SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone notice an increase in Amazon Orders.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone notice an increase in Amazon Orders. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a wonderful wife who rarely asks me for anything.

However, she asked me to get Amazon Prime a couple-three years ago and uses it to order lots of stuff.

I confess I order from them, too, as the free shipping usually makes the cost of an item close to or sometimes better than other online places. And it comes the next day, or maybe the next.

Ye, I realize the free shipping is paid for by my subscription to Amazon Prime and is not really free.

But I pretend it is and that makes it more palatable.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Never look at your entire order history. Nope not going to do it.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16402 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
12 for me this year and about the same number in the previous 4 or 5 years. My wife will never order something from Amazon that she can get at a grocery store locally.

I've ordered a couple of items that I thought might be knock offs. I know there isn't a lot Amazon can do or will do about it but I've started to look at the manufacturer's site before looking at Amazon now and find the prices are usually very close and sometimes less, depending on the item. There are definitely things I can find on Amazon that are very difficult or impossible to find nearby.

We've been talking about getting rid of our Prime membership lately.

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
7 orders in 2002, 24 orders in 2019, 26 in 2018.

Most of what I order is hard to buy locally but sometimes I'll buy for convenience and once in a while will buy because the deal is just too good to pass up ( I usually hear about those deals on this forum Cool). I tag along on my wife's Prime account.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I peaked at 46 orders in 2016, down to 24 in 2019.

I hate these people.

Over the past coupe of years, while looking at an item, the screen will show a message "item requires special handling and cannot be delivered to your address." At first this only happened occasionally, now it happens frequently. I called Amazon to enquire. They informed me that since I lived in a rural area and had Prime, the US Post Office would take longer than their guaranteed delivery date to get a purchase to my PO Box, so they just wouldn't sell me the product!

Even better - I bought a Firestick ($25). It failed after two months so I wrote a 2 star review. Amazon called me to see if they could make it right. Started out with a trouble shooting session, conclusion, yeah it's broke. So the Amazon Tech says he will send me a new one for free, which I thought was mighty nice of him. Then we spend half an hour, because he can't get his "system" to send it to my address! I finally hung up on him, and never got a free replacement Firestick.

The thing that really worries me about Amazon is this new second headquarters facility that AOC killed in NYC but which is proceeding apace in Arlington. They will have 25,000 to 50,000 additional administrative staff to support the people who actually pick, pack and ship product. I am not at all sure that their "system" will reflect a great improvement. I'm not buying any Amazon stock.

I am also concerned that Jeff Bezos has his own giant robot - that has to be supported by cables from the ceiling - and publishes the Washington Compost.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in the city, so can shop locally for just about anything we want.

Doubt that we place more than three orders a year from Amazon, typically Christmas when the kids were younger, but not much else.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Not going to run that report because I really don't want to know...

I do know that since I have moved to the country, Amazon comes much more frequently. It is a 20 minute drive to the nearest Target.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post