SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SpaceX unveils Falcon Heavy at Cape Canaveral
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SpaceX unveils Falcon Heavy at Cape Canaveral Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
https://spaceflightnow.com/201...t-commercial-launch/

https://www.marketwatch.com/st...l-payload-2019-04-11

SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy ready for first commercial launch

Last night's launch was scrubbed, so the window is from roughly 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm EST tonight.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

the window is from roughly 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm EST tonight.
You mean EDT, don't you? EDT is GMT -4, EST is GMT -5.

Don't get me started with the UCT thing. I'm too old for that shit, it was GMT for most of my life. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I am just boarding a flight from BWI to TPA. I should be over northern Florida at around 30,000 ft at 6:36 EDT. Hopefully I will get a good view of FH blasting on into orbit!!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We should be able to see it from the front yard as it clears the tree lines...

If it goes at all, three scrubs this week already.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
You mean EDT, don't you? EDT is GMT -4, EST is GMT -5.

How 'bout we just start referring to ALL time in ZULU/GMT. That'll confuse the shit out of just about everyone here... Cool When my bro was deployed to Afshitistan, he said everyone synced their watches to GMT and that's the time they went on. I say we adopt that principal...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Beautiful clear sky. Winds lower than yesterday. Go, baby, go!

(Even though it's fucking Arabsat. https://beoutq.tv/

"This is the story of beoutQ & Arabsat - the Saudi Arabian-backed pirates of world sport and entertainment.

World sport and entertainment are being stolen by Saudi Arabia. In what initially had its roots in a regional dispute between Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the beoutQ piracy has now become one of the greatest threats to the future of the sports and entertainment industry.

This website traces the story of beoutQ, the Saudi Arabia-based pirate TV channel and Arabsat, the Riyadh-headquartered satellite provider. Together, this pirate channel and satellite provider are carrying out – almost on a daily basis – the most widespread piracy operation that the world has ever seen, principally targeting the global broadcaster beIN SPORTS for political purposes (beIN’s headquarters are in Qatar), but in-so-doing stealing the intellectual property of rights holders and other broadcasters across the world....").

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
SAW THE 2 BOOSTERS RE ENTRY BURN!

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Its 1950'Sci Fi come to life!

Successful side by side landings.

Two sonic booms, as promised.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Center lands on Of Course I Still Love You.

HUZZAH! HUZZAH!!!

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
landed all 3 boosters...two on land, one on the ship

great video - although a lot of cut outs

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was sweet they nailed all three this time. Really impressive.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Awesome launch and landing!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
We should be able to see it from the front yard as it clears the tree lines...

If it goes at all, three scrubs this week already.
Yeah upper level winds shear has been crazy this week.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
SAW THE 2 BOOSTERS RE ENTRY BURN!

Must have been way cool! Very impressive flight. Those guys seem to have figured it out for the most part. Landing all 3 was impressive!

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is simply amazing. I don’t think this is getting the massive attention it should. Such an amazing accomplishment to reland them.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Ramius,
THX for posting that video!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Ramius,
THX for posting that video!

You got it! It’s absolutely mind blowing that they can do this...they landed all three boosters...vertically...ONE ON A FREAKING SEA BARGE!!!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
That side-by-side landing was incredible.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post