SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you get offended easily
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you get offended easily Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
One of the things they don't emphasize during the police hiring process is the fact that you will get to be called about everything in the book.
Once, in open court, a fine advocate of the downtrodden, made the statement that the only employment I was suited for was a greeter at Wal-Mart.
I laughed.
So... no. I cant say I am easily offended.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Nope, too old to give a fuck.

Posts: 5347 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
31+ years working in a firehouse makes for thick skin. Show 'em a scab and they'll pick it till it bleeds!
That - and I'm usually the one accused of doing the offending. Big Grin

Funny that while I type this, I'm wearing a People keep thinking I care.. weird t-shirt.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Who (here especially) is going to admit to being the easily-offended type?
Exactly. Most people are offended easily but no one thinks they are.

Posts: 4011 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Me being offended by the words of someone else says more about me than him. No I don’t get offended ever.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, not at all.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
yes, of course I get offended.

Then the question becomes, do I react? Not usually, therein lies the power of the offender. If the offending act or language was accidental, then I don't see myself as one who boils over. If the offender did it on purpose then I see it as only polite to participate in the beratement.

In some cases, I hear the imagined advice of weenies who mumble 'that isn't who we are' or 'we're better than that', and I think,'no it isn't and no we're not.

I find the lame-stream media offensive.
I find progs, generally, offensive.
I am offended by supercilious ass-clowns that tend to lecture on matters about which they know piss-all.
I am offended by intentional ignorance,

Now if the question is whether or not when offended do I clutch at my pearls and wither into a shivering pile resembling lime-jello, not so much. I'm more likely to respond in kind, I'm not so good at that on the www. but eye-ball to eye-ball I'm pretty quick, probably because when you think something is fun you tend to get good at it.

So, yes, I get offended and sometimes when I'm up to the investment of time and energy, easily.

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
perplexed ? yes
offended , depends ,mostly not so much

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post