SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm auditioning for a band in a couple weeks.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm auditioning for a band in a couple weeks. Login/Join 
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!

From what you posted, to me it seems the band is out playing the singer...

Have a blast with it. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Really fine playing! I like how you brought the recorded song forward, playing it closely to the original recording. Songs like these are owned by the audience, and I think you have to play them as they expect them to sound. Very challenging, given the instrument, the pickups, and the pedals. You were exceptional. Hope you enjoy playing in this band. Once you are in, you begin to learn more about the people and the personalities. Hopefully the band is a safe space in which to play.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Sounds great Mark!

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
ok I have not been playing close attention. Which dude are you?
The goofy guy with the blue shirt and red Stratocaster.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Where do you plan on performing?

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Thank you. Where do you plan on performing?
I haven't done this for so long that I'm going to leave it up to the other guys with experience.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
You sound great!

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
They’re lucky to have you. Great job.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
WOW! That man can play! Way to go, Mark.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't done this for so long that I'm going to leave it up to the other guys with experience.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Be sure and let us know and post a video.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I regret to report that the band has let me go. I tried to make it clear from the very first day that there are days that I cannot play and exactly what those days are. A gig was planned on one of those days. I shouldn't even mention the fact that the gig was accepted after the band playing exactly one time together and only having 4 songs decided upon. :shrug:

I do want to be clear that the problem was my fault. I don't blame them and still consider them all friends.

On the upside, I sat down and learned songs the whole way through for the first time in many, many years. I very much enjoy it. I should continue.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it, Mark. Hopefully you can find another opportunity!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That's a bummer. Any plans to keep looking for guys to play with?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
That's a bummer. Any plans to keep looking for guys to play with?
I’m not so sure. It feels like a total relief.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Sorry to hear it, Mark. Hopefully you can find another opportunity!
It’s no biggie. If they fired me because I stink at playing then I’d be sad. Big Grin I just wasn’t a good fit for them.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they were unable to respect their members and had faster ambitions than their capabilities. A bad formula that would reveal itself at some point.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Sounds like they were unable to respect their members and had faster ambitions than their capabilities. A bad formula that would reveal itself at some point.
That seems to be a good observation. They were pretty big in the area before and were overly excited to get back out there. I'm not sure that it was lack of respect. Probably more like a misunderstanding of my position on the scheduling. Surely, had I not nipped it quickly, the problems would have compounded.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
You sound great Mark. Nice work. Try to find another group.
I found an cool website called "bandmix.com". Individuals can search for bands. Bands can look for individual musicians.

I'm a 66 y.o. drummer. I'm looking for a band to play with. I've been playing for years with people that I used to work with. They still work and it's like herding cats to get them together.

I understand that guitar amps can be heavy. However, as a drummer with no Roadies, it's hard to sympathize. Big Grin

Keep Jammin'

Posts: 527 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lunasee:
… it's like herding cats to get them together. …
That’s exactly correct. Big Grin