SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who's the Youngest on the Forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's the Youngest on the Forum? Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Younger guys don't hold forums such as this in the high regard younger guys might have, 20 years ago. There are other options these days to gather information- Facebook groups and the like.

SIGforum's member base has aged along with the forum.

It's true. But they don't know what they're missing.

From one of the younger guys in this thread to all you old guys: Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge, and for your generosity over the years. This forum has definitely shaped my gun ownership, as well as having an impact on other parts of my life.

I got rid of FB years ago due to all the juvenile banality and pointless drama. I never got into any of the other social media for the same reason. Even other gun forums lack the maturity and civility of this place. Sigforum is one of the last good places on the 'net.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another 38 year old here. I remember reading Sigforum right after high school when I got my first gun... a Sig P220. My Dad had to buy it because at 18 I could legally carry it but couldn't purchase it because I wasn't 21.

Back then it was all about AOL instant messenger, ICQ and chat rooms. Good times.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
39 here. Looks like I joined just before turning 27 however I got sidetracked not long after and only started being a professional lurker again since 2015.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Younger guys don't hold forums such as this in the high regard younger guys might have, 20 years ago. There are other options these days to gather information- Facebook groups and the like.

SIGforum's member base has aged along with the forum.

I can believe that, completely.
I think my age group is the tail of those, before the Bookface generation.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would say it’s reddit, sadly. 33 here.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I have a P220 that is a 38.

Super!

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I joined the forum when I was 27. That was 20 years ago though.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I would say it’s reddit, sadly.
If that is so, then it really is sad, because I've seen some of the gun stuff posted on reddit, and it's all superficial, and much of what is there is assumptions and incorrect information. It's all based on posted photos, with very little explanatory text.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
SigForum and Calguns are my only two forms of social media anymore. I mostly lurk anymore, but I enjoy reading the goings on with the folks at both forums. This place is still the best place on the interwebs, IMO. Used to fequent a hockey forum, but lost interest. Had MySpace from maybe '04 to '05, Facebook from '08 to maybe '09 or '10. Never got on Tiwtter, Instagram, Reddit, or any of the 500 other sites/apps.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Doing the math I joined 16 years ago at the age of 24 in 2005. I had just purchased my first firearm @ P226. I came here to learn more about it. But Man... over the last 16 years I've learned so much more.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
If that is so, then it really is sad, because I've seen some of the gun stuff posted on reddit, and it's all superficial, and much of what is there is assumptions and incorrect information. It's all based on posted photos, with very little explanatory text.

Yeah it’s probably 95% dick measuring. There are small pockets, hard to find, that have very niche info. The power of 1000 monkeys means you could find out if a combo of parts/firearm/accessories fit together, and how it looks. It’s too bad all the zoomers go there, because reddit is gayer than lemonparty.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
28 here. Been a member since I was 20.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post