SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brandon Brown, innocent of any wrongdoing, is having trouble getting corporate sponsorship because of chant
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brandon Brown, innocent of any wrongdoing, is having trouble getting corporate sponsorship because of chant Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool!

They'll make a killing at the concession stand!

I want a LGB shirt, two hats, oh and a Winter of Death jacket!
This is Huge.
The marketing potential for hat’s, shirts, cars, cups, bumper stickers, flags.

A pure gold mine.

I will be watching this site for merchandise.
Brandonbilt Motorsports, Shop

LGB Coin

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Again, the man didn't "inspire" anything. He was simply giving an interview after winning a car race. Nothing, he did nothing, inspired nothing. The NBC apparatchik desperately trying to cover the chant of the crowd is responsible. End of story. Why can't they get this right?

And if the left is looking for someone to blame, someone to go after for starting this, they need to focus on that chick.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Would anybody expect anything less from NASCAR? Is Brian France not the only one doing drugs?

After the saying went viral, Brown said he was concerned about getting sponsorships because of the politics involved, but then as we reported, he decided not to fight the wave but go along with it, signing a deal with LGBCoin.io to sponsor his Xfinity Series car for this year.

Brown’s publicist Max Marucci said the paint scheme on the car had been approved by NASCAR in writing prior to the announcement of the deal. But now, NASCAR is backpedaling, announcing that they are still “reviewing” the details. A NASCAR official told Motorsports that Brown “jumped the gun” when he made the announcement.

NASCAR is now getting cold feet about something they had already greenlit. Not a good look, NASCAR. If you already approved it, you should have the courage of your convictions, and if you didn’t want to approve it, you shouldn’t have done so begin with.

“I don’t know what happened, any internal conversations,” Marucci said. “But we’re just going to try to work through whatever happens next.”

NASCAR isn’t talking or explaining themselves. The president, Steve Phelps, had previously said he didn’t want the organization to be connected to politics of the left or the right.

That, of course, rings a bit hollow, given that NASCAR approved a Black Lives Matter logo on Bubba Wallace’s car for a race at Martinsville Speedway.

Posts: 9154 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

We can't go enjoying anything now, shall we?

Racing is in my blood, soooo I don't know what you expect us to do. Same thing with people who grew up in families serious about football? Are we supposed to just stop watching something that has brought joy and a sense of competition to us our whole lives?

If you wanna walk away, fine, it's not that simple for some of us, and I really don't care how much you don't care about Nascar.

Rant over, Im out.

If you tolerate their CONDESCENSION, REJECTION, and SCORN of YOU and their core base of fans then you can take it however you like.

Sports doesn't own you. YOU the fan who spends the money on their WOKE BULLSHIT owns THEM. It's just entertainment. If you don't pay, they don't earn.

It is JUST THAT SIMPLE to walk away from a sport that professes hate for you and acceptance of a communist agenda. Either stand up for your principles or bend over. Your choice.

This is how it works. They try to cancel you, but you have the power to cancel them!

Or you can be a RINO like all the RINO's in Congress and give it a pass out of "compromise" an "decorum" and slouch towards communism. Since when did appeasing communists get them to stop? NEVER, ONCE, EVER.

Caesar provided the games with Gladiators to satiate the masses and distract them from the corruption of the government. And the masses accepted a dictator to replace their Republic, which led to their downfall. WAKE UP!

I don't need to get educated or wake up. I know where I stand, and where they stand.

Thing is, most of Nascar and the NFL are good people brought up on what makes America great, competition.

I'm tired of hearing you cynical, lifeless old farts explaining to me what I shouldn't watch.

I don't have the slightest interest in nihilism.

I love racing. I love the cars. Politics has no place in sport. I'll keep saying it, and Ill keep watching the good people doing the right thing. Trying to win in an environment that has always been a merit based endeavor, something this country needs.

You say wake up?

How about you try to find some beauty in this world, and stop shitting on your brothers?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I never understood how it helps or hurts the NFL or NASCAR or whomever, whether I watch or not.

There's no ratings device on my TV. They don't know one way or the other. I'm not the kind of person to run out and buy a product because I saw a sticker on a car, or a commercial during a time out. Some people certainly are, but if you're not...

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
People are so quick to give up anything they aren't into. It's like non-gun enthusiasts telling us they are ok with giving up their guns. Super duper and kiss my ass.

If you don't like Nascar that's fine, I get it, but don't tell me I'm perpetuating the spread of communism by watching and enjoying it. And it is the Pinnacle of closed-wheel racing in the USA, telling me to watch some amateur series instead is totally obtuse.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Everything's cool, DoctorSolo. You shouldn't have to defend your fondness of NASCAR. You've done a fine job of it, though.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I never understood how it helps or hurts the NFL or NASCAR or whomever, whether I watch or not.

There's no ratings device on my TV. They don't know one way or the other. I'm not the kind of person to run out and buy a product because I saw a sticker on a car, or a commercial during a time out. Some people certainly are, but if you're not...

You're not part of the Nielsen Ratings? Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
NASCAR isn’t talking or explaining themselves. The president, Steve Phelps, had previously said he didn’t want the organization to be connected to politics of the left or the right.

You mean, the same organization that did big demonstrations to support Bubba Smollett/Wallace over a garage door pull?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
It’s not about fair. It’s about making money. If advertisers think Brandon’s brand is broken, they are not going to waste their money on him. It’s a rational business decision, plain old capitalism. If anyone is to blame for the situation, it’s the knuckleheads who keep the phrase alive. Brandon can sue them.

-Loungechair

Posts: 675 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoungeChair:
It’s not about fair.
Who said anything about "fair"? What's with the straw man?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well?

Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by LoungeChair:
It’s not about fair.
Who said anything about "fair"? What's with the straw man?

Fine, fair is my word... an analog for "wrong". I do agree that it is predictable and I stick with my assertion that it just boils down to money. Right now, through no fault of his own, Brandon appears to be damaged goods for advertisers.

-Loungechair

Posts: 675 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
NASCAR rejects Brandon Brown’s ‘Let’s go, Brandon’-themed car

Read the article if you need a weasel-words fix.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post