SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brandon Brown, innocent of any wrongdoing, is having trouble getting corporate sponsorship because of chant
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brandon Brown, innocent of any wrongdoing, is having trouble getting corporate sponsorship because of chant Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The man did nothing wrong. Nothing. Yet, the slimey puke leftists lash out at anyone they perceive as getting in their way. This is wrong, but predictable.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/po...-marketability-tough

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
maybe someone could start up a go-fund-me for him, donations to raise funds for a year of racing, 70 million Trump voters, he'd have to paint Lets Go Brandon on the hood.... wonder if WokeCar would let him run it....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Agreed. It's a shame that Kelli Stavast felt the need to attempt to misdirect the message being chanted by the fans and ended up involving Brown inadvertently.

Unintended consequences and all that.

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep, if someone is to blame, it's that NBC apparatchik.

The title of the article is inaccurate, which says he "unintentionally sparked ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ chant." Incorrect. He did nothing, either intentionally or unintentionally. Saying he "unintentionally sparked yadayada" implies he took action of some sort, or said something or other which caused all of this. He did no such thing. I feel for this guy.

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure there is a way he can turn this in his favor. (with a little help)

I stopped giving a shit about Nascar after the noose non-incident but this type of nonsense is why the left is ruining sports entertainment for a lot of people.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yep, if someone is to blame, it's that NBC apparatchik.

The title of the article is inaccurate, which says he "unintentionally sparked ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ chant." Incorrect. He did nothing, either intentionally or unintentionally. Saying he "unintentionally sparked yadayada" implies he took action of some sort, or said something or other which caused all of this. He did no such thing. I feel for this guy.

Yeah, that's the first thing that struck me while reading the article...there is no intentional or unintentional here, the man did nothing more than win a race and give an interview, and a reporter's first instinct was to lie and try to cover up the crowd's spontaneous reaction.

======

Big Grin
From the article:

Just on Christmas Eve, controversy was sparked when a dad of four called to speak with Biden and the first lady during a holiday-themed event and said the phrase live on the call.

"I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well. Merry Christmas and Let’s go, Brandon!" the dad, identified as Jared Schmeck from Oregon, said at the end of the call.

Biden responded: "Let's go, Brandon, I agree."

The president then asked Schmeck where in Oregon he is from, but no one responded.

"I think we lost him," Biden said.

Big Grin

Yes, President Biden, you seem to have lost him...in more ways than one.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The undertone of the article, unstated, is that being associated with anti-Biden/Democrat supporters is the reason it is considered controversial. Meanwhile, many of these same companies have no problem taking controversial liberal political stances.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
FWIW NASCAR is struggling, even big name winners are losing sponsors. Publicity for Brandon Brown may actually give him a leg up for some backing these days, we'll see.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder how much it would cost to get sigforum on the hood? We could probably afford a small decal on the lower quarter panel

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
. . . but this type of nonsense is why the left is ruining sports entertainment everything for a lot of people.

Not only sports entertainment - the Left ruins everything it touches. It is truly an ideology of misery, destruction and death.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Maybe Black Rifle Coffee and Benchmade could redeem themselves with sponsorships.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Maybe Black Rifle Coffee and Benchmade could redeem themselves with sponsorships.

I'll be holding my breath.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, would he have any possible legal grounds for action against Kelli Stavast?

I am NOT advocation such action. I’m just curious since we are such a litigious society.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
If anything I'd have thought that the bulk of Nascar fans are conservative leaning, and would therefore draw the same type of sponsors. Think of the shooting sports alone, big $$. Remington, S&W, Mossberg, etc. Surely they don't get confused about their predominant base.

Leupold, for example, cannot think that even half of their end users are dems, can they? Then again, I haven't seen the Leupold car win much lately... like anything... soooo....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:

Uh, yeah, no....

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wonder how much it would cost to get sigforum on the hood?

Back around 2012, a hood for a Cup car for the year was about $20M. No idea what it is now, or what it would be for truck series.

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
about $20M

I have a crisp $20 Smile

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The kid won his first Xfinity race against the best of 'em. The talent is there.

Seems if he got a decent haircut and played his cards right, his name recognition should help a lot.

If nothing pans out, embrace it. Who else can say they have 'official Brandon' merchandise?

Being a mid-term election year, sponsorship from anybody with an (R) behind their names is a no brainer.

Change the number to 45 and Trump could sponsor him all year? Idunno.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’d donate to the “Let’s go Brandon” #45 car driven by Brandon Brown! I’m not even a real fan of NASCAR. That said, the $20 mil price tag per year is quite ridiculous with marginal returns. I didn’t shop at Home Depot or Lowes because of Tony Stewart or Jimmy Johnson and I sure as shit knew what both stores were. I can’t see how any publicly traded company can justify that price tag.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If he changed his sexual identity and name to Brandonna, he’d be back in their good graces.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post