SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What food does your state hate..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What food does your state hate.. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The coffee snobbery virtue-signaling I encounter out here doesn’t have me surprised about the K-Cups. One place I worked at with a bunch of hipsters had a Keurig in the breakroom and all they did was bitch about it until the owner gave up and brought in some fifty year old industrial unit. They loved the tar that thing glopped out, no more tears of rage from the bearded flannel soy boys. I used the Keurig to make instant hot water for soup, and afaik, was the only one using it in any way once the “vintage, heavily-seasoned” stuff showed up.

Posts: 17167 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Although I don't disagree with the choice in Texas, I am one who does not hold that choice--I want my meat (any kind) well done.

Funny, we have really good friends here in TX, who as a family unit (with 3 kids), all like steak medium to well done, not rare or even medium rare. Just last week at their house, I had him flip and yank 2 filets off the grill 5 minutes before their own steaks were pulled. Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
we have really good friends here in TX,

Must be transplants. Probably from CA, like half the northern part of state.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12429 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Missouri hates the last bite of a hot dog? Do they just throw that end away?

Uh, no. Especially not a ball park hot dog at Busch Stadium.
I have no idea where they came up with this clap trap.... Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24140 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I've never been prouder of Texas.

New York, too. They know.

Yep, totally with you.
I still have my Texas passport... just waiting for the Republic of Texas to absorb OK, AR and MO!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24140 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

Nope. He, a born and raised Texan, she moved to TX from Oklahoma while a child. We're the ones from CA (wife and I love our steaks rare).

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

i dunno. I have a doctor friend (anesthesiologist) who insists on well done because, “I believe in bacteria.” My response is, “Screw it, you gotta die of something. I’ll take mine medium rare, preferably on the lighter side.” Smile. To each their own.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
You guys wouldn't recognize humor if it slapped you with cold pizza (like pizza for breakfast ) Smile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Not sure how they arrived at Cold Pizza as the universally hated food in Michigan. Most people I know eat it.

I would have thought Quiche or Eggplant___ would be higher on the list than cold pizza.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37984 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Expensive cheese plates...as opposed to what, inexpensive cheese plates???

I'm from South Daktoa and I have no idea where that one came from. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2091 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
After looking at the map, I'm not going to bother reading the article. I am going to call Bullshit. There's too many conveniently contrived answers on the map to believe it was anything but make believe or flawed methodology. For example, I guarantee if I asked 1,000 people in Seattle what food they hated, not a single one would say Kuerig.

Posts: 10973 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I know many many people in Michigan who eat cold pizza.

And who the heck even thinks of "foraged food" when asked this question?

I think this is very very skewed by a small sample pool

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Virginia is 'DABBING PIZZA GREASE WITH A NAPKIN'. WTF does that mean? ???Confused???
It means they have shitty pizza places, or, are all going to the wrong one.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
New Jersey: gas station wine? You can't buy wine at a gas station in NJ. What are they talking about? Anyway, that's not a food and neither is balsamic vinegar. Balsamic vinegar? What?

Yeah, this list is bullshit. You can’t buy wine in NJ anywhere other than a liquor store.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I personally can vouch for the validity of the map as it pertains to Kentcky's most hated food. Hummus...YUCK!!!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Utah hates pretty much anything healthful. Big Grin ....or am I projecting?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Really - Chick-Fil-A in California?? Obviously the survey did not involve looking at the line(s) in front of the stores.

Yea....Hating Chick-Fil-A is something you say to people you want to impress...not something you actually do. Just like saying "I never watch TV" and "I hate Wal-Mart". What hypocrites!

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I've never been prouder of Texas.
It’s a good pick for us, but a better ones would’ve been:
  • ”grilled food called BBQ”
  • in honor of Jim Allen, “Mexican succotash (chili w/ beans)”

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of sigcrazy7
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by darthfuster:
    Utah hates pretty much anything healthful. Big Grin ....or am I projecting?

What, all those shredded carrots in sugar-free Jello isn’t healthful? Say it isn’t so!

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The cake is a lie!
    Picture of Nismo
    posted Hide Post
    I would have thought the hate would have started sooner before it reached well done.

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post