SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you get offended easily
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you get offended easily Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted
It seems like so many people get their shorts in a knot so easily these days. I don't know if my skin is thicker than many or if I just don't give a rat's ass but I can't really say I get offended. Anyone can pretty much say what they want to me and it never really seemed to "offend" me. Piss me off maybe but "offend" not really.

Do you get offended?

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're in New York! You have thick skin and most likely used to be offended everyday?

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I don't like this thread. Why are you accusing me of being easily offended?!?!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
As I have reminded the forum several times, I’ve always preferred the Dollie Parton approach to being offended.

When asked if she was offended by dumb blonde jokes, she said, “No, because I’m not dumb, and I’m not blonde.”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
I think Sigforum needs a safe space. Razz

Posts: 1097 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Ecclesiastes 7:9

9 Do not be quick to take offense, for the taking of offense lodges in the bosom of fools.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
No but I apparently offend people easily. Big Grin

While on the line during riot duty, protestors/rioters were getting in ourfaces, yelling all kinds of crap. I just shrugged and told the officers next me that the protestors/rioters hadn't called me anything my mother hasn't......the protestors/rioters did not take it well. Razz

Posts: 4066 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Nope.

I sometime wonder if there’s something wrong with me.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
I think Sigforum needs a safe space. Razz

Yes, it's called SIGforum. Smile

Q

Posts: 27626 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
No. I shed other peoples words like water off a duck's back. It helps that I need nothing that others have, not their money nor their approval.

Posts: 4829 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Although it is possible to offend me, it usually takes some work and a focus on a small array of topics to which I'm more sensitive (I won't list them). I think my resistance is due to not really caring much what others think.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of it has to do with your self esteem.
If you have low self esteem, you're going to get offended a lot.

Most of the people that I know, don't really care what other people think of them so they don't get offended easily.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
medlem
posted Hide Post
I don't think I do? I can't remember the last time I was offended, so maybe I don't get offended easily. I do try to limit my exposure to other humans though.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
It seems like so many people get their shorts in a knot so easily these days. I don't know if my skin is thicker than many or if I just don't give a rat's ass but I can't really say I get offended. Anyone can pretty much say what they want to me and it never really seemed to "offend" me. Piss me off maybe but "offend" not really.

Do you get offended?
I don't because I simply don't care about a great many of the things so many of these nitwits complain about. If you want to watch their heads explode, just utter the phrase "I don't care" a couple times to one of these morons frothing at the mouth over something. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Almost impossible.

A lot of time in locker rooms and barracks will tend to remove your ability to be offended.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Who (here especially) is going to admit to being the easily-offended type?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Who (here especially) is going to admit to being the easily-offended type?

Dog pile on ...

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3796 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Well then, I may be weird but I guess it's not because I don't get offended. Thank You.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easily Offended, me? No, but really pissed off, yes.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
It is difficult for me to be offended by the weak minded... Smile

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post