SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Think we have another dog
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Think we have another dog Login/Join 
posted
Woke up early this morning to the dogs barking (we have 3, two large and a mini wiener dog).

Lights come on and they come towards the house. The wiener dog in front (she is in charge), our two large dogs behind her.

Then a Stafford-shire Terrier bringing up the rear. The only way this dog could have gotten onto our property is someone dropping it over the fence.

They appeared to be giving the dog a tour of the property. Creek, out building where they sleep and eat, fence line, where to pee, etc.

We watched and they fell into line and got along great. The Terrier rolled over on her back and let everyone sniff the goods.

She is skinny but otherwise appears healthy. I locked the other dogs in the out building and put out a bowl of dry food she inhaled.

Animal control is coming out and scan her for a chip. If there isn't one, looks like we have another dog. This poor thing would get put down if we take her to a shelter.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
You did a good thing.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I hope you realize what a difference you make in this some times screwed up world in which we live.

Thank you.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Good for you, my friend. You'll make a difference.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they've already made their decision. Now you have a pack. Good on ya.

Posts: 5999 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All our dogs have been dropped off in this area.

1. ZTop - Found him wondering down the middle of the road in a rain storm. Stopped and put him in the truck. Sharp Dressed Man was on the radio and his started bobbing his head to the music, hence his name.

2. Curveball. She just appeared at the gate. Skinny and tired. She has an inner ear problem and when she runs from point A to B, it's an arc. Hence,her name.

3. Hutton. Found her in a ditch with road rash on her head. Someone had apparently thrown her out of a vehicle. She is a mini dachshund. The other dogs outweigh her by 60 pounds, but she is in charge. When she barks, they listen. Hence, her name.

4. Stafford-shire terrier. To be determined.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Good job and one more small one will not cost all that more to feed.
My case is different,last May I had a skinny gsd mix jump my back fence in the middle of the night.
He want leave even if the gates are left open.
He weighed 75 # when the vet checked him and gave shots.
He is huge now,really huge,lots bigger than the Lab and he's 95#s
Very glad he adopted me.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took some beef bones out and they came running up, the new one trailing.

We've trained them that when we sit on the stump, they sit in order to get the bones.

Our 3 ran up and their ass hit the ground before they had quit running. The Terrier was about 10' back and just stood there. She looked at the other dogs, and sat.

They all got a bone and ran off into 4 different corners.

She's smart. She might be Einstein.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Sounds like she already lives at your place. Chip notwithstanding, of course. I don't think I'd want to give her up at this point.

I guess one possible scenario is that she got out of her rightful home & someone unknowingly dropped her over your fence believing she belonged there.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

2. Curveball. She just appeared at the gate. Skinny and tired. She has an inner ear problem and when she runs from point A to B, it's an arc. Hence,her name.

Now, that's funny.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

Now, that's funny.

Mike

When she runs, her head is on target but her body drifts.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Good on you ulsterman. Many blessings your way.. Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Help those who can't help themselves.
2. Give a hand up, not a hand out.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Dear god, can we have a pic or two. Please!

And I too am with the group that thinks you did good. Some people really suck, then there are others like you who do it right.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice stories! I believe that the way a person treats animals is part of judging their character.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 983 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. All 3 of my pups are rescues. The newest one, an Australian cattle dog mix is the new pack leader. He's already herding the bigger dogs around nipping at their heels.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Good stuff. All 3 of my pups are rescues. The newest one, an Australian cattle dog mix is the new pack leader. He's already herding the bigger dogs around nipping at their heels.

The mini dachshund let's them know who's in charge by jumping up and biting them on the chest, then hanging there.

Funny watching her swing like a pendulum.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Good for you, ulsterman!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Chip or not she is yours now it would seem! May good things come your way for saving a life!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post