SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do they have Food festivals in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do they have Food festivals in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Yep, Pig Out in the Park in Spokane.

http://www.spokanepigout.com/

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
There's a church or monastery or something like that just west of Portland that has a sausage festival every November. Bunch of different kinds of sausage. You can sit for dinner and/or buy the sausages and take them home to cook.

Posts: 7400 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Yeppers.

Got yer seafood festivals

And then there's this

Never been to the 2nd one.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1379 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I've never been fond of food festivals. I've been to a few and they were just crowded outdoor affairs, terrible parking, eating while standing, and the whole thing ends up costing a bit more than the trouble involved. I would rather sit down at a decent restaurant instead.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
http://www.bbqontheriver.org

I love it. End of summer time, lots of music, the BBQ is awesome, and let's not forget funnel cakes. I work security at the beer gardens one or two nights, and get paid for the experience. What's not to love?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be pausing a bit on the possum

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My neck of the woods doesn't even have woods. The Chili Cookoff is not too far south of here, though.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We been known to cook a bit o' barbecue 'round here. Some, I mean.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am originally from Louisiana. There is always a festival of some kind going on;

Crawfish Festival-Breaux Bridge
Frog Festival-Raine
Couchon du Lait Festival-Mansura
Cameron Fur & Wildlife Festival-Cameron
Blessing of the Fleet-Morgan City

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T-Boy:
I am originally from Louisiana. There is always a festival of some kind going on;

Crawfish Festival-Breaux Bridge
Frog Festival-Raine
Couchon du Lait Festival-Mansura
Cameron Fur & Wildlife Festival-Cameron
Blessing of the Fleet-Morgan City
Cajun Food & Fun Fest-Welsh

Now I live in the Austin area and there are always somethin being promoted as a food based "event". Somehow it's not the same.

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

The Bell Buckle Cafe is awesome!

And so is the Ice Cream Shop around the corner:

I live within a mile of the Cafe, we eat there quit a lot. Just really really wish they did breakfast!

I remember getting ice-cream for the shop years ago, The Black Cherry was to die for. Miss Jenny, the owner, charged 10¢ a dip. The salesman that supplied them the ice-cream told her she was loosing money on the ice-cream. She told him to go fish! It was her ice-cream and she could charge whatever she wanted!

Well the ice-cream is still pretty good, but they sure do like to charge for it now!

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Ann Arbor, MIchigan, where I live, they have the Bacon Festival. It started off about 12 years back, and nowadays, it has become quite an event. But, it is a pricey event, and only people of means can attend, which is why I dont attend. I think they want $195.00 for the basic fee for the festival.

https://www.zingermanscampbacon.com/

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have A Taste of Cincinnati going this weekend. Don't know how to do the linky shit.

Posts: 84 | Location: Donnelsville,OH | Registered: June 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
the Chowder Festival is next saturday
https://www.prescottpark.org/e...okq-chowder-festival

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Is there a place that doesn't have a food festival? Even Posen, MI has the Posen Potato Festival, 66th year this year.

Posts: 11616 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:
The Memphis in May International Barbecue Competition comes to mind.

I would love to go to this one day. This is the biggest around here.

http://www.allthingspueblo.com...pueblochilefestival/

Posts: 7650 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pull up the Taste if cincinatti web page.
http://www.tasteofcincinnati.com/

then right click on the address in the bar at the top of the page.
that will highlight it in blue

and it will drop down a little box

click on the "copy" option

then go to the sigforum thread,

click on reply and another box will appear on the screen.

put your cursor in that white box and press
control and the letter V at the same time
and you will see
http://www.tasteofcincinnati.com/

then click the post now button.

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my old home town the local social club puts on a Testicle Festival every year. Pig, calf and turkey oysters. It is very well attended by the way.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2940 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
strawberries
http://villagesofvanburen.com/...ar.html?eventID=1256