SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm auditioning for a band in a couple weeks.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm auditioning for a band in a couple weeks. Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
For practicing and jamming with buddies I play a Splawn half stack. For gigging it's a Boss GT100 with a Diezel VH-4 pre-amp pedal to FOH.
They don't pay me enough to cover the hernia operation I'd need to lug my tube rig.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
... I'm not sure why the Vox is so heavy.
It's probably the two Celestion Alnico Blue speakers.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
They don't pay me enough to cover the hernia operation I'd need to lug my tube rig.

I've had the hernia, and the surgery. I can't recommend it. I still play heavy amps, and the last few times I had to move one around I started thinking it wasn't such a hot idea.

quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
It's probably the two Celestion Alnico Blue speakers.

I just looked it up and Celestion says they're 9.3lbs. I dunno, maybe Vox uses a denser solid wood or something.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you happen to find yourself needing someone on cow bell,
I have every other Friday afternoon available .
I can bring my own cow bell .
Wink

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54641 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Wink
Don't Fear the Reaper isn't on our set list. Yet.

I may try to get them to add "Shoot You in the Back" so if you play the Vibraslap ... I think they hit it about as often as the cowbell in Don't Fear the Reaper. Big Grin

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Wink

Wink

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honky tonk woman ?
Low rider by War?
Born in the bayoo ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54641 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My instrument is larynx, and I'm not a soloist--i.e., I sing in choruses and choirs. Three years go at age ca. 75 I auditioned into the highest-level chorus I've ever been in. We sing with the San Diego Symphony. I was over the moon to get in, and likely the pinnacle of my "vocal career"--snicker--was singing the Verdi Requiem at the beginning of October.

So don't let age hold you back!

Best of luck Mark.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
The audition is tonight. Marky is going with me.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wear a top hat, a wig, play Sweet Child o’ Mind, and you’re bound to get the gig.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
"Mississippi Queen" is a good tune. Break a leg, Mark.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just have fun with it, Mark

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Wear a top hat, a wig, play Sweet Child o’ Mind, and you’re bound to get the gig.
Eugh! If there's one band I hate ...

Looks like I'm in the band. Now I have to practice and stuff.

Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
We picked 4 songs over email and I'm practicing again. It seems a lot harder to figure out songs than it used to be.

Wish me luck, I seriously must be completely nuts.

Mark, I'm 65, recording my 3rd album this Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm a singer/songwriter, I have written songs for rock, jazz, Americana, country - even a samba. I have no specific genre. I play alone, no band, but have to get session players on my albums. I don't perform because I'm not going to play Peaceful Easy Feeling one more time in this life. I'll only play my own songs for the most part, but make an exception for some John Prine and Nanci Griffith. I'm happy doing what I do, no fame, no fortune. I play for family and friendsm but most of all for myself. Best of luck to you. People love to hear the songs they know played LIVE, so it's cool. I just don't have it in my anymore to do that! (Oh, and I go to bed around 9:30....)

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nailed it, man! Cutting right through the mix with a good tone that isn't shrill and icepicky. Smile

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Well done mark123!

Did you have fun?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those Lollars really do make a difference. They're so well balanced. I'm not sure I can get a bad tone if I tried.

Thanks fellas. I really did have fun. No jitters or anything like that.

posted Hide Post
ok I have not been playing close attention. Which dude are you?

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post