SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So the wife wants a new water bottle...UPDATED
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So the wife wants a new water bottle...UPDATED Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
https://www.uncommongoods.com/...orage-workout-bottle

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both Klean Kanteen and Hydroflask insulated bottles. Personally I think the Kleen Kanteen is better. Although I just recently took advantage of the lifetime warranty for the Hydroflask because it developed some rust on the inside, and it was painless. You probably can't go wrong with either

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Glass is the way to go.

I love this brand, and have dropped it before with no issues:

https://www.lifefactory.com/

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
I went with a Thermos 18 oz bottle.

I have this one. Love it. One hand access. Narrow enough for my vehicle cup holder

Posts: 6401 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Hydroflasks are great. If that's what she wants, just go get it for her. If you don't, she's just going to get one on her own - then you'll have paid for both. Buy once, cry once.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I've had a Hydro Flask since before they become popular. Combined with the flip up straw thing and it's my favorite.

I've gone hiking and left it in the car, in the sun all day and had cold water when I came back. It's been dropped on more then a few rocks and only has a small dent near the top.

They are expensive but the quality is top of the line.

If it's what she want I would go with that. It may be expensive far a water bottle but cheap for happiness. Smile

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16449 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Love my 40oz hydro with the sports lid. It's built like a tank.

Get her what she wants. Be THE man...

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Camelback makes a great straw top version. Search for Camelback Eddy

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
I am very happy with my Hydroflask, I also have the Kleen Kanteen insulated and it performs as well as the Hydroflask and is a bit cheaper. I think there are fewer size options than the hydroflask.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Dude, it's a $40-50 item. Just get her what she wants and save the battle for when it's an item that hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4576 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a Hydroflask and when I left it home on a week trip I bought a different Brand - "The Flow" --> the flow Stainless Steel Water Bottle Double Walled/Vacuum Insulated - BPA/Toxin Free – Wide Mouth with Straw Lid, Carabiner Lid and Flip Lid, 32 oz.(1 Liter)

Seems to work well, comes with multiple lids (which is nice). I think the HydroFlask kept things cooler, longer but this was entirely sufficient for $29.

Point being that the concept of a water bottle that keeps your drink cold or hot for hours is a great thing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Had Contigos some time ago (they are still buried in the cupboard somewhere). Really didn't like how hard it was to clean the lid due to the way the mechanism works. Would probably be fine with water, but hated it for coffee due to the cleaning.

Wife hit on Hydroflask and we all ended up there and haven't looked back. I prefer the flip lid, she likes the straw lid. She discovered what she really likes is the straw lid without the straw on the inside. Just tip up to drink and no water spritzing out when you open it after an altitude change.

Pick your battles as best suits your situation - you know it better than anyone else.

I will say the hydroflasks hold up really well unless you drop them. If you do drop them, it depends on how they land. On the bottom, you're looking at a small dent. On the lid, depending on your luck, you may be in need of a new lid at ~$5. Don't ask me how I know...

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around the house I like my 32 oz Bubba. Stainless steel vacuum with a plastic lid and straw.
When traveling I have a 22 oz Hydra Flask that I added a flip up lid/straw to that works great. Won't leak.
The other thing important to me is they have a wide enough mouth to easily get ice into. This also aids in easy cleaning.
Wouldn't worry too much about the brand name. Probably made in the safe factory in China anyway. Worry more about the ease of function.
I picked up the Bubba at Target on the sale table for $5. Also have a 24oz Bubba like the Hydra Flask that I got for $7.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
The EMS agency I work part time for gave every employee a Hydroflask after they put in water bottle fill stations in all our buildings. I was really impressed with the quality of them and liked how well it kept water cold for a shift that I ordered a second one (they made us a decent deal on them) for my wife.

They are heavily built, paint is tough, only managed to put one dent in mine so far.

If that's what she wants, get her that one.

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have several of the Hydro Flask bottles. I really like them. They get daily use in our house.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 543 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Do you let your wife decide what gun you buy? Get her what she wants or don't you think she deserves it.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
What's the saying, happy wife, happy life? I'd say get a hydro flask for the lady.

But personally I'm good with anything that holds liquid.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Hydroflasks are expensive, but they're $35, not $350. If she carries it everywhere, that doesn't seem excessive.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Come on....simple answer

SIGG bottle Wink

http://siggnorthamerica.com/

I use one in the office....very well built, not sure if they do straw models

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
You are on a gun forum dedicated to a brand of guns priced $800 and up, yet bitching about a $50 water bottle.
LoL

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post