SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brandon Brown, innocent of any wrongdoing, is having trouble getting corporate sponsorship because of chant
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brandon Brown, innocent of any wrongdoing, is having trouble getting corporate sponsorship because of chant Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Corporations are not the friend of the American public, they are attempting to be our overseers of both opinion and laws.

Even in an open carry state, tell me you can at the office of a multi state corporation. Not. There policies are the law inside their building, and your employment turns on you bending your knee to those who sign your paycheck.

Consider the number of retail employees 50 years ago were largely in small private business, now most are in a few major retail chains. Walmart, Target, KMart, even Dollar General. The Mom and Pop stores took a huge beating, and now all those employees and their children's children work for the corporations - and have to Obey or no job. Those corporations also have highly similar policies, right down to "no guns in your car in the parking lot," and even where it got overturned in court, chains still have them in the policy handbook. You sign you read it and will comply to get the job. Break policy and you are now the poster child filing for unemployment. "Don't be Brad, enjoy your job, feed your family, work toward promotion, not watching your family hate you for your lack of consideration." That's the line put out on the whisper net at work when these things come up.

We get played to hate our political enemies when our workplace has done more to take away our rights than anyone.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I am a Nascar fan, and this is a great example of the left leaning corporate shitbags ruining the world.

I would donate to Brandon to help fund a seat.

They[media-marxist-zealots] better not start fucking with Nascar. If something's gonna spark a civil war... It's gonna be something insane like that.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
A big SIG forum logo a.k.a. sponsorship on the car

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Man Who Told Biden, 'Let's Go Brandon,' During Christmas Eve Call Claims He Is Now Receiving Threats

Landon Mion | Dec 26, 2021 10:15 AM

The caller who said "Let's go, Brandon," as he ended a Christmas Eve phone call with President Joe Biden claims he has since been threatened over the "joke," saying that he is "being attacked for utilizing my freedom of speech."

Jared Schmeck, a former Oregon police officer, told The Oregonian that he has received a number of vague but still threatening phone calls following the live stream and media coverage of his call to Biden.

"I understand there is a vulgar meaning to 'Let’s go, Brandon,' but I’m not that simple minded, no matter how I feel about him," Schmeck said.

During the Friday chat, after Schmeck tagged the phrase, Biden responded by saying, "'Let’s go, Brandon,' I agree," despite the phrase being used by critics of the president as a substitute for "F--k Joe Biden."

The phrase "Let's go, Brandon" became popular among those critical of the president following a NASCAR race in early October, when an NBC Sports reporter interviewing winning driver Brandon Brown claimed the crowd was shouting "Let's go, Brandon" when they were actually saying "F--k Joe Biden."

Schmeck, however, told the Oregon newspaper that he had nothing against Biden but believes the president "can be doing a better job" and that he meant "no disrespect to him."

"I understand there is a vulgar meaning to 'Let's go Brandon,' but I’m not that simple minded, no matter how I feel about him," Schmeck said. "He seems likes he’s a cordial guy. There’s no animosity or anything like that. It was merely just an innocent jest to also express my God-given right to express my frustrations in a joking manner...I love him just like I love any other brother or sister."

But he also said he "stood 100 percent behind what I did and what I said."

And while Schmeck did express criticism of the president, he said that he is not a "Trumper," but rather, a "free-thinking American and follower of Jesus Christ."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ti...I4Q&feature=emb_logo

The Schmeck family calls into the NORAD Santa tracker every Christmas Eve but told The Oregonian that he was unaware that the conversation would be live-streamed.

When Schmeck called, a voice on the line told him that First Lady Jill Biden would be taking calls. He assumed that his family would just hear a recording of the first lady but was surprised when the Bidens picked up the phone.

Then, when the president and the first lady began speaking to the Shmecks, Biden became particularly interested after he learned one of the Oregon family's kids was named Hunter, the same name as one of the president's sons and grandsons.

The two families then discussed items on the Shmeck childrens' Christmas lists.

Jill Biden wished the Shmecks a Merry Christmas at the end of the call and Jared Schmeck responded by saying, "I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas as well. Merry Christmas and Let’s go, Brandon!"

Shortly after the call, Schmeck’s wife posted to Instagram a message that read, "My husband may or may not have just told joe and jill Biden 'let’s go Brandon’ on the phone,'" followed by two crying emojis.

Schmeck also posted a video of their conversation with the Bidens to his YouTube channel, accompanied by the caption, "We talked to President Joe Biden on Christmas Eve! #letsgobrandon."

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"So the short answer is it's been tough to connect with partnerships just because it's kind of viewed as a ticking time bomb: 'What is he doing to choose or say and how would that effect our consumer base?' It's too much of a risk.' I understand it on their side but it's made it really hard to tie everything down," Brown continued.

Corporate branding, PR, advertising and marketing...fuck these people. Social media, is an extension of this mindset and how its poisoned the national discourse of the population.

The department that spends the most amount of money but, can show very little return or, any metric as to how its performing vis-a-vie the rest of the company. They've taken over the executive offices of many, many companies and their meddling and bumbling has gotten many companies into the lost state that they're in today.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I wonder how I could receive death threats. I don't answer any call from a number not in my address book. My FB profile is locked to friends only. I don't answer my door for unexpected company. I wonder if I'm on someone's schitlist and just don't know it yet. Oh well.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
If he changed his sexual identity and name to Brandonna, he’d be back in their good graces.

Yep, that’d probably do it. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Saw that somewhere he had posted how he'd like polly-ticks to be out of NAPCAR. My response was "Welcome to the party pal. We've been bemoaning woke politics being rammed down our throats in every sports broadcast out there." I didn't tune in to a ball game to get lectured on BLAMTIFA politics or to get lectured about the need for gun control by a sportscaster. So I just don't tune in any more.

Heck, NAPCAR went total woke when they had that parade in response to someone feeling like they were in jeopardy of being lynched by a garage door pull.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
For those suggesting supporting NASCAR or sponsoring this driver, I was going to make a similar point, in that NASCAR has already gone woke. I seem to recall that they had previously either banned fans from flying American flags or Confederate flags, or skipping the National Anthem before races or some such nonsense.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heck, NAPCAR went total woke when they had that parade in response to someone feeling like they were in jeopardy of being lynched by a garage door pull.

NAPCAR pissed me off when they allowed BLM/Wokeness to push the fake noose agenda and Bubba Wallace, being a crappy driver and on the edge of going away for poor performance, played that card.

The thing that pisses me off more than anything is being a non racist white male fan of NASCAR we were all immediately found guilty because of our association with NAPCAR as fans by NAPCARS reaction.

Bubba took the bait, listened to the BLM marketing crew and went after the one sport not infested with racial issues (Kapperdicks kneeling) he was coached and brought it to NAPCAR, mostly to keep himself from being fired for shitty performance, now he could hide behind his blackness.

NAPCAR made every driver, mechanic, pit crew member, manager, and fan a member of the hated white folk image. Screw them for doing that, yep still watch occasionally because I like racing, however no where near as many as I used to, and most times it's DVR so I can skip the commercials. NAPCAR isn't getting any fan money from me again in the form of merch or tickets.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
^^^^^^
For those suggesting supporting NASCAR or sponsoring this driver, I was going to make a similar point, in that NASCAR has already gone woke. I seem to recall that they had previously either banned fans from flying American flags or Confederate flags, or skipping the National Anthem before races or some such nonsense.

They declared war on the Confederate flag (stars and bars). Coincidentally, RIGHT AFTER they took this stance, they 'found' the 'noose' in (black driver's) Bubba Wallace's garage. It was a completely fabricated 'racial incident,' yet it also was used to steam-roll over any and all opposition to the decision to ban the Confederate flag.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^

We can't go enjoying anything now, shall we?

Racing is in my blood, soooo I don't know what you expect us to do. Same thing with people who grew up in families serious about football? Are we supposed to just stop watching something that has brought joy and a sense of competition to us our whole lives?

If you wanna walk away, fine, it's not that simple for some of us, and I really don't care how much you don't care about Nascar.

Rant over, Im out.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:
^^^^^^

Racing is in my blood, soooo I don't know what you expect us to do. Same thing with people who grew up in families serious about football? Are we supposed to just stop watching something that has brought joy and a sense of competition to us our whole lives?

If you wanna walk away, fine, it's not that simple for some of us, and I really don't care how much you don't care about Nascar.

Rant over, Im out.

I followed sports for decades, including NFL football and MLB baseball, and for a short time, even NASCAR. Over a period of years, as the players, league owners, and league officials changed to support woke agendas, I found they had abandoned traditional principles that I shared with them, and the focus shifted away from the game and instead to political beliefs. Although I didn't spend huge amounts of money on gear, I owned movies and books, and spent significant time becoming a student of the various sports.

I didn't leave them... they left me. So, I found other sports and other activities to support and spend time on.

Last time I checked, there are other racing sports besides NASCAR to support, just as there are alternatives to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL etc..

There are sell outs in every controversy and I couldn't care less what's in your blood or what you spend your time and money on, and I don't have any expectations of you, other than for you to occasionally post nothing more than rants on the forum.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rant over, Im out.

Well you don't have to give it up, just cut it back, like a bad addiction LOL

I watch Daytona, Bristol, Darlington, Talladega and the All Star race, but I'm not tuning in every weekend anymore... So still get a fix but not helping their ratings all the time...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have a new favorite driver/car to follow

DRIVER BRANDON BROWN UNVEILS 'LET'S GO BRANDON' CAR

Link

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's excellent. A prediction, however- "LGB" - you know who will come after him next.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Have a new favorite driver/car to follow

DRIVER BRANDON BROWN UNVEILS 'LET'S GO BRANDON' CAR

Link
Looks like I'll have to start watching NASCAR, drinking Bud Light, and flying a Confederate Flag. All righty then, it's for a good cause!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

They'll make a killing at the concession stand!

I want a LGB shirt, two hats, oh and a Winter of Death jacket!

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

Rant over, Im out.

If you tolerate their CONDESCENSION, REJECTION, and SCORN of YOU and their core base of fans then you can take it however you like.

Sports doesn't own you. YOU the fan who spends the money on their WOKE BULLSHIT owns THEM. It's just entertainment. If you don't pay, they don't earn.

It is JUST THAT SIMPLE to walk away from a sport that professes hate for you and acceptance of a communist agenda. Either stand up for your principles or bend over. Your choice.

This is how it works. They try to cancel you, but you have the power to cancel them!

Or you can be a RINO like all the RINO's in Congress and give it a pass out of "compromise" an "decorum" and slouch towards communism. Since when did appeasing communists get them to stop? NEVER, ONCE, EVER.

Caesar provided the games with Gladiators to satiate the masses and distract them from the corruption of the government. And the masses accepted a dictator to replace their Republic, which led to their downfall. WAKE UP!

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not so fast, say the idiots at NASCAR. We haven't approved it yet. There is still time for them to shoot themselves in the foot again with their core fans.

https://www.motorsport.com/nas...andon-brown/7035095/

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post