Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurricane Lee Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
Are you guys in the Southeast keeping an eye on TS Lee? Soon to be a major hurricane.

https://www.wunderground.com/h...3/tropical-storm-lee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ironmike57,

Posts: 1980 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I am for sure! However, a lot of the spaghetti models have it turning north. Always an interesting time of the year along the coast.

Posts: 674 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is the real deal. The Gulf Coast have had its share. They are really hyping this one. Pretty soon they will start tracking on the African coast. I believe last year they extended the cone at 5 days rather than three. If it were to hit the East Coast, lots of folks hoping it is the Delaware coast for some reason.

Posts: 17268 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I do not understand big words like OBTUSE! Say what you mean!

Posts: 794 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
We are going on our first real vacation in probably 6 years.

The destination?

St Maarten

Who's going?

30 of us

What will Happen?

Who knows as Lee is supposed to be nearby when we arrive this Saturday - Ugh!

Posts: 3735 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:

The destination?

St Maarten

Who's going?

30 of us

What will Happen?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do not trust the airline to tell you the truth. They fly until the airport closes. The NHC has a pretty certain track on this one. Hotels would know they do not want guests hanging around.

Posts: 17268 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:

The destination?

St Maarten

Who's going?

30 of us

What will Happen?

I arrived on vacation in St. Maarten while Katrina was tearing the Gulf Coast a new one. The TV images the next day were extraordinary.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31482 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see this as classic hype at this point. The news keeps showing the next couple days which has it pointed directly at the Florida coast. What they aren’t showing is that basically EVERY computer model shows it curving off north into the Atlantic a day or two deeper into the forecast. All hype. I hate weather reporting.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I had not heard of it either, so I asked my wife if it was something we should worry about. She said we don’t need to worry about it, yet. This is significant because she worries about these storms days before I begin thinking about worrying.

Posts: 11008 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Not something to worry about yet. But it's already a hurricane that far east, and every model has it turning into a monster. That's why I am aware, but not yet worried. Praying it turns north into the Atlantic and dissipates like Franklin did. Category 4 storms bring true havoc, I do not want it to hit near me or anywhere else.

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
The "consensus" is that it will turn North, but it's way too early to tell.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
We already have plans to go to the shore next week, do I dare wash my car?

Murphy, I see you hiding in that storm drain!

Posts: 6507 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
They said the same thing about Andrew!

QUOTE]Originally posted by stoic-one:
The "consensus" is that it will turn North, but it's way too early to tell.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1980 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given we have something of a cold front pushing down (I'm in NoVA too), it should help keep Lee pushed out to sea. Time will tell, but I also had plans for next week or so.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm watching this one closely. This looks like one of those storms that is not to be fucked with if it comes ashore, and I have two houses in Florida to prep if it's coming here.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is early, but I am but keeping an eye out. Any of these hurricanes are no joke at the height of the season.

Posts: 716 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Always watching, but not worried about this one unless something major unexpectedly changes in the weather patterns.

If I lived further north along the east coast i would follow this one closely.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Just remember, while the models do a pretty good job of predicting the path of hurricanes, the models do a shitty job of predicting intensity.

Posts: 1505 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
always keeping an eye on the tropics at this time of year. The last 3 hurricanes that we took direct hits from ( Charlie, Irma, and Ian) were all projected to miss us until the last day or 2. Be vigilant.

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm helping host a big event on Lake Murray in central S.C. weekend after next and I would be more comfortable if the various weather folks were predicting that it was coming straight for us.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post