SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How Do I Protect My Step Father From Gold-Diggers?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Do I Protect My Step Father From Gold-Diggers? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
One of my very best friends, or I should say former best friends, had the same thing happen to him.

He had a decent income, good money in his 401K, but has been divorced several times. He is just one of those people who cannot live alone and feels they MUST have a significant other or spouse right away. That's usually a recipe for troubles, big troubles.

She has taken over his life and managed to alienate him from his old friends and family and has been draining his funds. She has total control over him, makes all the decisions, and he just goes along with them, happy as a pig going to the slaughterhouse.

However, he believes that he is extremely fortunate and happy to have this woman in his life, so much that he rarely talks to any of his old time friends and most of his family members.

He's 71 now and will soon be out of his saved money and only have his monthly social security.

We'll unfortunately have to watch this train wreck continue and see if she dumps him.

If that happens, he once again will be desperate for female companionship and will get involved with another bad woman.

It's sad.

How do you help them? I don't know. They won't listen to others, they're controlled by someone and won't change that.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Warn him, tell him the absolute truth in real words, don’t code it up or be nice, just tell the damn truth. After that if he wants to play stupid games he’ll get stupid prizes. I went through this with a friend, warned him big time that he was getting played and the lady is no damn good. He marries her, right after they are married she is prego, one month later she wants a divorce. Lied to him about the birth of this son. I mean I made this bitch at one single dinner before the food even came and she knew it. Once she knew it the eyes she gave me were hell and fire. My friend didn’t listen, got his ass burned, hard. I mean I was straight up in his ass on the phone yelling at him to run and he didn’t listen. If he didn’t listen your step father won’t either.

Just move on. Nothing you are going to say is going to change anything with him. Most men are suckers and the rest of us have to deal with these predators that somehow some way keep their behavior up and get away with it by enablers. I fend them off myself pretty easily and in the very beginning when I date but it’s always a pain in the ass at the time. I tell them flat out point blank that if our relationship is going to be about money, revolve around money, etc, that I am not interested. I don’t care if she looks like a Victoria Secrets model or half my age, no interest whatsoever. I’ve had them want help with a car payment, rent, x or y bill, school loans, you name it. My answer is always the same, you spent it, you charged it, you signed for it, that’s on you. Equality and all that Wink
I’m one aging man that is damn tired of the double standard many women pull. They want equality but not when it comes to that money. To me that’s hypocrisy. You want it both ways? Take that mess down to 7-11 and go sell it there.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12640 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I was in a restaurant with a buddy who’s quite well off and while our arm candy dinner dates were in the powder room he said “How big do you think her shovel is?” about the one he found particularly enticing after I warned him about her. Hopefully your stepfather can take care of himself as well.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
talk to him about it. Find out his intentions

Intercept her at the front door and talk to her. If you can do some research about her, and point out all the stuff you know about her. Her home, her kids etc. just to try to scare her off.

A multiple person intervention with him. Your wife, any other children he has etc...

Tell him everything that you see is going on and talk through it with him.

Private-eye on her to get full information about her.

Random brainstorming. Take it with a grain of salt.

Find him a non-gold digger girlfriend!

Get him a new phone with a new phone number. If he has an apple, switch to an android. In the process, her number is lost and gone forever.

block her number on his existing phone.

Tell her that he has COVID-19 and is in the hospital and cannot have visitors or talk to anyone as he is on a respirator

Move him in with you for a few months. coincided with the new phone or new phone number.

Spend a lot more time with him, to fend her off.

Show up at her house just to say hi. Make her life difficult the more she sticks around.

Bring your buddy "big tony" to say hi with you. He should drive a Cadillac. Wink

Get his money into a trust.

Your wife could become a mega witch with a capital B toward her.

Get her a new boyfriend!! Do you have a single buddy that could start "dating" her? To distract her, and or to make him pissed that she is off with some other guy. You take him to dinner at a place you know they will be. Your buddy is all over her etc...

Tell her that he has contracted COVID-19. Find a new Boy Friend to ask her out.

Send him on vacation for 6 months. With a new phone number.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Warn him, tell him the absolute truth in real words, don’t code it up or be nice, just tell the damn truth. After that if he wants to play stupid games he’ll get stupid prizes. I went through this with a friend, warned him big time that he was getting played and the lady is no damn good. He marries her, right after they are married she is prego, one month later she wants a divorce. Lied to him about the birth of this son. I mean I made this bitch at one single dinner before the food even came and she knew it. Once she knew it the eyes she gave me were hell and fire. My friend didn’t listen, got his ass burned, hard. I mean I was straight up in his ass on the phone yelling at him to run and he didn’t listen. If he didn’t listen your step father won’t either.

Just move on. Nothing you are going to say is going to change anything with him. Most men are suckers and the rest of us have to deal with these predators that somehow some way keep their behavior up and get away with it by enablers. I fend them off myself pretty easily and in the very beginning when I date but it’s always a pain in the ass at the time. I tell them flat out point blank that if our relationship is going to be about money, revolve around money, etc, that I am not interested. I don’t care if she looks like a Victoria Secrets model or half my age, no interest whatsoever. I’ve had them want help with a car payment, rent, x or y bill, school loans, you name it. My answer is always the same, you spent it, you charged it, you signed for it, that’s on you. Equality and all that Wink
I’m one aging man that is damn tired of the double standard many women pull. They want equality but not when it comes to that money. To me that’s hypocrisy. You want it both ways? Take that mess down to 7-11 and go sell it there.

Well said, Sir.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
TruthFinder can do a background search on his lady of interest. It might be a good idea.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this will work, It's just an idea, but you might try phoning the local newspaper in that town.

They might have a reporter who does the Police Beat Report, or legal issues, whatever they call it. IF you can find such a reporter, ask them if they have any recollection of that woman and the public information that they might be able to provide.

You may get a sympathetic ear that might be willing to help.

Maybe they used to call that the Police Blotter in the paper, listing all the arrests, jail sentences, etc.

Best wishes to you.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
H&K,

Try contacting lowflash here and get him to invest $100K by hiring a nice, young, and beautiful 55 year-old.

She soaks your dad for $300K. Of that, you give lowflash $150K and the remainder goes back to your dad.

Lowflash makes $50K on the investment and your dad doesn't lose everything. Kind of a win-win situation (even more so if you get a new step-mom) Razz

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post