SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now this is assimilation at its finest
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now this is assimilation at its finest Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Whenever one of our workers obtain their citizenship, there is a big party.

It's celebrated with all things American to symbolize their transformation. Hot dogs, cheeseburgers, American flags. They adopt an American name.

These people fucking HATE the communists and are not looking for ANY government handout.

They have started a trend of getting my Brunswick Stew recipe from a real American Southerner to get their start with assimilating. The Asian spices must not be used in any American cuisine prepared. They bring me these wonderful crunchy little egg rolls and amazing French beef stew with an Asian flair to it as the exchange. I've taught American BBQ, Southern potato salad, deviled eggs, fried catfish and the simpler things.

Then one day the men come to me. Several years after Mr. Hung EARNED his citizenship and worked with me countless hours with his English (they assume because I was a school teacher I could teach proper English) I had earned his trust, it was time for him to exercise his American citizen's right to buy a firearm.

They all knew about their supervisor and I going rat hunting together and me helping him get his permit and firearms.

Mr. Hung had seen my review videos and wanted the .22 rifle just like mine so we found locally and downloaded the form for him to fill out. I watched him fill it out and explained the questions. He said "why would ANYBODY ever denounce their citizenship when so many died for them to have it?"

Mr. Hung bought two more rifles and a handgun without my assistance a few weeks ago and now he is ready to start teaching others in the community.

You make differences in this world one person at a time. I do very much the same thing.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We need more like Mr. Hung.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I love this thread and seeing those inspirational videos. Cool

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I am all for legal immigration. They are doing their best to be part of our country.

Yep, same here.

Thanks to the OP for posting! Smile

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any contact info for Donald Chen and his NRA instructor business. I have a Friend that is interested.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I encourage all who love liberty to come legally and assimilate. All who love to oppress and be oppressed I encourage to leave.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
I found it interesting that they said the US was OK to own guns, but they were OK with guns being banned in China. Seems like a dichotomy to me.

Their reasoning was, as I understood it, that there are no guns in China now, so it's easy to keep it that way, but the genie is out of the bottle in the US, so better to allow legal ownership.

They didn't quite get the concept of defense (from others and an oppressive government) is a natural right.

Interesting cultural perspective.

No he missed it big time.
Totally disagree with his assertion about his original country.
Being a go-with-the-flow type is not what we are seeing in the others he was was with. Eek

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I came across this video a couple days ago. At 1:21,

"I start looking for a job when I come to Washington DC on the second day I come here. I don't want to be a burden on this society when I come."

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) If they have family in the hands of the Communists, they have to watch what they say.

B) Han, often, still support the party. I have Catonese friends, but even Han, who grew up here, and have parents who are staunchly anti Communist, can often get sucked into their NAZI bs.

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
So I’m not surprised about the praise for China’s gun control

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post