SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just deleted myself from social media
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just deleted myself from social media Login/Join 
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i haven't been on for the last year i just deleted my account it takes 30 days lol

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Nothing has happened to change my mind. The closest thing to it might be this and a couple of other forums, as well as my professional resume on LinkedIn (although I'm not seeking work at this time).

Posts: 28021 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Franklin Graham, son of Billy Graham, was banned by Facebook a few days ago. He said it was a personal attack on him The kicker was that it was over a post in the year 2016. Apparently the Bible and Gods Word is hate speech according to Facebook.

Evangelist Franklin Graham on Sunday accused Facebook of personally attacking him after the company banned him from the platform for 24 hours over a post he published in 2016.

Evangelist Franklin Graham on Sunday accused Facebook of personally attacking him after the company banned him from the platform for 24 hours over a post he published in 2016.

"Why are they going back to 2016," Graham, the president of the evangelism organization Samaritan's Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, said on Fox News after discussing how the social media platform moderates content on a day-to-day basis.

"I think it was just really a personal attack toward me."

His comments came a day after a Facebook spokesperson confirmed to The Charlotte Observer that Graham had been banned from the site for 24 hours last week over the contents of a 2016 post.

The spokesperson said that Graham was mistakenly banned from the site after the post in question was flagged by its content review team for violating a company policy banning “dehumanizing language” and excluding people based on factors like sexual orientation and race.

The post had targeted Bruce Springsteen for canceling a North Carolina concert at the time due to the state's House Bill 2, or "bathroom bill."

“He says the NC law #HB2 to prevent men from being able to use women’s restrooms and locker rooms is going ‘backwards instead of forwards,’” Graham said in reference to the singer in the post. “Well, to be honest, we need to go back! Back to God. Back to respecting and honoring His commands.”

Graham's page has since been reinstated.

"The problem with Facebook, if you disagree with their position on sexual orientation then you could be classified as hate speech, or that you’re a racist. This is a problem," Graham said Sunday of the social media company.

"The Bible is truth and I would hope [Facebook] would look to the Bible and get some instruction from God’s word."

Facebook plans on apologizing to the administrator of Graham’s Facebook page, according to a spokesperson from the company. Graham said on Fox that he would accept the apology.

In addition to his comments on Sunday, Graham claimed that Facebook was trying to "define truth" in a post on the website.

"Truth is truth," he wrote. "God made the rules and His Word is truth. Actually, Facebook is censoring free speech. The free exchange of ideas is part of our country’s DNA.”

Link

Posts: 11866 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
The extend of my social media is this place, another gun forum, and one or two automotive forums.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Facebook needs to regulated and / or broken up. Hard to remove Z berg as he is a majority owner.
These wankers have been selling user data to third parties and for the most part, have gotten away with it. It’s particularly funny that he refers to users as members. They should actually be referred to as “product”...

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
They should actually be referred to as “product”...

I believe they are on record as saying 'our product is you'

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I got banned from leaving feedback on amazon because I “violated their community standards”. Like the OP with Facebook, I have no idea what I did. I think all it takes is for a “special person” to complain about something you said and poof, you’re shunned.

Posts: 26954 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
I used to enjoy facebook quite a bit and always kept my friends list tight, largely with family or like minded friends (several from this forum and I'm grateful for their virtual friendship).

The last I'd say year or two has seen a steady decline in my enthusiasm for FB though. Everything changed, my news feed is largely filled with advertisements for stuff I have no interest in or stuff I was just looking at on the web... That's creepy but totally by design. I see almost none of my friends and families posts any more and many of them have already left FB all together. The multiple Lies by the Z-man and his employees, the security breaches and the decidedly liberal bias just make it worse and worse.

I'm actually enjoying Instagram quite a bit more these days and spend my social media time there between two accounts, a personal one and one for my car. It's much less invasive, actually easier to connect with like minded people, and much more useful for meeting those same people in real life (for example at local car shows or swap meets in the case of my cars account). I think FB itself will continue to suffer a gradual decline into mediocrity.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't for this forum, I'd consider deleting the internet.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They closed and banned my first account. Lost years of precious kids pictures, that were unfortunately not backed up elsewhere. My crime? Offering a conservative point of view and factual conservative commentary based on real facts, not feals. Opened a new account and their censorship nazis closed my account again. I will not be back. Fuck nazibook!! Free speech is totally their thing, as long as your speech confirms to the 22 year old Berkeley grads shared ideals.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This forum is the closest I come to social media.

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Facebook??

I'll let Geoffrey Holder answer for me:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
If it wasn't for this forum, I'd consider deleting the internet.

I second that emotion Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm still active on FB, but it's 99.999% family and IRL friends/acquaintances. Exceedingly small amount of politics or social commentary. I've been off Twitter for over a month. I believe I'm going to delete my account.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
This forum and the M14 forum are more than enough social media for me.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17308 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Cool.

I have two FB accounts. I haven't even logged into my primary in about 8yrs, and I haven't logged into the secondary account in 2+ years now. I may return one day. Maybe not. It's usually some work related nonsense that drives me back to it once in a while. I'd be OK if the accounts disappeared yesterday, plus I already have backups of any important content, and I don't use their Messenger either, or Instagram, or WhatsApp. Zuck can suck it...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I just got hit with some censorship by Zuckerberg and his fascist anti free speech Nazis, over what? I have no honest idea. Seriously.

They don't tell you which post?

Please post what you were banned for so that we instead, can judge you properly!!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2274 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I know a handful of people who got dinged lately, and in every case it was for either forwarding edgy right-leaning memes or making negative comments against muslims.

They seem to be on a kick in the last couple of months.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have never been on social media ever in my life other than several frequently visited forums such as this and my email. Everyone who knows knows how I feel about Facebook in particular and they all know better any pictures they take of me and post on Facebook better not get back to me or they will hear from me.

We had a ugly Christmas sweater party at my daughters house for Christmas last week. my daughter posted a picture of me on her Facebook page. She knows better. It got back to me from somebody who seen it. Called my daughter up and reminded her not so nicely what my personal policy is in regards to my privacy and Facebook.
She won't do it again.

Nothing I hate worse than when somebody comes up to me and says oh I seen you were at this place or that place doing this thing or that thing and I know I never told them. Hell I may not have even seen that person in the last 6 months!! Mad

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8540 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
you will never be gone from facebook no matter how much you think you deleted, I did it a few years ago thinking it was long gone and made the mistake of typing my name in and all the stuff was still there.

Posts: 5607 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post