SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone notice an increase in Amazon Orders.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone notice an increase in Amazon Orders. Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
2017 - 215
2018 - 257
2019 - 360

I think I need help!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift.

Mark my words. At some point a politician or environmental activist will realize people are buying stuff on Amazon, paying $8 for an item and having it delivered to them the next day for free.

That will equate to "more trucks making absurd deliveries and killing the planet."

Government regulation will be required...

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
While I love Amazon as stated earlier, I'm not one of those people that go to a brick and mortar store to look at something and get touchy feely with it, then go home and order the item online. If a seller is willing to take the time to show the product and it's features I'll buy it from them. A lot of retail stores are price matching to stem this kind of thing.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
You can see what happened when we signed up for Prime

And how. I order every damn thing I can on Amazon, often paying more because it's so darn easy. Honestly I wish I could order more, I've grown to hate stores.

This month I've ordered everything from a key chain to car tires.

From 2000 to 2007 I averaged 3-5 orders a year.

2008 to 2013, averaged 7-8 orders a year.

2014 & 2015, 30 orders.

2016 61

2017 99

2018 98

2019 114

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My wife had her Amazon Prime hacked. I’m pretty sure she fell for the “Login to change your password” or something similar.
By the time she told me her account has a delivery address in Miami and a couple of Kindles were being shipped there. Then a very cheap phone case arrived. We did order. The Sports Illustrated subscription we also didn’t order.
The strange thing is all this wasn’t showing up on her order history. Not even on her credit card.
We then get an email from Amazon cancelling her account “due to excessive returns.” Huh? Still nothing on the order history.
Decided to contact customer service and see what was going on. Forgitaboutit! When you call, you get nice people. But, the termination is done in another section. No you can not call them. No all customer service can do is send a message. I tried three times and the only answer was that the account was terminated and there would be no more discussion. I tried social media online and nada.
There was no way I could find out anything. Everything comes back to a stonewall.
Yes we still have Amazon Prime. It’s in my name and my crazy friend in Silicon Valley has given me some security pointers.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Kinda makes me sorry for the brick and mortar but what's keep them from keeping up with the times? First place I go for anything is Amazon.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Never even thought about this before. I have been a Prime member for quite a while but not sure exactly when. Most likely when my orders spiked.

2019 - 62
2018 - 80
2017 - 95
2016 - 104
2015 - 113
2014 - 102
2013 - 95
2012 - 23
2011 - 24
2010 - 7
2009 - 14
2008 - 11
2007 - 1
2006 - 1
2005 - 1
2004 - 3
2003 - 0
2002 - 2
2001 - 2

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Stable, a slight decrease, even, for me. Sixteen orders each 2017 and 2018, 13 this year.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
1 in 1999 up to 108 this year.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Only 88 for 2019 and I was sure it was twice that much since it seems nearly everyday I'm anticipating a package on the porch.

I have notice you can actually find some things less expensive from other vendors, but Amazon has changed the way we shop so it becomes more difficult. If you go to a brick and mortar store to shop an item, you better have done your homework before hand. Sure you can pick things up from the self and read what the manufacturer has printed there, but no buyer reviews, list of buyer questions or recommendations for similar products will be found. Amazon gives you all of that plus free shipping and free returns with no quibble. They have really shifted the paradigm of retail shopping.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm way up, but we moved to a much less urban setting. Retail stores are a half hour drive. A couple times a year we drive to the outlet mall (2 hour drive) and once a month to Lexington, but the rest is either Kroger or Amazon. Also the prices are lower. I wanted a particular holster. The company website charged 10 bucks more than Amazon and shipping.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess this explains how Bezos became the world's richest person!

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mark my words. At some point a politician or environmental activist will realize people are buying stuff on Amazon, paying $8 for an item and having it delivered to them the next day for free.

That will equate to "more trucks making absurd deliveries and killing the planet."

Government regulation will be required...

If Amazon isn't collecting sales tax (I know they are now to some degree), and they don't have a physical presence in your area (no property tax, no employment tax, etc)......

Then who's tax dollars are paying for the roads that are getting all of that extra wear and tear from their delivery vehicles?

quote:
Kinda makes me sorry for the brick and mortar but what's keep them from keeping up with the times?

I'm assuming you've never owned a business?

What's your theory on why brick and mortar businesses can't keep up with Amazon?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Using my phone so I may not see same format as you guys, so no idea on the count.

It shows my first order that I can see in 2006 was a 46" Samsung HDTV. I can't believe the very first purchase I would make would be a TV, and I'm pretty sure I had an account in the early 2000's, maybe it got closed or something. Also shows I bought a pressure cooker in 2006, as far as I know, I've never owned one, maybe it was a present?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Also shows I bought a pressure cooker in 2006, as far as I know, I've never owned one, maybe it was a present?

Or that sneaky wife was laundering excess cash by using your account to purchase kitchen appliances.... Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
167 orders this year for me. Down from 172 last year.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
206 this year. Over 100 each of the past several years. We do live 45 minute from most big box stores, so Amazon is a nice option for us.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I'm an amateur.
Never had more than 26 orders going back to 1996.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
This is why my main credit card is an Amazon Prime Visa. Wink

Mine too! I'm afraid to check my order count.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I couldn't resist looking. 270 this year.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post