SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just deleted myself from social media
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just deleted myself from social media Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I just got hit with some censorship by Zuckerberg and his fascist anti free speech Nazis, over what? I have no honest idea. Seriously. I toned myself the hell down after trump won and after facing a 24hr then 48 hr ban over sharing memes mocking antifa I mellowed out.

I decided selling and buying shit in their classified section isn’t worth the hastle.

I honestly have no fucking idea why I was pusnished. I tried to find out what I did wrong.

Fuck it ar some point leftist keep pushing and it’s woryh just going nuclear and deleting yourself. They have already permanently deleted the voices and works of many people I like already. No need for me to hang around. Fuck em

THIS is fascist Naziesque bullshit. Silencing people because you don’t like their ideas. 3 day ban. Fuck that lets make it permanent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
my brother posts daily, sometimes hourly , on facebook,

he has not, as far as I know, been disciplined, which is surprising, since he posts stuff we buy from estates (FFL) and other random conservation stuff,

he has told me that several sections, even password protected areas, have been shut down for firearms content,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10436 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I left the social media BS last year and don't miss it one bit..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6335 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Somebody on your friends list is reporting it.
You need to cull the liberals !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Never joined FB, etc. however, I did have to delete Patreon today which I contributed to for supporting other craftsmen and artists. The “hate speach” bullshit is out of hand.

Now you have credit card services like MC deciding if your are an “untouchable”/outcast per your spending habits. The tyranny is closer than you ever imagined. So much for our founding principles. Roll Eyes

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Never joined FB, etc. however, I did have to delete Patreon today which I contributed to for supporting other craftsmen and artists. The “hate speach” bullshit is out of hand.

Now you have credit card services like MC deciding if your are an “untouchable”/outcast per your spending habits. The tyranny is closer than you ever imagined. So much for our founding principles. Roll Eyes

Jordan Peterson recently quit Patreon. He was taking in $80k per month from Patreon subscribers to put that in perspective.

Posts: 3956 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Jordan Peterson recently quit Patreon. He was taking in $80k per month from Patreon subscribers to put that in perspective.

He and his sidekick are officially out as of January 15, 2019. They’re looking at alternatives including crypto, but they are quite uncertain that any private/corporate institution can supply the necessary avenues for unfettered, and non-censored payments.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7382 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP I did the permanent deletion from facebook about three weeks ago.

Theres a two week wait for it to be permanent. You can backup your account and upload again if you decide to reignite your fb life.

Now when I try to login in it doesn't recognize me at all. I bet they still have my data and history on a server somewhere. They be good people.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm curious, stickman, what did you say that "triggered" Zuck and Company?

God bless America.

Posts: 13526 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Screw FuckBook! Glad I have zero history w/them, Instashit & SnapFart. I even deleted my LunkHead account a decade ago with some foresight. Quite a few companies have said to me they were surprised that they didn’t find any social media presence of me anywhere on the web... to which I replied, go me! Big Grin
Seriously, SF is my only internet hangout. A big shoutout to Para, LDD and the greater SF community as it’s the coolest and most informative place on the web!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dropped facebook 4-5 years ago. No social media for me.

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I refuse to join any social media that mines data and keeps tabs. Never been on farcebook, twatter, instacram, or any other garbage like that. My wife does FB, and has been banned 2 of 3 times for making comments libtards find offensive. One more and she’s gone.

And haveme is spot on; it’s almost a certainty that someone in your circle of friends is the one that will burn you. And a report requires NO validity to get you banned.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15632 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Sig Forum and a couple other gun forums are the only social media I've ever used.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
vthoky I honestly don’t know. There was no explanation. Just a 3 day ban. I decided to make it permanent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
And a report requires NO validity to get you banned.

"Guilty by accusation."
I believe we've seen this elsewhere in our society recently....

God bless America.

Posts: 13526 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Dakor, There’s at least one of those names that’s a real thing....

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I have been off of Faceplant since before the 16 election. I don’t miss it. I have been looking at WeMe but can’t confirm where it has originated from and if it will be a viable alternative to Facebook.

WeMe claims it will not sell, or share data and that we retain our pictures and information as our property.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I dumped facebook years ago. Just got tired of trying to sort thru all the BS to get to something that interested, or applied to, me.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Society set this in motion by accepting the false principle of 'hate speech'. This PC nonsense is going to get out of hand. It's going to get deadly as it runs its course. I am dismayed that a free people cannot forecast where this is going and stop it cold.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post