SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LG dishwasher DE error
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LG dishwasher DE error Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
LDT7808BD.ABDESNA

Looks like the washer cannot drain.

Suddenly.

If I send water into the drain hose from the sink outlet it will not flow into the washer, but remains in the hose.

If I blow air into the drain hose I cannot physically push air through the hose.

Any ideas how to unclog?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5075 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure of the size of the hose, but run a snake through it, or compressed air?

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1131 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t know how it could happen, but almost sounds like you somehow got a dishcloth or something similar through the pump and it’s clogged the drain hose.

Posts: 1182 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
As i understand you, you are attempting to send water down the drain hose back into the dishwasher?
Is there a one way check valve on the dishwater to prevent backflow from happening?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3855 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Check valve not sure. There is a plastic see through box with a U trap on the side of the dishwasher upstream of the drain hose.

-------

Posts: 5075 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Seems like the internet is awash with tales of drain pump failures.

This drain pump can be seen easily, but is not accessible. It makes a strange little purring sound on startup. Whirr. Pause. Whirr. Pause. A vibration is felt with a screwdriver pressed against the pump body.

-------

TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I have the same error. Haven’t made time to deal with it yet.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I have had that happen a time or two. I ran a metal coat hanger thru it. Grease gets clogged in the line and doesn't allow it to drain out.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4018 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post