SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need a set of small speakers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a set of small speakers Login/Join 
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
I had 2 sets of Audioengine speakers that both failed. Am using Kanto Audio powered speakers now for desktop. Sound is at least as good as Audioengine.

For passive bookshelf speakers, am using Wharfedale speakers. The Wharfdale Diamond 225 are excellent, and the 220 are just a step down in mid-bass response. Wharfedale Diamond 220 - Music Direct

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Thanks for that link to the Wharfedale 220's. That's a great clearance price. I just ordered a pair.

Posts: 7317 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
^^^^

Thanks for that link to the Wharfedale 220's. That's a great clearance price. I just ordered a pair.

My pleasure. The 220 are a brilliant small bookshelf, and Music Direct has been super reliable and have great clearance and open-box specials. I have a pair teamed with a NAD 316BEE v2 Integrated Amplifier, an Elac Debut 2.0 S10.2 Subwoofer, and some Nordost cables.
It makes for a really nice little 2.1 system in a family room.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
... I have a pair I’m not using and would consider selling. I also have a pair of A5’s (not +’s) that are packed away, as I’m using their HD6 in my system now.
Well, I'm not married to the idea of running my receiver, I just wanted to run my record player. You may as well shoot me an email with what your asking for the speakers you're selling.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmeek
posted Hide Post
If you have a receiver to power them, Elac makes great budget friendly speakers that get amazing reviews. They are a company you may not have heard of, but their lead designer is Andrew Jones, who has quite the resume of making great speakers.

Posts: 261 | Location: MD | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
Mark - I applaud your willingness to share personal information, especially considering that the world knows that small feet accompany other "small appendages" in adult males. Your openness is very brave. Oh, wait, you said speakers, not sneakers. Never mind...

Posts: 1988 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark, I've got a small set of Bose speakers I'll give you. I have to find them to see what power they use. I know they are heavy for their size.

They are Model 101 Music monitors, power handling 10-60 watts. One has a slightly dented front the I think could be easily remedied.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Mark, I've got a small set of Bose speakers I'll give you. I have to find them to see what power they use. I know they are heavy for their size.
You always give me stuff. Is there any way to return the favor?

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

No, but maybe we'll get to meet someday, your not all that far away.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

No, but maybe we'll get to meet someday, your not all that far away.
let me know when you're coming and I'll put some lamb kebabs on the grill.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the question is resolved as a result of wreckdiver’s generosity; if anyone else is looking for speakers that are small, durable and produce high sound quality I can recommend those from BIC America.

BIC Indoor/Outdoor Speakers

Posts: 13279 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post