SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now this is assimilation at its finest
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now this is assimilation at its finest Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
From immigrant to good’ole boy in 3.5 years flat.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forward this to a friend in Plano.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Wonder why he picked Donald as his American name ? Wink

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Politics in an apolitical thread

Posts: 107635 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
<<<<<<<<<<< Smile

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Looks like Donald is living the American dream.

Posts: 5764 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 53200 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Fuckin A

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
"Sure I want more" Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those guys rock.

And Q, you're a trailblazer.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I found it interesting that they said the US was OK to own guns, but they were OK with guns being banned in China. Seems like a dichotomy to me.

Their reasoning was, as I understood it, that there are no guns in China now, so it's easy to keep it that way, but the genie is out of the bottle in the US, so better to allow legal ownership. They didn't quite get the concept of defense (from others and an oppressive government) is a natural right.

Interesting cultural perspective.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3301 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This fascinated me as well

Posts: 13130 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
I found it interesting that they said the US was OK to own guns, but they were OK with guns being banned in China. Seems like a dichotomy to me.

Their reasoning was, as I understood it, that there are no guns in China now, so it's easy to keep it that way, but the genie is out of the bottle in the US, so better to allow legal ownership. They didn't quite get the concept of defense (from others and an oppressive government) is a natural right.

Interesting cultural perspective.

I certainly don't agree with it, but I could see how they might arrive at that conclusion. The two businessmen that were talking about that are probably living pretty well in China and that may be a factor.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great story !

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Very good!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
It sounds like none of these guys are US Citizens. They are all E visa holders which deems them "distinguished foreign visitor" to the US and that is why they are allowed to possess firearms.

IIRC, they must invest at least $250,000 in a business in the US to qualify for the E visa. So these guys are rich Chinese playing the "non-"immigration system.

Posts: 11170 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
It sounds like none of these guys are US Citizens. They are all E visa holders which deems them "distinguished foreign visitor" to the US and that is why they are allowed to possess firearms.

IIRC, they must invest at least $250,000 in a business in the US to qualify for the E visa. So these guys are rich Chinese playing the "non-"immigration system.

One is a student who works on a ranch, One is a rancher who has his own business. At the least, the latter has hi GC.

I am all for legal immigration. They are doing their best to be part of our country.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure the guy who teaches Chinese visitors firearms is making a damn good living. Chinese come here to where I'm at and pay cash for homes that are $550,000. Some of them have money, lots of it. Then there are those who don't have a pot to piss in.

I bet those guys are more grateful to what our country offers than some people born here.

But this is how it should be, you don't go somewhere else to change it to be like where you came from. If where you came from was so great, why did you leave?

Posts: 13130 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Whenever one of our workers obtain their citizenship, there is a big party.

It's celebrated with all things American to symbolize their transformation. Hot dogs, cheeseburgers, American flags. They adopt an American name.

These people fucking HATE the communists and are not looking for ANY government handout.

They have started a trend of getting my Brunswick Stew recipe from a real American Southerner to get their start with assimilating. The Asian spices must not be used in any American cuisine prepared. They bring me these wonderful crunchy little egg rolls and amazing French beef stew with an Asian flair to it as the exchange. I've taught American BBQ, Southern potato salad, deviled eggs, fried catfish and the simpler things.

Then one day the men come to me. Several years after Mr. Hung EARNED his citizenship and worked with me countless hours with his English (they assume because I was a school teacher I could teach proper English) I had earned his trust, it was time for him to exercise his American citizen's right to buy a firearm.

They all knew about their supervisor and I going rat hunting together and me helping him get his permit and firearms.

Mr. Hung had seen my review videos and wanted the .22 rifle just like mine so we found locally and downloaded the form for him to fill out. I watched him fill it out and explained the questions. He said "why would ANYBODY ever denounce their citizenship when so many died for them to have it?"

Mr. Hung bought two more rifles and a handgun without my assistance a few weeks ago and now he is ready to start teaching others in the community.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post