SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Couple seeks court's help to evict 30-year-old son from their home
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple seeks court's help to evict 30-year-old son from their home Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is hillaruous.

Sadly, the judge sided with the parent and kicked his ass out. They raised him, he should remain on their payroll. Now that he’s out, we’ll be picking up the tab for the dipshit.

I agree with what someone else said, we’ll see this guy in the news again at some point.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
I'm betting the son will go bonkers as he won't accept the judge's ruling, will do something awful and then get free board and room in something called 'PRISON'!

At 30 he's a complete and utter ruin with his parents to blame for his being stuck in a permanent sad sack, adolescent life.

I know another couple who let their mid 40's son live with them. He finally moved out, but couldn't handle life and ultimately committed suicide. He was my BIL.

That may also be this guy's alternative fate.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
The saddest part is that this guy actually has a son.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently Judge Greenwood didn't want to hear about that 6 month garbage. It can be a crime to change the locks on your own house ? Can you provide the relevant criminal code section ? You couldn't even get convicted of that in Berkely. Let the kid file his criminal complaint, ask Judge Greenwood for the court to order dad to provide kid a key, see what the good judge says about that. I am sure the state attorney would be delighted to use resources prosecuting this crime.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
You have no clue about NYS law. Once someone has been living in a residence for thirty days, they are no longer considered a guest. They are legally a resident (month to month.) If the owner wants them out, the ONLY way to get the resident out is to file for an eviction. In a situation where there is no lease, the eviction will likely be granted. But the process itself takes a while, and the judges tend to be pro-tenant, so they likely will give the tenant a few months to leave.

Figure from the time the process is started, until the deadbeat can be forced out, it will take a minimum of six months.

Doing anything (changing locks, etc.) is a crime, and if they owner doesn't allow the deadbeat back in, the owner will be arrested. This is not a civil issue, it is a criminal one.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott in NCal:
I've had rentals, in California, since 1989. Dad is stupid. The son is a guest, he may reside there, but he is not a tennant. If this ever goes to court the son could show no lease or rental agreement, no history of paying rent or anything else that would grant him tennant rights. Unless the idiot dad started eviction process, in effect granting or recognizing tennant rights. What to do, when he is gone throw his stuff out and change the locks. If he trys to break in call the police and say you want to file a complaint. The police will probable going to say you have to let him in, they are wrong and don't want him on the streets becoming there problems. There is nothing the police could arrest dad for, no misdemeanor or felony act was committed. It is a civil matter. Let kid hire a lawyer and sue dad. Kid dosent have the money to pay for the lawyer, and kid will realize that any money spent on a lawyer would be better spent renting a room someplace. Even if kid sues there is no contract, no breach of any agreement, no promise made or consideration given. No way for kid to win anything. So, dad, just throw the bum out and change the locks. I am curious if any of the lawyers on this site would represent the son if dad did this ?

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This is the NYC version. I'll see if I can find something statewide.

http://tenant.net/Rights/illevict/illevict.html

Note that the parents did not just try to kick the kid out. They did go to court and file for an eviction. Maybe this is because they went to their lawyer who told them what the law was, and how they had to proceed. As far as it taking three months, not six, maybe the upstate judges are less tenant friendly then those in NYC.

quote:
Apparently Judge Greenwood didn't want to hear about that 6 month garbage. It can be a crime to change the locks on your own house ? Can you provide the relevant criminal code section ? You couldn't even get convicted of that in Berkely. Let the kid file his criminal complaint, ask Judge Greenwood for the court to order dad to provide kid a key, see what the good judge says about that. I am sure the state attorney would be delighted to use resources prosecuting this crime.

quote:
You have no clue about NYS law. Once someone has been living in a residence for thirty days, they are no longer considered a guest. They are legally a resident (month to month.) If the owner wants them out, the ONLY way to get the resident out is to file for an eviction. In a situation where there is no lease, the eviction will likely be granted. But the process itself takes a while, and the judges tend to be pro-tenant, so they likely will give the tenant a few months to leave.

Figure from the time the process is started, until the deadbeat can be forced out, it will take a minimum of six months.

Doing anything (changing locks, etc.) is a crime, and if they owner doesn't allow the deadbeat back in, the owner will be arrested. This is not a civil issue, it is a criminal one.

quote:
I've had rentals, in California, since 1989. Dad is stupid. The son is a guest, he may reside there, but he is not a tennant. If this ever goes to court the son could show no lease or rental agreement, no history of paying rent or anything else that would grant him tennant rights. Unless the idiot dad started eviction process, in effect granting or recognizing tennant rights. What to do, when he is gone throw his stuff out and change the locks. If he trys to break in call the police and say you want to file a complaint. The police will probable going to say you have to let him in, they are wrong and don't want him on the streets becoming there problems. There is nothing the police could arrest dad for, no misdemeanor or felony act was committed. It is a civil matter. Let kid hire a lawyer and sue dad. Kid dosent have the money to pay for the lawyer, and kid will realize that any money spent on a lawyer would be better spent renting a room someplace. Even if kid sues there is no contract, no breach of any agreement, no promise made or consideration given. No way for kid to win anything. So, dad, just throw the bum out and change the locks. I am curious if any of the lawyers on this site would represent the son if dad did this ?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realize this is settled, and mom and dad made this mess, but it could have gone so much smoother. 1 Mom and Dad quit buying groceries. Let the cupboard go bare. 2. Mom and Dad start the practice of going butt naked all day every day while at home.
A few days of going hungry and your dad walking around with his junk flopping around would drive off the most spoiled and stubborn I would think. It would be better to be homeless than deal with that.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Article has been updated. This loser has to get out. The balls on this loser! He's "outraged"? He needs a tuneup.

quote:
A 30-year-old man was outraged Tuesday when a judge ordered him to vacate his parents' home. The order came after a monthslong effort by the couple to get him to leave their New York residence.

Michael Rotondo appeared in court for 30 minutes Tuesday after his parents, Christina and Mark Rotondo, filed a petition in the Supreme Court of New York State claiming they’ve had enough of their son living under their roof, Syracuse.com reported.

State Supreme Court Justice Donald Greenwood praised the son for doing his legal research and citing a “common law requirement” that required family members to give a six-month notice before eviction.

However, Greenwood called it a simple internet search and said the six-month demand was “outrageous.” Michael, in turn, called the eviction order “outrageous.” He continued to slam the judge’s order outside the courtroom, the report stated.
Who paid for that suit you're wearing, junior?

What I want to know is did The Mom iron Juniors suit before the court hearing?

Posts: 3148 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I hate CNN as much as anyone, but I'll watch them just to see this interview.

nice!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

nice!

Wonder if he has filed for Welfare yet.

I read somewhere one of his arguments was "They told me I could live there when I lost my job, 8 years ago".

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zimman20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
I realize this is settled, and mom and dad made this mess, but it could have gone so much smoother. 1 Mom and Dad quit buying groceries. Let the cupboard go bare. 2. Mom and Dad start the practice of going butt naked all day every day while at home.
A few days of going hungry and your dad walking around with his junk flopping around would drive off the most spoiled and stubborn I would think. It would be better to be homeless than deal with that.

And if the room he was staying in has a door - remove it! Nothing like the complete loss of privacy to remind you of your station and motivate you to better it.... Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------
zman

P229 SAS
Sig 1911 STX

Posts: 936 | Location: Stanley, NC | Registered: September 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears he is suing Best Buy because they fired him for not working Saturdays. https://nypost.com/2018/05/22/...-out-of-their-house/

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is getting interesting. I read the link. It is a marketing effort by some lawyer describing NYC Police policy 117-11. It indicated the purpose of the policy was due to illegal tennant evictions. Also a policy is a guidance document, not the law. So I looked up NYC PD policy 117-11. An illegal eviction is a misdemeanor. That is found in NYC Admin code 26-251. However tennant and resident are used seemingly used
interchangeably. It refers us NYC Housing Maintenance Code 27 2004. Here also tennant-resident get mixed use. However, this clearly introduces and regulates type A and type B mulifamily residential units. This clearly discusses tennants, rents , rental and lease agreements, and landlords. Although private dwellings are vaguely defined, it is not clear if they are , or how they are regulated. What is clear is they are not type A or B multifamily units. Units that are clearly regulated. This happened in a single family owner occupied dwelling. No evidence of rents, agreements,tennant rights, anything of the sort. State law is clear the kid would have no standing to bring claim against his parents. This didn't happen in NYC but let's assume it did. So the criminal standard is to prove beyond a reasonable doubt a crime occurred. That crime an illegal election. As with any one accused of a crime , they get a jury trial. Police Policy 117-1, NYC Admin code 26-521 and Housing Maintenance Code 27 2004 are confusing, conflicting, vague and conflict with state law on this matter. For the states expert to describe, beyond a reasonable doubt, that a crime was committed when mom and dad tossed a ablebody freeloading adult son out , then survive cross examination and convincing a jury in the process seems a daunting task. I don't like NY gun laws but I have meet many New Yorkers, none have been fools.

quote:
This is the NYC version. I'll see if I can find something statewide.

http://tenant.net/Rights/illevict/illevict.html

Note that the parents did not just try to kick the kid out. They did go to court and file for an eviction. Maybe this is because they went to their lawyer who told them what the law was, and how they had to proceed. As far as it taking three months, not six, maybe the upstate judges are less tenant friendly then those in NYC.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

nice!

Even the CNN interviewer seems to think he's a loser:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Despicable POS.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Do you have a job?"

"Uhhh...no"

Lazy POS

I recommend military service. The first thing they should do is shave that lazy fool bald.

I can see the headlines now "US Army goes to court to evict 31 year old recruit from barracks"

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Do you have a job?"

"Uhhh...no"

"Do you want to reconcile with your parents?"

"Uhhh.....no"

{Parents high-five and pop cork!}

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Clueless. This douche bag has no idea that he owes EVERYTHING to the people who gave him life. Forget about the house. This fool onlys exists because of his parents, and this is how he behaves. He needs to have the ever-lovin' shit stomped out of him.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That CNN interview was painfully awkward.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I give it 2 days before someone starts a GoFundMe page for this doofus. Thank goodness para crushed the Astley BS or someone would already have baited a link to one directing there!