume) then went on a rather long rant ending with the fucking place is going out of business.

Gun counter used to be three times the size of that picture, the entire picture, not the handful of guns in the center. Use to have a full two isles of rifle ammo and a crapton of handgun ammo behind the counter. Archery stuff is all gone as well.

ETA if you need a picture of a baby in a trucker hat or someone fishing though, they got you covered.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20834 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Apparently they never heard the adage of putting all your eggs in one basket.

Looks like the basket got dropped for them.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8114 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dicks would 100% still be in business right now and open every day like Cabala's,

They are closed up here in MA. In ME they limit it to hunting and fishing. Dick's, even if they sold firearms would not survive on that alone.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Dick's, even if they sold firearms would not survive on that alone.

DSG relies on apparel, footwear, golf and team sports as their main revenue pillars.

Their Field & Stream locations were intended for just hook & bullet business however, the museum-retail model that Cabela's pioneered was proven to be a money looser hence their sale to Bass Pro. DSG is in the process of closing up those F&S locations, some of whom were sold-off to Sportsman Warehouse. Can only imagine the overall cost loss of that debacle, CEO Stack's anti-gun stance and now with this epidemic, it's been one bad decision after another.

Posts: 14664 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Let's see. Gun stuff is sold out everywhere, but Dick's got out of the gun business mere months before the big rush to buy. Idiots.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post