SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Attention seeking gun toting moron on my morning run
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attention seeking gun toting moron on my morning run Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
So this is what you decide to do on the morning after a mass shooting? You strap on a GoPro and head to an Uptown Charlotte greenway carrying a rifle waving at liberal soccer moms and runners with a goofy smile on your face? Are you making a statement? Are you a provacteur? You attention seeking zero. You make us all look bad. I want to rip that 10/22 off your back and beat the stupid out of you with it.

Now I know that picture looks like he is in the woods where a rifle might not look out of place but he’s actually smack in the middle of the city. This picture was taken 200 yards down the trail in the direction he was heading.

Fucking moron

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
WOW

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
That is ballsy. It is also he right whether it's intelligent to do so or not.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:

My problem is with him intentionally trying to get attention. The fact that he is wearing a go pro and is going out his way to stop to wave at people and pet their dogs with a goofy smile on his stupid face in an effort to draw attention to himself tells me his is an asshole.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Been cooped up in his mom's basement playing video games for too long.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Where is the "Please Shoot Me" sign that should be taped on his back?

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It won't be his right, nor yours much longer, if he and other morons rub the public's face in our right to bear arms. Stop it. Just stop it.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I predict a meeting of facial tissue with concrete when the Charlotte cops arrive.

STUPID!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I don't agree with the guy at all if you didn't realize that. I live in Charlotte and have never open carried.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not ballsey, just stupid.

He may have a right but, it's obvious his life-skill development was stunted somewhere in childhood and what's left is an individual who's has no understanding of how to read a room.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't agree with the guy at all if you didn't realize that. I live in Charlotte and have never open carried.

I know it is his right but, like you, I think open carry is a bad idea; for a variety of reasons.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Some people collect cans from the trash to make a couple bucks. Some hope to capture video of the police violating their rights so they can file and get a real payday.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Just because you can...doesn’t mean you should..especially today..

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:

Amen Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sig4Eva, I'm sorry if I missed your opinion about this moron's conduct.

Here is the thing, responsible gun owners who want to keep these morons from inflaming the public have to shame them. We have to tell people who stuff their "right to bear arms" in the face of citizens who don't share our commitment. Responsible gun owners ought to hunker down, and use our voices with our elected representatives and not inflame the runners and soccer moms who will be listening to the media.

Already this morning, the gunman's weapons have been described as long range weapons, designed to inflict maximum destruction. All semi automatic guns will be "machine guns" just like his.

Assholes, like the one pictured will cause ambivalent, uninformed citizens to swing away from us, and that will be the beginning of the end.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:

A good rule to live by.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Not ballsey, just stupid.

He may have a right but, it's obvious his life-skill development was stunted somewhere in childhood and what's left is an individual who's has no understanding of how to read a room.

Yep my thought also.
"The STUPID is strong in this One"

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm up in Morganton, which is a LOT smaller, and I still don't open carry.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I posted earlier but deleted it so to be clear: did the guy have a GoPro too? or is all the outrage simply because he had a long arm on his back?

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I posted earlier but deleted it so to be clear: did the guy have a GoPro too? or is all the outrage simply because he had a long arm on his back?

Yeah as stated in both my posts he had a go pro clipped to his hat. Even if he didn’t it’s a stupid fucking move. On top of which he was going out of his way to interact with people.