SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lt CHEG is running for Sheriff! (www.stocklasforsheriff.com is now live)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lt CHEG is running for Sheriff! (www.stocklasforsheriff.com is now live) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you and God bless you for throwing your hat in the ring.

I'm from Rockland or I'd vote for you.

Posts: 4576 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Best of luck from the western end of the state. Around here we like our Sheriff's.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Your website will have information for donation via mailed check, ¿si? I prefer that for donations, rather than credit card.

I’m working on the details with my treasurer, but I certainly plan on accepting checks. I don’t have a P.O. Box yet, but once I’ve got it I’m sure I can just provide a P.O. Box to send donations to on the online form that I’m generating. I don’t think it will be an issue to just fill out the form with the required information and send it in. I certainly want to make things as easy as possible for anyone willing to support me. Thanks!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5575 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
That's great!!! Good luck

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update - all of my fundraising paperwork has been submitted, my donation processor is pending integration with my website, I’ve got a campaign only PO Box, and my website should be love by the end of the week. Let me tell you, they definitely don’t make it easy to jump through all the right hoops, but when I saw my nearly complete website today everything became so real to me. I’m filled with jitters and excitement at the same time and I’m thankful that I’m able to share this process here. I’ll make another update as soon as the website is live. Thank you all so much for the support and encouragement.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5575 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Good wishes for your election. I'm not in NY so can't give any help.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, as promised, my website is now live. Please visit www.stocklasforsheriff.com and let me know what you think.

The only glitch that I’ve noticed so far is that the verbiage I asked to include for check donations isn’t up. But if anyone is so inclined hit me up and I’ll send you my P.O. Box and let you know the information required by law. Hopefully I’ll have that addition taken care of soon.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Good luck, and be sure you have a seasoned campaign manager, buddy of mine ran for city council seat years ago here, he didn't get an experienced manager, they made up signs and left off a tiny little required printed line at the bottom, one nobody could read from walking by or driving by.

Of course the first thing that happened was he got a campaign violation reported on him by his competition, had to take down all his signs immediately, of course the violation was reported a week before voting so he wouldn't have time to replace them.

Pollytics can be brutal, so make sure you have a good knowledgable person on NY campaign rules...

Posts: 23368 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Great to hear that Lt CHEG and best wishes from Albany county!

Posts: 2582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Wishing you the best and a successful campaign.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked over the website and thought it was very well done. Good luck!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good luck, and be sure you have a seasoned campaign manager, buddy of mine ran for city council seat years ago here, he didn't get an experienced manager, they made up signs and left off a tiny little required printed line at the bottom, one nobody could read from walking by or driving by.

You don't need a manager, but you do need somebody who's familiar with the rules.

I see a disclaimer on the website that is is paid for by the candidate. We can do that here in Missouri so long as we spend less than $1,000 on the entire campaign AND do not accept donations (monetary on in-kind) in any amount from any third parties.

If we are spending more than $1,000 of our own money OR are accepting donations of any kind, we have to form a committee and file reports with the Missouri Ethics Commission.

Missteps can be costly and result in fines. If somebody is running against you and is familiar with the rules, don't doubt for one second that they'll nail you on it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for doing this CHEG. Running for any office isn't easy. I just made a contribution through your website. I'm hoping other SigForum members can do the same no matter how small. Running a campaign isn't cheap.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just tried to donate and it didn't work.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Donation sent and best of luck.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so much for the support, encouragement and donations. This forum really is the best!

It doesn’t come easy to me to ask others for help, but I realized quickly that this was not an undertaking that I can handle all by myself. I really, truly believe in what I’m trying to do, and I think I will do a great job if given the opportunity. It is not an exaggeration when I say that the final decision to run for office was influenced heavily by some of the conversations that I’ve observed and participate in right here.

Flashguy, I just checked my Anedote account and it looks like everything is running correctly now, perhaps there was a temporary glitch? If you care to try again, you should be able to, and if you still have problems let me know. If anyone wants to make a donation via check you can make a check out to, “Friends of Jason Stocklas,” and send it to P.O. Box 1556 Green Island, NY 12183. In accordance with campaign finance laws I would need to know the contributor’s name, occupation, and employer.

Again, please accept my heartfelt thanks for all the kind words, support and encouragement! Hopefully I can make SIGforum proud!

posted Hide Post
Great looking website. You look so serious in your photo, probably good for a sheriff candidate.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's a good photo. Like he's looking straight at the criminals with "I'm coming for you scumbags".

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Great web site. Thank you for your stance on executive overreach. I concur!

I will be donating.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

Again, please accept my heartfelt thanks for all the kind words, support and encouragement! Hopefully I can make SIGforum proud!

It has to be disgusting for Californians and New Yorkers to see their states trashed for the political dumpster fires they are. And if nobody cares enough to effect change, it won't get better. So even if I don't live remotely close, thanks for giving a damn and stepping up.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post