SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had to let my "beautiful girl" go today. Dog related.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had to let my "beautiful girl" go today. Dog related. Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your heartbreaking loss.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
vey sorry for your loss. It's hard to take even though you know when bringing a pet into your home it will eventually happen. Time will heal the pain, but like most, she will always be in your heart.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Always hate seeing these posts. My condolences, ORC. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Merlot will be waiting and ready to play.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolences and prayers sent. Those days are the toughest.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I know your pain.
My absolutely best buddy Bogey crossed September 4th at 3:00 pm. He was the most loving Golden I have ever owned or met. My Velcro Dog.

And now my allergies are acting up again…

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
So sorry.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My condolences, ORC Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Our 14 1/2yr old fur baby crossed the bridge on Oct 22,21 so I am sure that Harley was there to greet your fur baby and show her the ropes... Just remember that we will see all later. .......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1953 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Parker and Fox Sterlingworth (Worth), my labs, await her, on the other side. Each of us here knows the absolute love a dog gives, without expectation or price. They are one of God’s most selfless gifts to Man, and show us the way. These posts serve not only to help with our own grief, but to remind other’s of their own memorials to these amazing animals, and I thank you, both for the love you gave to yours, and the reminder of the love given to me by mine.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is hard. Prayers out.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I am truthfully so sorry….I was there his past June.. Blessings..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Our bud, Wendy, macie, Gretchen, and jacks, will keep you girl company while they wait for us to cross the bridge with us.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. That is a lot of great years from a best friend.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Post a picture of the beautiful girl ORC.

I got a soft spot for ACDs. They are my favorite.

I'm gonna be happy the girl got 17 years in a good home with a loving master. Every ending is sad but that is a positive story all around.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss, sir. We've got many friends on the other side to meet her.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Mine was the same age when she left me- those cattle dogs are long lived! My sympathies to you- mine was one of a kind. Never had another like her, and we still talk of her intelligence and antics. Keep your memories close.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences. I am very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss.

Been there more than a few times, and it never gets any easier.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post