SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So the wife wants a new water bottle...UPDATED
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So the wife wants a new water bottle...UPDATED Login/Join 
posted
My wife cannot go anywhere without her water bottle in tow and up until now she has been using a 22oz Bubba Bottle (cheap plastic) which has been fine for her needs.

Last week, one of my daughters friends left her Hydrofask at our house and wife has decided she must upgrade which has become my problem.

I have been shopping and am not entirely sold on Hydroflask as they are pricey and given her use I do not think it warrants it.

I have been looking at Lattitude 41 and a couple of knockoffs like Swig Savvy and Glacier Mountain but figured i ask here as this form seems to have a wealth of knowledge in just about anything

UPDATE: Thanks for all the input...after much looking and educating myself I went with the 32oz Hydroflask. Yes I could have saved a few bucks but too many reviews that said "almost as good" or "leaks a little". I made sure to order a neutral color so if she doesnt like it I can use it

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevmo,

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Rtic is coming out with some new bottles, very reasonably priced and as nice as Yeti.

Posts: 11414 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
Vastly overpriced.

We use contigo insulated flasks.

Try one, see if she likes these.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I don't travel anywhere without my Hydro Flask. It keeps liquids cold for a very long time. I'd buy a new one tomorrow if I happen to lose my current one.

What I'm confused about is why are you deciding for her what she's going to have.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30895 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:
Vastly overpriced.

We use contigo insulated flasks.

Try one, see if she likes these.

I looked at Contigo but she prefers a "straw top"

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Will you really save anything by not getting her what she wants?

Sounds sketchy.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I each have one that looks like these: Contigo Autoseal Fit Trainer, 20-Ounce, Stainless Steel, though they don't say "Contigo" on them.

They keep water cold for a long time.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Kleen Kanteen is pretty good as well. If you have a Military/ex-military or outdoor store employee in the family the may be eligible for an account at experticity. I use kleen kanteen because I get 50% off through experticity.

Posts: 721 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I don't travel anywhere without my Hydro Flask. It keeps liquids cold for a very long time. I'd buy a new one tomorrow if I happen to lose my current one.

What I'm confused about is why are you deciding for her what she's going to have.

OK, here is the way my relationship works:

Wife wants everything and wants oi now...basic impulse control of a 9 year old on speed. She knows I am opposite and like to research. This is after way to many impulse buys she has make that she has regretted.

As far as the actual brand, I am not even sure she knew what my daughters friend had other than a beefy SS bottle.

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Nalgene for me. Mostly USA made, free shipping over $10.

Models always changing. Try this https://www.nalgene.com/customize/

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I looked at Contigo but she prefers a "straw top"

Those Contigos I posted earlier aren't much different from a "straw top." This one is even closer: Contigo Auto Spout Straw Sheffield Water Bottle, 20-Ounce, Stainless/Sangria

quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Will you really save anything by not getting her what she wants?

If my wife wanted a Hydro Flask a Hydro Flask is what she'd get, but, she'd take one look at the price and decide she doesn't need a Hydro Flask.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I went with a Thermos 18 oz bottle.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Yep. $30 @ REI and Mothers' Day is coming up. Wink

Posts: 15143 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
After going through Nalgene bottles like popcorn, several years ago I bought a stainless steel Nalgene (brand) bottle. Never looked back.

Campsaver

BTW, they're less expensive now. I think this is a bargain

Posts: 13563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get her what she wants and make sure she understands why you bought the one you did.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been shopping and am not entirely sold on Hydroflask as they are pricey and given her use I do not think it warrants it.

She wants a Hydroflask then get her a Hydroflask, don't go buy her what you want or think is better for her. Big Grin

Amazon has them from $30 to $72

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0...-3&ref=bit_pcomp_ask

Reviews of top 5 insulated water bottles,
Link

Posts: 24229 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Get her what she wants. Not sure you can return a water bottle, so get her what she wants.

Otherwise get a good old school Nalgene brand bottle.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2281 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
I like these. After friends and family have seen/tried them, they've purchased them.

https://www.underarmour.com/en...WRqy8cFKAaAotV8P8HAQ

Made by Thermos, BTW.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I like my Hydroflask, and given the build quality, I don't think it's all that over-priced. The paint is very thick and I haven't put any dents or scratches into it yet, despite having it hanging on the outside of my pack. Maybe a few bucks more over a random brand.

We're talking about a $30 water bottle, not a $400 ice chest. Even an off-brand double walled stainless, vacuum insulated water bottle would be $15-20.

Posts: 13063 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post