SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Everything is a conspiracy, everyone is a conspiracy expert, and I. have. HAD IT!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everything is a conspiracy, everyone is a conspiracy expert, and I. have. HAD IT!! Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Do I understand why no one trusts anything any government tells us? Of course I do. Are there actual conspiracies in this world? Of course there are.

However, due to social media and every single half-wit on the planet now being able to broadcast to the world their oh so precious, vital, well-reasoned and deeply profound thoughts, everything- EVERYTHING- is a conspiracy.

A couple of the latest examples: Kate Middleton's video on her having cancer. Oh, let's enlarge the background and examine the blurred-out tulips. They're not moving! And those who aren't familiar with motion-blur artifacts in video see one of her fingers disappear when she moves her hand! AI!! It's all AI!! The video is not real!! Kate Middleton is dead!!

The bridge collapse- just one of many examples of window lickers turned into Sherlock Fucking Holmes: a video shot from a small boat, apparently to examine the wreckage. Look, folks! Do you see it?? Look closely at the video! Do you see it??

Fucking see WHAT, Monsieur Poirot? Just cut the melodramatic bullshit and TELL US what you are pointing out, you fucking drooling nimrod.

Oh, look, it's the number "33" and an "iron cross"!! And there are some sparks! Do you see them??

Fucking what??? Imagine that- broken electrical wires shorting out after a bridge with lights strung across it collapses . And the "iron cross" shit- I don't even know where to begin with that.

I swear to God, I swear, if I was in the same room with you, it would take ten men to pull me off of you. I swear to God, I would throttle the life out of you unless they stopped me.

Stop this stupid shit. Stop behaving as if you possess some deep, clairvoyant insight which allows you to divine truths which escape we mere mortals. Stop it. You don't know jack shit. If you want to have childish fantasies, get your mom to arrange a play date with the other kids in the neighborhood.

You know nothing. You look like a fool. You make declarations which are usually not possible to disprove directly, and you use these circumstances to try to inflate yourself into something you are not and never will be. No one admires you for this stupid shit, except other imbeciles.

Lee Harvey Oswald killed Jack Kennedy. One man, one rifle.

Marilyn Monroe committed suicide.

Between 1969 and 1972, the United States successfully landed men on the Moon.

The Earth is not flat.

There are no space aliens in Area 51

And on and on.

Stop it, before someone you've never seen before tries to strangle you.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Amen, brother, a-MEN!

You wrote about how important Elon Musk's takeover of Twitter was in saving us from censorship. And it's true. But, oh manoman, is it hard to get through Twitter/X now, especially after October 7.

Posts: 18067 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Preach it!

Some people have dialed up their inner IndyFFL to 11, and are reading tea leaves and divining things devoid of reality. Long-term members will understand what an insult that is.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Sandy hook didn't actually happen! It was an inside job! Roll Eyes

I am 100% convinced the ammo shortage after it did happen though. I have the receipts to prove it.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I have been patiently waiting for this post from you, thank you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sean Combs. I said SEAN COMBS, not "Diddy" Roll Eyes Mad not "P. Diddy" not "Puff Daddy" or any of that stupid shit that any adult should be ashamed to say. Sean Combs.

Them: "They raided his homes."

Me: "Yes, I know."

Them: "What are they trying to distract us from?"

Oh, GodDAMN!!!! Roll Eyes

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The best one I’ve seen this week is that the bridge collapse was done to distract from “Diddy” being raided on child molestation charges. Totally serious. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Can we keep the Taylor Swift conspiracy theories? Puh-leeezzz?

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Daily Soap Operas...

"What are they trying to distract us from?"

The Reality Shows.

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 315 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Occams Razor.
Hard to beat the odds.

Posts: 9509 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Like Para, I see some drummed up conspiracy shit and I suspect there are some real conspiracy shit. The drummed up conspiracy shit are annoying. They point to non specific stuff, make allusions to some significance, and pretending they know something.

The stupidest one was early during Covid. Someone passed on a text saying the government will be spraying something from helicopters that night and to stay inside. I pointed out to the person that in 2020 or whenever that was, don’t they think the government has better ways to broadcast a message than to rely on people sharing by text?

It goes with my position that people should apply skeptical critical thinking even with or especially with information from sources supposedly on our side.

These fake conspiracy bullshit takes attention away from the real possible conspiracies.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para.

I have a couple of family members who buy into a lot of this crap. Then they talk to or text amongst themselves and just reinforce their insanity.

5G "Radiation"? Big Pharma? New World Order? Name the issue or event and they suspect there's some sinister force behind it.

Today was no different. It was either terrorists or a Deep State diversion, maybe both. Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Earth is not flat.

Its adherents have members all around the disc globe. Razz

I had an exchange elsewhere with someone who said the Sun is 30 miles in diameter and 30,000 miles away. He or she seemed 100% serious, not tongue-in-cheek, about it.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
The Earth is not flat.

Its adherents have members all around the disc globe. Razz

I had an exchange elsewhere with someone who said the Sun is 30 miles in diameter and 30,000 miles away. He or she seemed 100% serious, not tongue-in-cheek, about it.

Yep. A couple of my aforementioned family members believe it. When I heard about it, I said "Haven't they ever been on an airplane?"

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wait, Paul McCartney didn’t die in 1967? The cover of Sgt Pepper wasn’t the Beatles standing over his grave and the cover of Abbey Road wasn’t a funeral procession???

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

The Earth is not flat.

There are no space aliens in Area 51

Okay, I was right there with you until you typed this. See, the aliens live on another flat disk just below ours. That's why we cannot find them with a telescope.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I heard something about a lead smelter shutting down…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's always funny how things that happen just can't happen that way without a conspiracy. I read that the boat couldn't have drifted into that bridge, it had to be a cyber attack.
And famous people don't die of natural causes. There is always a nefarious plot behind every death.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hey, Lara Logan's multiple intel sources said it was an "absolutely brilliant strategic attack". Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post