SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Husky and the emergency vet. Update 02/25
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Husky and the emergency vet. Update 02/25 Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping for the best.

If there is any comfort, you are not alone. We have all been there.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Just another reason not to turn your life over to a company to make someone else rich.

mrapteam666 isn't working to make someone else rich.

He's an Investigator for a county Medical Examiner's Office.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry my friend. Best wishes for you and your dog.

Don't let guilt eat you up about debating surgery. As responsible adults with limited budgets we all are forced to do this.

Try to remember that dog sees you as family also. Had she a choice, would she really want to see her family out on the streets and starving because every dime was spent on her and not rent/mortgage, food, etc. I would not think so.

You are doing what you can. Remember, lots of turds would drop her off in the woods and run. You won't and are willing to take the financial pain for your pal. You are one of the good ones.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry, prayers for you and you dog.

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about your fur baby. Prayers sent for the both of you.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
There's really nothing that can get between you and your love for a pet, it's such a very special bond and so often words fall so short of describing your worry, pains, and fears. As pet lovers we all face the inevitable that it's highly likely we will out live them but, it never has really held me back even knowing the depths of that kind of loss when the time comes. And when they're hurting and/or in pain you'd like to think that you have the answers to make them feel better but mostly left with holding their paws, gently holding them and weeping like a baby because sometimes all too often you can't affect change. Yea, were with you brother, we know what you're going through and can offer our prayers. I'm convinced they have a power to help in ways we can never really understand. Today I say that prayer for the Husky, Godspeed little buddy, we're here for you...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dog.

^^^^^^^^^^

Prayer sent.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to say thank you to all of the members of this site.

I waited to post because I was afraid I would jinx things (I am kooky that way).

I know all of the members of this site are going through things whether they be professionally, personally, family etc.. Many we are commenting on as I write this: Such as Sigmonkey and his daughter horse, Sigolicious and his grandson, and many others.

I appreciate the fact that all of you took the time to think of us and say a few words of encouragement when you all have trial and tribulations of your own.

It has been a long two nights to be sure.
I am thankful that my active duty orders were put on hold or I would have been away and then I would been an even bigger nut job.

She is home now. We were able to pick her up this morning.

She could have came home last night but her red blood cells were still a tad low and I am a spazzo, and wanted her to be somewhere that she could be monitored.

They removed her spleen and they sent off parts of it for testing. She is sore and tender but looks good, and seems in better spirits than I am. X-rays and other tests showed her lungs, chest and other areas appear to be clear at this time.

I am also thankful that the On call ER doc answered his phone. HE called us at 0300hrs or so on Sunday morning after the surgery, and he seemed like a good joe.

The FN USA M-4 I was going to buy is going to have to be put on hold a little longer. But well worth it.

If anyone is around the Durham area and stop at Wallyworld don't be surprised to see me collecting carts or trying to be a greeter to help pay this bill off.

Now it is a day by day recovery, and hope for the best.

Thanks again everyone.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you the surgery went well..

Prayers for a fast recovery.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Good news. Makes my day!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear it went well. I hope recovery goes as expected.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad things are working out. I know how much my dogs mean to me !!

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Merlot and I send y'all XOXOXOXOX's!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Spleen for the win!! Yaaaaassss!

That's good news, now just make her be still in about a week when her lyin' body is telling her she's fine and she wants to run the house...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Any days a good day to see your animal feeling better Smile I'll go to the post surgery healing prayer for her Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My GF and I raised a husky, best dog ever. He had a growth that had developed and needed to be removed, fortunately, I had a bonus coming. I put the entire amount towards his surgery. That put the kibosh on a summer vacation and some toys. He was my road buddy, I miss having him curl-up next to my desk.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i am happy for you guys i have had an Alaskan husky one of the toughest and sweetest dogs i ever owned

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that the prognosis is good. Hope you guys have plenty more time together.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear she pulled through!

The things we do for them are almost equal to the things they do for us.

Dogs are proof that God loves us.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post