SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford's EV Q1 Losses Are Truly Impressive
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford's EV Q1 Losses Are Truly Impressive Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I'm really curious about how Ram and GMs EV trucks are gonna do in the market place. A truck is a terrible platform for an EV with our current technology. It was stupid to not make them hybrids. There's so much more real world potential there.

A bit pricey, but:
https://www.caranddriver.com/ram/1500-ramcharger

I think this idea has merit. Not sure I'd want to be first. It's Stellantis, after all.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2369 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

I’m glad some have EV’s, like them, and they fit in their lives and lifestyles, but for everyone? They are an eventual dead end without abundant, cheap, clean, safe, and globally available energy.

I already have abundant, cheap, clean, safe, energy. Nobody said “for everyone”. I bought a gas performance car last year. The dealer staff, nobody tried to push me into an EV. Not a word about them. A friend just bought an Acura, same thing. They focused on the sale of the gas vehicle and didn’t mention EV anything. Another friend just bought a AT4 Duramax, and nobody at the GMC dealer tried to push him into an Electric GM truck. Being made and being forced on you are two completely different things. These vehicle manufacturers are literally taking baths, financially, on their strategies of making big, heavy, expensive EV’s. The early adopters of these vehicles are also taking a bath financially via depreciation. So the market will correct itself. EV’s are great for commuter cars, daily drivers, and fail at being a tow vehicle, or a performance vehicle (Range decreases significantly if you are constantly on the throttle). These manus tried to market them as lifestyle vehicles, etc and that jig is up.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12696 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Dad’s new to him EV:

Posts: 11108 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prefontaine, that is the crux of the problem though. You are a sane man and recognize EV doesn’t suit everyone’s needs or perhaps is even feasible on that large scale. The government and its succubus money whores that benefit from the govt policies are forcing this on EVERYONE whether they like it or it’s feasible.

Of course you can say, well it works for me, and no one has an issue with that. What happens when the EPA regs force the rest of us to join the parade whether we want to or not?

This never has been an issue of individual choice. We all support individual choice. You can’t unwrap the MANDATE from the subject in this case because they are intertwined to a ridiculous level at this time.

My understanding is California is all EV sales by 2035. Not even sure how that is constitutional but there it is. New EPA standards aren’t far behind. No one is arguing against personal choice, what we are witnessing is about as far from personal choice as it can get.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post