SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
LBJ, it may be helpful to write down your questions that you have before your next appointment as well as having your wife with you.I know that when my wife had her breast cancer appointments she would have a different understanding about what was said-probably a side effect of chemo brain. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Many of us here, consider you part of a family. I want to know how you are doing/feeling as much (or more in some cases)as I would from an immediate family member.

I also think it is healthy for you to post your thoughts/concerns/etc - you have an amazing support group here.

+1 Following quietly on the side, Prayers from the beginning.

"I have to say I am the person I always wanted to be for this moment in time."

I thought that was beautiful and probably won't be able to say that when my time comes.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you LBJ, ask your oncologist if car-t is a possibility.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
LBJ, best on this and hope all goes well for you.

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Lord,
You have taught me that faith as small as a mustard seed can grow into an amazing tree.
Today I give you my little seed of faith. I place it firmly in the ground of your word. I water it with truth. The warmth of your love will make it grow.
Today I ask by faith that you would bring healing from this cancer. I place my trust in you. May this seed sow healing into every area where the tumour has emerged. May it grow into a strong work, redeeming and restoring with great strength and power.

Amen.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Very nice, thank you.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Continuing to hope & pray for the best for you.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I was put on Tarceva after my concurrent chemo and radiation treatments for lung cancer in 2009-2010. Pretty costly meds with some side effects. Use to take up to eight Imodium AD pills a day. When I started the cost was $4200 a month and when I went off of it, it was at $4800 a month. I Thank God for insurance. My cost was $65.00 a month. Heck they use to overnight ship it to my house with an Adult signature required. Wife was home for the delivery. I had to take it on an empty stomach so I would get up early to take one and go back to bed for a while. I can remember I dropped one in the carpet and thought heck there is over a hundred dollars down there somewhere. Scurried around to find it.

I had to take Vfend for three months while I was on Radiation at my cost of $1300 a month. I had Aspergillosis in my lungs after two bouts of pneumonia before the Cancer Treatment. Insurance paid 50% of that one which was also $1300 out of their pocket.

I can remember one day I had 5 different MD appoints and treatments. It can get very busy carry a planner.

All in all I am still here and cancer free going on 6 years.

Thank God!!

Keep The Faith!!

Keep the Fight!!

Prayers Sent
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out. It sounds like it was hell.

My clear cell carcinoma is incurable, will not go into remission, and does not respond to chemo and radiation.

All I can hope for is to hold things at bay as long as possible, hence the 3 to 5 years given me, maybe.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
You'll have my continued prayers lbj. I was reminded today by a neighbor how great our God is and has healed many, it is often the darkest before sunrise..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L, I DO NOT want to hear this news! Here to track you down, having misplaced personal contact info over the years.

Hang in there, and beat the odds. Good people don't deserve this. Just shows us that, like our court system, nature and the universe are not about fairness.

Wanted to let you know that Mike D (COT) passed on Tues AM. Your news trumps mine.

Posts: 6 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: February 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
While none of us are immortal, the future is not written yet ... you have plenty to give still and no one here is counting you out.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beowulf:
L, I DO NOT want to hear this news! Here to track you down, having misplaced personal contact info over the years.

Hang in there, and beat the odds. Good people don't deserve this. Just shows us that, like our court system, nature and the universe are not about fairness.

Wanted to let you know that Mike D (COT) passed on Tues AM. Your news trumps mine.

Sorry to hear about Donnely.

There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I could talk so I was not going to die at that time. However, it was the shortness of breath, the lung spasms, the wheezing, and the fluid build up which for me, is a tell tell sign control was needed quick. I mean, the 100 coughs with an 8-9 inch incision across my abdomen and the pain, I have never felt something so painful with each cough in my life.
Then rinse and repeat for another 99 times.

As an asthmatic, all I can say is those f&*#ing c*#@suckers.

I try to explain to people what an asthma attack is like. It's like drowning without the water.

I think I might have thrown a bed pan, empty or not, at whatever nurse tried to minimize an asthma attack, especially when you are recovering from surgery. At 70% oxygen, those jackasses should have had a clue. That is completely inexcusable.

The kicker is if you had those symptoms and walked into an ER, they'd literally be running around, trying to ensure you didn't go cyanotic and keel over.

Nebs? sure
Oxygen? Of course

but recovery from surgery? Golly, aren't you quite the hypochodriac

lbj, sorry you are going through this entire ordeal. I don't have any pithy sayings or anecdotes, I just wish you the best and hope you understand how appreciated you are.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
As I had posted earlier I was a healthcare worker for 30 yrs. I saw so many things that I could not understand or rationalize. Some things were truly heartbreaking, some were uplifting and gave me some positive things to reflect on.

I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma last summer. A slow growing type but one that can't be cured. I don't even think timeline. I put my trust in God to know what's right. I don't think of myself, but how my family may be sad. I'm sure you also worry more about your family than for yourself. It's what we do when we have loving supporting family and friends, and we love them.

The thing I focus on when I do start to feel down is to remember all the people, children and adults, who never ever had the quality of life that we did. Millions of people have never even gotten out of bed their entire life. Or never could walk, or experience the joys that we have. Or they died as a child. Even in our darkest hours we have much to be grateful for. We've experienced love, happiness, and so much more. Many have not. They never had the chance.

I wish you and your family strength and courage. There is still much to be grateful for even when we have to search to find it. With your faith, and the love you know, it will make life's journey easier and it will continue to be full.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is difficult to explain to someone how asthma feels and reacts in one's body if they have not experienced it.

SIGnified,

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis but you do seem to be taking it well.

On a side note, I have difficulty praying for myself regarding a miracle for me.
My feeling is that I already have the miracle, that being the whole of my life and experiences therein.

Mostly I pray for my family and what their lives will be like in the future.

One of the things that is killing me is watching the collateral effects of my cancer on my wife and kids. It is very easy to see it. It's a horror show.

It still feels like I am responsible for this.
Yes, reason and logic say it's not my fault.

On the other hand, the emotional side tends to rule on this and no matter how hard I try, I cannot help the feeling I am the cause of their pain and anguish.

They tell me they understand it's not my fault and I sincerely believe them, but that doesn't seen to quell my feeling on the collateral damage to them from my illness.

The Votrient should arrive today via UPS.

Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Lbj, I've been following your ordeal from the beginning but sadly I haven't chimed in until now. I tend to shy away simply because I don't know what to say...even with my own family. I hate when things like this happen to good people. I just wanted you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts every day and I continue to hope for the best.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

This journey is already going in directions I had never fathomed, whether physical or psychological, let alone the effects to those around me.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Hang in there man, I think of you every time I jump in the Mustang!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Continuing to pray for you lbj, and of course your family as well. Loved the prayer mjlennon prayed for you.

Keep up the fight brother.

And as has been said. You are an Inspiration.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post