SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So the wife wants a new water bottle...UPDATED
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So the wife wants a new water bottle...UPDATED Login/Join 
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I did some searching and comparison a while back and ended up going with hydroflask.

Since then I've gotten 16 of their pint stainless glasses and tossed out my glass/plastic ware with exception of fine dining set. I've got 3 bottles and a soup container. I have no buyers remorse at all.

My sisters, nephews, cousins, and some friends have gone on to purchase their own after using mine.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4855 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have this Contigo water bottle and really like it. I have used it everyday for the last two years so far.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input and to everyone that said "just get her what she wants" you might have missed my updated post...I do not think she even knew the bottle she liked was a Hydro Flash, she just commented that she liked the style and type of bottle and I was trying to see what else was out there.

I have been all over Amazon the web reading reviews and it certainly seems Hydro is the benchmark they are all trying to copy.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a large variety of Hydro flasks. Including 2-64 oz for work. Depends on the amount I drink, but have had ice last three days! Also, on the smaller ones, hot tea put up at 6am, is still steaming at 3pm.
Two dislikes, the soup flask doesn't keep soup hot till lunch, plastic top.
US company, but China is still involved.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1140 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I don't travel anywhere without my Hydro Flask. It keeps liquids cold for a very long time. I'd buy a new one tomorrow if I happen to lose my current one.

What I'm confused about is why are you deciding for her what she's going to have.

Yeah. Been married for 59 years this month. Learned quite a while ago to just nod and let her do as she decides. Only exceptions regard gun purchases. All mine.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
I have this AquaFlask 27oz I bought on Amazon and this HydroFlask 40oz I bought on sale at Dicks. I also bought the Straw lid for the 40 oz. They both do a great job out surf fishing or kayaking. I wouldn't put one about the other. But I don't see a straw lid option for the AquaFlask brand.

In the big picture, I don't mind saving money but a also don't mind spending $30 for a bottle that will last years.

I will add - leave either sitting in the sun and the outside gets HOT (water stays cold) I ended up wrapping them both in duct tape.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1379 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
I went with a Thermos 18 oz bottle.

I have this one. Love it. One hand access. Narrow enough for my vehicle cup holder

And I think I got it at Walmart

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
After going through Nalgene bottles like popcorn, several years ago I bought a stainless steel Nalgene (brand) bottle. Never looked back.

Campsaver

BTW, they're less expensive now. I think this is a bargain

What the hell are you doing to break nalgenes? blow torch.

my wife uses a Nalgene with a human cap cap and a neoprene sleeve. she loves it. Only downside is not fitting in cup holder in the car.

a hydroflask would a good one too..everything I have heard has been good. screw the cost. make her happy

Posts: 7865 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The Ozark Trail water bottles at Wal-Mart are pretty nice for the money. I use the big 64 oz when mowing lawns on Saturday. Its $9 for the smaller one and $14 for the bigger one. This brand competes nicely with Hydro Flask and Kleen Kanteen for less than half the price.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
My wife's water bottle cost $1.29 and came pre-filled.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7651 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
This thread influenced my last Gander Mountain purchase ever. Blew my last gift card on the 21 ounce Hydroflask. They even managed to overcharge me $2 from what was on the sign.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
I also have the Underarmour by Thermos. It fell breaking the lid and Thermos sent me 3 tops
for free.

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Hydroflask is far and away the very best. Mine is orange, which helps spot it when I'm not sure where I left it.

I suggest you get her what she wants.

Suppose you had your heart set on a Sig, and you were hoping your wife would buy it. But she bought you a Ruger instead. You'd be fine with that, right? Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Get the Klear Bottle, it's 100% identical to the Hydroflask but 1/2 the price:

https://www.amazon.com/Klear-B...eywords=klear+bottle

We have both Hydroflask and Klear bottles and they are exactly the same except for the price. The lids are even interchangable. I had bought the Hydroflask first before the Klear brand came out. There are several straw style lids that fit both.

Both my wife and I love our Hydro/Klear stainless insulated bottles for taking water with us every day. The water at my work is nasty so I never leave home without one or two of my stainless bottles. She uses the smaller ones to bring her own hot coffee each day too.

They are heavier and clunkier than my old Nalgene bottles, but the Nalgene would always sweat all over the place with cold water. If hiking on a trail I bring the lighter nalgene bottles, but for a daily water bottle the stainless style work better and I think the water tastes better too.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2599 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
Yeti is now having a 25% off Map pricing sale on the stainless drinkware and Roadie coolers from yesterday thru beginning of June. I know Ace Hardware has this sale now. Other Yeti dealers may have it starting shortly.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing I forgot, if you ever get sick of a sweating cold container dripping down the front of you as you take a drink, it ends with the flask.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1140 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post