SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coaching a blow out game ***update on page 2***
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coaching a blow out game ***update on page 2*** Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pale Horse! I’m gonna need it. We lost some of the players I was hoping we would keep. A few of them REALLY wanted to stay on the team but unfortunately aged up into the next group.

I completely understand the value of a hard fought game that results in a loss. Sometimes we learn the most from hard fought losses rather than our victories.

I ran into a parent last night who found me out on the field after our practice ended. He expressed sadness that his daughter was no longer on our team due to her age and going up to the next age group. I wasn’t expecting that.

I’ve got my work cut out for me this season but overall I think we have a great team. I am a bit worried about running the aggressive formations we ran last year but I’m sure we will adjust accordingly. First practice was FUN!!! I have my son helping me coach and he is loving the responsibility and handling way better than I could have ever expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post