SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Think we have another dog
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Think we have another dog Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
God bless y'all for taking her in.

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No chip. We got a muzzle on her and did looked her over. She has some scars and has had a litter. He will take her and hold her for a week to see a few anyone claims her. We will get her fixed and all her shots.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Great news! She is a lucky gal!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And brought her back. Figured she would be better off if we fostered her while they looked for the owner that they will never find.

Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Took some beef bones out and they came running up, the new one trailing.

We've trained them that when we sit on the stump, they sit in order to get the bones.

Our 3 ran up and their ass hit the ground before they had quit running. The Terrier was about 10' back and just stood there. She looked at the other dogs, and sat.

They all got a bone and ran off into 4 different corners.

She's smart. She might be Einstein.

Name her "MENSA"

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
quote:
Took some beef bones out and they came running up, the new one trailing.

We've trained them that when we sit on the stump, they sit in order to get the bones.

Our 3 ran up and their ass hit the ground before they had quit running. The Terrier was about 10' back and just stood there. She looked at the other dogs, and sat.

They all got a bone and ran off into 4 different corners.

She's smart. She might be Einstein.

Name her "MENSA"

"Madame Curie" or either "Madame" or "Curie"

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hypatia.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Outstanding.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you for letting her adopt you. Truly believe that God puts them where they belong. You folks are one more example Smile

Oh, and for those who might not know, Dachshunds are absolutely fearless, having been bred to hunt badgers in their holes Big Grin

Me, I think Doxies are cute Wink

As for the bully-breeds, have met quite a number at the shelter where my wife volunteers and they have all been sweethearts. People, as we know well, are the problem Mad

God bless you folks Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the person that dropped over the fence knew exactly where to drop her.

If she's thin, name her Twiggy.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
When she runs, her head is on target but her body drifts.

Willing to pay for video.

These are the best threads IMO- the small things that really aren't small, that make life worth living. Thank you.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Thank you for letting her adopt you. Truly believe that God puts them where they belong. You folks are one more example Smile

Oh, and for those who might not know, Dachshunds are absolutely fearless, having been bred to hunt badgers in their holes Big Grin

Me, I think Doxies are cute Wink

As for the bully-breeds, have met quite a number at the shelter where my wife volunteers and they have all been sweethearts. People, as we know well, are the problem Mad

God bless you folks Smile

If this mini wiener weighed as much as she thinks she does, she would be huge. A lot of bad ass in that little thing.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

If this mini wiener weighed as much as she thinks she does, she would be huge. A lot of bad ass in that little thing.

There's a mess of truth, right there Wink

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
good for you. I just applied to adopt a 7 year old GSD. I hope I get as lucky as you did.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:

There's a mess of truth, right there Wink

Think I told this story before. We went into a house and arrested a guy. There was this mini wiener dog pup just yapping up a storm and getting in the way. I picked the little shit up by the scruff of the neck and went eye to eye with him. Little shit reached out and bit me on the nose drawing blood. I ended up buying him a 25 pound bag of food and chew toys.

SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Well done sir! Thanks for looking out for her.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Think I told this story before. We went into a house and arrested a guy. There was this mini wiener dog pup just yapping up a storm and getting in the way. I picked the little shit up by the scruff of the neck and went eye to eye with him. Little shit reached out and bit me on the nose drawing blood. I ended up buying him a 25 pound bag of food and chew toys.

If you did, I am sorry to have missed it Big Grin

Imagine what that little cutie would have done had he been just a bit older Wink

Good on you for the care package for him Smile

Guess there's no need to mention our senior Yorkie trying to remove the nose from the Pit- mix next door Wink

Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Such a happy story, and a happy home!

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post