SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Husky and the emergency vet. Update 02/25
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Husky and the emergency vet. Update 02/25 Login/Join 
posted
This is the first time I have ever started a discussion thread, but I just need to vent. I guess it is frustration, guilt, and fear.

I am just wore out at work, both mentally and physically. I am so tired of death, 50-60hrs a week. I don't sleep and for the past two months I have been dealing with acid reflux and losing weight. Add to that I feel guilty for being gone at work so much that I miss my animals.

So I get back to Durham after getting off work this morning and I am met at the door by my Husky.

I have the whole week off and with the GF out of town I was looking forward to spending the whole time at the park with my dog

Fast forward to the evening. I wake up from a nap and the GF tells me she is laying on the kitchen floor and is not moving.

We took her to the emergency vet because we thought she tweaked her hindquarters only to find out she is dying from a mass that burst and has internal bleeding.

We have decided to see if surgery can help.
Now the long wait through the night.

The one thing I feel really guilty about is that I didn't leave my job twos months ago like I started too

Also, I actually debated on the surgery, and maybe chemo because we are broke. I guess that is what I am truly mad at myself about.

Sorry... I just had to vent. I don't deal well when it comes to my animals. Homicides, yes.. Afghanistan.. Yes. Animals.. nO

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrapteam666,

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am sorry.

While I cannot know you specific situation, (and won't pretend to.) I have experienced those same things, and I know what hurt, shame, guilt, frustration, anger regret and all the many things coming at you like a full on shitstorm feels like.

While your in the shit, it matters not how many are in it with you, or have been in it before.

You are "alone" and the worst enemy is that voice in your head.

You have my prayers, and hopes for the best outcome.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Best of luck to both of You. Keep us informed of the outcome. Been in your shoes, regarding the WORRY over your pet, several times.

One of my Siberians was diagnosed with cancer and the Vet recommended euthanizing him then and there.Took him home and he was 100% fine for over a year. He finally did pass from the cancer but we had a good year until it was apparent he was in pain.

I'm hoping for the best. Good luck.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
I hope all goes well for your dog so she can get better and you can use this to appreciate whats important in your life because it goes by so fast.

We had to put one of our dogs down a couple years back and I felt the same way as you, I spent all my time at work and missed so much time with her and now shes gone. Back then I was working about 3000 hours a year and now I'm down to about 2600, still too much but moving in the right direction.

So once again I hope she gets better and you also can tend to your health before any permanent damage is done.

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I hope it turns out to be spleen. Yank that sucker out and drive on!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Man, hoping the best for your buddy.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I have been in a very similar situation. It hurts like hell. I'm sorry you are going thru this and you have my thoughts and prayers.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sorry. I hope that the surgery works out well and she is ok.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope your dog comes through ok and you get to spoil it again.

Just another reason not to turn your life over to a company to make someone else rich. Those type of hours never work for a nice life no matter what someone tries to convince you of. Think of this as a great learning moment because it could happen ten years from now with a wife that wants to leave you and take the kids with her. I’ve seen it time and time again at my work.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
You have my best wishes and I hope your husky pulls through. Dogs (and cats) are family so I know what you’re going through.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry to hear this. I remember a similar situation with one of my dogs and work. My heart is with you guys. Please let us know what happens.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I lost my Husky and my first GSD to similar situations. I know what you’re going through. I’m praying the surgery is a success.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I really hope the surgery works, prayers sent.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Positive thoughts and prayer inbound. Hang in there!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very, very sorry. It's a truly terrible experience. I hope your dog ends up okay and you get more time.

I lost my first dog last year somewhat similarly but to a brain stem lesion. He was fine at 5 PM and at 7:30 we were saying goodbye. They are fewer now a year and change later, but there are still days when it stops me in my tracks.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your dog.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for both of you. Please keep us updated.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you both. I hope you have a successful surgery and good news soon.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent up for both you and your pup.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dog.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post