SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Found a wad of cash today. Your thoughts?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a wad of cash today. Your thoughts? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Turn it in to the police. (I assume they still do that.) If nobody claims it in X amount of time then you can keep it.

Best check before assuming that.

I found a $100 bill laying in a puddle in the middle of the street during an after-lunch walk one day. Called the PD. Yeah, they'd keep it for X days to see if anybody wanted to claim it, but, when those X days were over I would not get it back, but it'd go into the city's general fund.

"Disregard," I replied. They seemed miffed.

I kept it for a while and eventually spent it on something. Don't recall what.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honest question. I assume everyone here has lost money before. Would the thought of calling the police and saying “I’d like to report I lost a hundred dollar bill” ever occur to anyone? Ever?

It’s a 170ish bucks. Yes, if this was a movie it might be the medicine money someone needs to save grandma. More likely it’s just 170ishbucks that someone lost. Never to be reunited with the original loser. Spend it. Give it charity. Either way you didn’t it back to the owner. Go on to next problem in life.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I guess there’s a limit on integrity.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Honest question. I assume everyone here has lost money before. Would the thought of calling the police and saying “I’d like to report I lost a hundred dollar bill” ever occur to anyone?
I wouldn't do so.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107618 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
I guess there’s a limit on integrity.

If you don’t believe there is, you are fooling yourself. Life ain’t no after school TV special.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post