SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What food does your state hate..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What food does your state hate.. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If you like your steak well or, near-well, do you actually taste anything? Isn't it simply a chewing exercise, any flavor?

Posts: 14662 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
If you like your steak well or, near-well, do you actually taste anything? Isn't it simply a chewing exercise, any flavor?

That's what the ketchup is for. Eek

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
For example, I guarantee if I asked 1,000 people in Seattle what food they hated, not a single one would say Kuerig.

Ummm. Ok. You familiar with bikini baristas? How many coffee roasteries you got nearby? These people are fucking nuts about coffee out here and can get quite snobby about it. The complaint I hear most about the Keurig out here is “it tastes like plastic” while they’re sipping something expensive out of the ever-present Starbucks cup you’d swear was surgically attached to their hand.

I’m not a coffee drinker, though I tried for a little while out of sheer peer pressure and curiosity about what could have these people so passionately debating grinds and roasts and whatnot. The coffee culture out here is real, and so is the smug superiority that goes with it.

Posts: 17167 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I've never been prouder of Texas.
Although I don't disagree with the choice in Texas, I am one who does not hold that choice--I want my meat (any kind) well done.

flashguy
Well OK, but you're not a "natural born" Texan. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30701 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I see no state hates Twinkies or beer, so there's hope.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Here in IL. we the tax payers and voters, are forced to eat SHIT and Crow!
Most hate it but seem to want it served to them frequently.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armored,

Posts: 4631 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you cook your steak well-done, you should be eating a burger, not a steak.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30412 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I've never been prouder of Texas.

New York, too. They know.

Yep, totally with you.
I still have my Texas passport... just waiting for the Republic of Texas to absorb OK, AR and MO!

St. Louis can stay with Illinois Razz

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Utah hates pretty much anything healthful. Big Grin ....or am I projecting?

What, all those shredded carrots in sugar-free Jello isn’t healthful? Say it isn’t so!
No, no--you have to have pineapple niblets, too!

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Western Washington hates very well done steak. I am on board with that. What a waste. Eastern Washington likely does not care for medium rare fresh troll-caught salmon. Slightly rare in the middle. And that is their loss.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Florida can send me all of their unwanted licorice, as long as it's still pliant and fresh.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

If you cook your steak well-done, you should be eating a burger, not a steak.

I don't even like my burgers well done (unless I don't know about the source of the meat)

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in California now and there's a CFA right near my hotel. Line is always long.

In SF last weekend I did not see any. Just a lot of bums.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I have no issues with chicken nuggets.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ND hates tapas and, UT hates balsamic vinegar Big Grin

LMAO!

Posts: 14662 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I love cold pizza.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Vermont did get it right in its dislike for spray cheese.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Virginia is 'DABBING PIZZA GREASE WITH A NAPKIN'. WTF does that mean? ???Confused???

Instead of eating all of the oil/grease that floats to the top of the pizza (mostly from the cheese) during the high temperature baking, one first blots it off with a paper napkin/towel before eating it. My wife does this; she hates eating any unnecessary oil, grease or fat. She also trims as much visible fat off of chicken, beef or pork before eating it.

However, she wasn't part of the survey.

Sounds like my house!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Hey, I actually like the occasional chai latte. Razz

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
A steak that has been properly cooked well done (or medium well) still has plenty of flavor (just not the taste of blood)--they can also be tender. The secret is to not hurry the process and to stop when the center has just lost the pink.
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Well OK, but you're not a "natural born" Texan. Wink
I have admitted that many times. At least I knew a good choice and didn't just have it handed to me. Smile

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post