SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I did the unthinkable, I bought a charcoal grill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I did the unthinkable, I bought a charcoal grill Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
It starts out innocent enough. Mess around with a small charcoal kettle just for fun, then you are out on the streets trying to score a bigger one and the next thing you know you are strung out on Big Green Eggs.

Does anyone know what movie I stole that line from? I inserted the grill references. He was discussing another item just as innocent.

Michael Keaton in Mr. Mom. Smile

Bingo!!! Strung out on bedspreads (or was it comforters?). That always made me laugh.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Great deal. Now you have to get you some hickory chips to put on those coals while you are cooking those burgers. Makes them taste even better.

I split a piece of oak into 15”-16” long, prism shaped pieces with sides about 2” wide. I put two of those on the charcoal rack spaced apart to form a trough to pour the lit coals in. The first time, my wife said, “I don’t know what you did, but these are the best steaks you’ve done.”

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“The unthinkable?” It’s unthinkable for me to imagine not having both gas and charcoal. Summer will be here before you know it, I can almost smell the steaks, burgers, tri-tip now. I’ve got pretty good at smoking meat with my Weber Kettle. Oh, Costco should have double bags of Kingsford Professional now.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post