SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    West Point Cadets OD while on Spring Break
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Point Cadets OD while on Spring Break Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted
Link

West Point cadets are identified as the six Florida Spring Breakers who overdosed on fentanyl-laced cocaine: Two who hadn't taken drugs poisoned when they gave their friends mouth-to-mouth.

More at link

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Out. Expelled. Whatever they call it when you get kicked out of there.

Get the fuck out. Dishonorable little motherfuckers. We don't want you, we don't need you. You're worthless. Out.

Posts: 107664 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had no idea that West Point cadets even got spring break. Here I’m thinking they’re scrubbing barracks with toothbrushes or out in the field during those times, no they’re off partying hearty Roll Eyes

Posts: 33834 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two of the cadets had not ingested the drugs but were overcome by the effects of fentanyl when they attempted to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on their sickened friends,

Uh huh. Sure. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20122 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to second what PASig stated:

I didn't know Cadets got spring break...
I thought that time period was used for Air Assault, ABN or other schools.

I read that one of them was a football player.

The sad part is that all of them are on appointment and getting a stipend each month.

There are sooooooo many individuals who would love to have one of those spots.

I would love to say adios but this is the new Army.

They will probably get a pass and made to attend mandatory counseling and treatment... while some of us have to take mandatory unicorn training... and people are getting discharged for not taking an unproven shot.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
My experience in the USN has indeed been zero tolerance, working in TS/SCI fields might impact that more but I don’t think so. It’s been 100% ADSEP from what I’ve seen.

With that said, 2 Army counterparts each had 2 Article 16s or whatever the hell the Army calls it and they both received good conduct awards. So who the hell knows with the Army

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6335 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are disgraces to the service and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the UCMJ.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fentanyl doesn't take much to kill you.

It can believe that giving CPR can give you enough to get you sick.

This cop got some on his shirt during a traffic stop ODed

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohi...l-after-traffic-stop

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
They should be discharged and made to pay back the time they have spent there.

No ifs, ands or buts.

In fact, I’d have some underclassmen pack the offenders shit and ship it all home to mommy’s COD. No reason to come back.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11295 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of some USNA graduates shooting protected shorebirds near Pensacola in 2009 or so.

https://www.change.org/p/21-pr...s-of-a-naval-academy

I’d think those on spring break would be more senior, to get the time off. They should of stuck to a handful of 8% IPA’s.

Posts: 6172 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Reminds me of some USNA graduates shooting protected shorebirds near Pensacola in 2009 or so.

https://www.change.org/p/21-pr...s-of-a-naval-academy

I’d think those on spring break would be more senior, to get the time off. They should of stuck to a handful of 8% IPA’s.

Wow, that’s an interestingly worded article. I wouldn’t put snorting coke and shooting birds in the same category, but it sounds like the author of that article wanted the Annapolis graduates to go in front of a firing squad!

Posts: 449 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Two of the cadets had not ingested the drugs but were overcome by the effects of fentanyl when they attempted to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on their sickened friends,

Uh huh. Sure. Roll Eyes

Whether it is what actually happened or not, I have no idea, but it certainly COULD happen.

2mg of fentanyl, enough to cause an OD and maybe kill you:

You don’t even have to eat it or snort it or whatever, it is absorbed easily through the skin. Legitimate RX fentanyl is frequently administered by skin patch.

This is how you get those headlines like “DEA seizes enough fentanyl to kill 10 million people in drug bust.” Enough fentanyl to kill 10 million people will fit in a carryon suitcase.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
My experience in the USN has indeed been zero tolerance, working in TS/SCI fields might impact that more but I don’t think so. It’s been 100% ADSEP from what I’ve seen.

With that said, 2 Army counterparts each had 2 Article 16s or whatever the hell the Army calls it and they both received good conduct awards. So who the hell knows with the Army

Not always.
Theres an E8 stashed in the building I work in. He popped positive on a Piss test a year ago. He just hangs out waiting for his retirement message to come in.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, gone, bye bye, see ya. If you could make them pay back I would be for that as well.

Academies have spring break and after summer training events they have an abbreviated summer break as well. They need the break. They don't need cocaine.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got out 10 years ago and was an Army MP. One of my buddies was in AIT for I think air traffic controller or something aviation.. anyway he got caught getting high on cough syrup. The army made him a cop after that… now saying that he was a super good dude and solid friend that was damn loyal. But still. Lol.. I bet these idiots will stay in, but they should be done

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
That will probably result in expulsion from West Point, and a bill for education services. They are not yet commissioned officers, and therefore not subject to the UCMJ. It's going to leave a mark.

I believe that upperclassmen from the service academies get spring break. I have skied with spring breakers from the USAFA

Edited:
I stand corrected. Cadets are considered active duty as cadets and are subject to the UCMJ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scratchy,

Posts: 4022 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Service Academy students are "on Active Duty" and are subject to the UCMJ.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well let's just say the standards of today are not what they once were.

they have recently 're-trained' cheaters.

https://www.armytimes.com/news...-must-repeat-a-year/

plus if they are the correct ethnicity...

but yeah -- for drugs they are likely gone. unless the 'CPR givers' can prove the case they were not users themselves.

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Uh huh. Sure. Roll Eyes

Would it be fair to say from your statement that if the two cadets in question found the other four not breathing and or pulseless and took no attempt to revive or rescue them they shouldn’t be disciplined? Or should they be disciplined in the above scenario as well?

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Isn't cpr just chest compression's these days?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19219 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post