SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Think we have another dog
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Think we have another dog Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Another act of kindness in a cruel world.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Glad to read this. Put a smile on my face. Thanks so much. If not to much trouble, how bout a pic eventually.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
One of the posts I really enjoy, thanks for doing this!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is a winner, the names of your pups in particular made me laugh, thanks!

"1. ZTop - Found him wondering down the middle of the road in a rain storm. Stopped and put him in the truck. Sharp Dressed Man was on the radio and his started bobbing his head to the music, hence his name.

2. Curveball. She just appeared at the gate. Skinny and tired. She has an inner ear problem and when she runs from point A to B, it's an arc. Hence,her name.

3. Hutton. Found her in a ditch with road rash on her head. Someone had apparently thrown her out of a vehicle. She is a mini dachshund. The other dogs outweigh her by 60 pounds, but she is in charge. When she barks, they listen. Hence, her name.

4. Stafford-shire terrier. To be determined."

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
This thread is a winner, the names of your pups in particular made me laugh, thanks!

"1. ZTop - Found him wondering down the middle of the road in a rain storm. Stopped and put him in the truck. Sharp Dressed Man was on the radio and his started bobbing his head to the music, hence his name.

2. Curveball. She just appeared at the gate. Skinny and tired. She has an inner ear problem and when she runs from point A to B, it's an arc. Hence,her name.

3. Hutton. Found her in a ditch with road rash on her head. Someone had apparently thrown her out of a vehicle. She is a mini dachshund. The other dogs outweigh her by 60 pounds, but she is in charge. When she barks, they listen. Hence, her name.

4. Stafford-shire terrier. To be determined."

Had one that never quit barking the first 72 hours. The Mrs. said "That's a barker". Named him Bob.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had another from the pound named L.B.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:

Now, that's funny.

Mike

When she runs, her head is on target but her body drifts.

One hind leg is longer from living on the hill in West VA. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MP
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Thank you for letting her adopt you. Truly believe that God puts them where they belong. You folks are one more example Smile

Oh, and for those who might not know, Dachshunds are absolutely fearless, having been bred to hunt badgers in their holes Big Grin

Me, I think Doxies are cute Wink

As for the bully-breeds, have met quite a number at the shelter where my wife volunteers and they have all been sweethearts. People, as we know well, are the problem Mad

God bless you folks Smile

If this mini wiener weighed as much as she thinks she does, she would be huge. A lot of bad ass in that little thing.

All Dachshunds are 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Don't believe me? Ask one.

Thanks for taking her in. She will return the favor many times over. That little tour your dogs did is something mine have done with every new arrival.

Posts: 306 | Location: Houston,Texas USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
Awesome story!
Watch out you're going to end up like us, all of these are rescues.....

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post