SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are you reading, Sig Forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you reading, Sig Forum? Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I just finished David Baldacci's The Fix. It's the 3rd of his 'Memory Man Series.

Amos Decker (the protagonist) was a pro football player who received a head injury and subsequently developed total recall along with other things. That may be unlikely, but it works. It was a good read.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Stephen King; On Writing.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I just finished David Baldacci's The Fix. It's the 3rd of his 'Memory Man Series.

Amos Decker (the protagonist) was a pro football player who received a head injury and subsequently developed total recall along with other things. That maybe unlikely, but it works. It was a good read.

+1 on this. Very good read. Decker has a unique personality because of the injury and Baldacci did a great job in creating him.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I've been reading "The Bible", by God. It's a different kind of reading, really, so a few chapters a week is enough to get you thinking.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss and Shoe Dog by Phil Knight. Recommend both.

Posts: 162 | Location: Hartwood, VA | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Hue 1968 by Mark Bowden. I liked his books, Killing Pablo and Blackhawk Down. It's a good read so far. He tells both sides and also weaves the political aspect into the story.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Command and Control - Eric Schlosser

People of Chaco - Kendrick Frazier

Doc Holliday - Gary L. Roberts

Redshift - William G. Tifft

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53191 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Bunker Hill by Philbrick.

The book is engaging, and many many characters. Plus it is all true or plausible conjecture. A few pages at a time is all I can absorb.

In hardback from the library on a 9-week loan. My second.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Just finished Stephen Hunter's latest, G-Man.
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Right now I'm reading Andrew Peterson's Right to Kill, one of his Nathan McBride series books. I'm in light and fast action books mode now.
I finished Right to Kill right before G-Man.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23265 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
I read an English translation of the Quran a few months ago. Can't say I enjoyed it.

I suggest you read It IS about Islam- Glen Beck
Despite your feeling towards him he wrote a very good interpretation of the Quorum. Not that it's good for infidels, but you can understand what they are taught/teaching.
It's oil and water mixed with the US Constitution...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8358 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Foreign Agent - Brad Thor

Up next
The Black Widow - Daniel Silva
The Wright Brothers - David McCullough

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2090 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Just finished Brad Thor's Scot Harvath series - will read the next one starting Tuesday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrbill345,

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Last read: Gates of Fire Steven Pressfield

Currently reading: The Virtue of Selfishness Ayn Rand

In the que: The Way of Shadows Brent Weeks

Posts: 11224 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Summer of Night - Dan Simmons

Posts: 5586 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Last read: Gates of Fire Steven Pressfield

Currently reading: The Virtue of Selfishness Ayn Rand

In the que: The Way of Shadows Brent Weeks

Way of Shadows (Night Angel Trilogy) is very good.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Finishing the Joe Abercrombie First Law trilogy. Really struggling through the middle of the 3rd book, really have just stopped caring.

At any given moment, I'm also reading a number of non-fiction books. Currently it's business and branding stuff.

The Brand Flip: Why customers now run companies and how to profit from it. By Marty Neumeier.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
I read an English translation of the Quran a few months ago. Can't say I enjoyed it.

I suggest you read It IS about Islam- Glen Beck
Despite your feeling towards him he wrote a very good interpretation of the Quorum. Not that it's good for infidels, but you can understand what they are taught/teaching.
It's oil and water mixed with the US Constitution...

Reading "Enhanced Interrogation" by Dr. James Mitchell. Eye opening look into the minds of top terror leaders like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed who masterminded 9/11 and it turns out personally beheaded Daniel Pearl. If there was ever any doubt about the continuing threat of Islamic terrorism this book erases it entirely.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
I am currently in the front half of Defeating Jihad by Dr. Sebastian Gorka.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Buckskin, by Kit Dalton. Available at a Dollar General near you.

Posts: 26913 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post