SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dude whipped out his pistola at supply house today to describe another revolver.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dude whipped out his pistola at supply house today to describe another revolver. Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
This is why I don't talk to people. My wife thinks it's so funny when people strike up a conversation with me in public, she know how much I hate it. She says I just have a friendly face.
Show them your War Face!

flashguy

Sir?

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I don't go in a lot of different gunshops now, but years ago, one particular gunshop was the worst for attracting people with dangerous gun handling .

I would be at the counter paying, etc, when some nitwit always wanted to show me his "toy" by drawing it and sweeping it at my body.

Followed by me telling him to put the gun up and quit pointing it at me. My patience at getting accidentally, much less intentionally shot is nill.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
This is why I don't talk to people. My wife thinks it's so funny when people strike up a conversation with me in public, she know how much I hate it. She says I just have a friendly face.
Show them your War Face!

flashguy

That there's funny!! Big Grin

Posts: 13683 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This guy was telling me about his extensive collection of guns and looked to be fifties or sixties. I don't think I would have changed his mind about anything. He probably would have scoffed at me or worse. Best not to involve myself with stupid, especially when that stupid has a gun pointed at a place on his body that he's got 15-20 minutes to get to a surgeons table or die if he makes a mistake. No saving that guy, I'll just hope he's lucky.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I bought an Argentine, or Chilean Mauser, I forget which, that was supposed to be in .308 from a guy who ran his own machine shop out in the middle of cow country in far upstate NY. He strongly hinted to me that he could sell me a fully-auto AK-47 and a few drum mags, but it better not come back to him. I declined. (This was also before the federal AWB was allowed to sunset.)

Anyway, in the course of our negotiations for the Mauser, since all he had out behind his shop was several acres of empty fields surrounded by woods, I asked him if we could shoot it. We were in the back corner of his shop, me, my friend who came with me, and a guy who looked just like this, but with shock-white hair and slightly hunched:

He says “well, Hell...” and opens a box of ammo, thumbs one into the magazine and closes the bolt. Then he pointed it at a stump log stool a few feet in front of him and just turned and looked at us. I didn’t know what else to do at that point except stick my fingers in my ears. He touched that thing off into the stump log at distance of about four feet and then, with a deep, raspy laugh says “I always wanted to do that!” Suitably impressed with his performance, I handed him the $125 he wanted for it and we left.

“That was a decent deal, Brian,” I said once we were back in the car. My friend shouts back “WHAT??” Evidently, after I stuck my fingers in my ears, I gave him a look that he somehow interpreted as though I didn’t really think he was gonna do it. Concrete floors, in the corner of a shop with corrugated tin everything, he caught the full fury of the blast in both ears.

Got home, and it wouldn’t chamber any factory .308 or 7.62 NATO I had on hand, so I went back the next day and returned it... after an hour-long tour of his shop where he showed me every last machine and how he rigged up his own makeshift 220 that looked like it would eventually burn his shop and house down some day. After all that, I again asked for my money back and he begrudgingly gave it. I had to see myself out.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Was that Caputo P220 Smudge ?

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
See I seem to attract “the experts”. Like the guy who told me that ALL guns really are made in the same factory. Like seriously. I don’t even argue with folks like this. I get “car guys” like this as well. Sigh.

I have taken to calling this magical gun factory land Webemakinthemalldorf and I am now convince all ammo comes from Ammostan.

I mean I CERTAINLY don’t know it all hell I barely know a little but COME ON MAN!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Was that Caputo P220 Smudge ?

I don't know a Caputo. Northernmost tip of NY. I can't remember the guy's name for sure. He used to keep on hand old green box Kleen-bore in .35 Whelen that one of our hunting buddies used to go buy and I'd go with him. Doubt this guy is kicking around now. He had a small bedroom built off his shop where he kept his guns in a cabinet. He and his wife had bunk beds, and she was up in the top one watching a game show when he was showing me the Mauser. Grouched at us to get out of the way.

It was a bizarre experience every time I went there. He had .303 on Enfield stripper clips one time I went after the Mauser adventure. I bought a Garand in the meantime. "Oh, those will work in that! I'll give you a deal." Yeah, no thanks.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The worst gun handling I ever see is my local gunsmith which just blows me away. I will hand him something and he doesn’t even check it before he starts whipping it around like it’s in two pieces or something.

He also does the same thing when showing me his work on various pistols that are someone else’s and if he doesn’t check mine I’m sure he didn’t check theirs.

It’s weird though you wouldn’t think an excellent gunsmith would be so careless.

Posts: 3933 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HgRE6BPhN2I" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Exactly where my mind went.

HK Ag

Posts: 3507 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post