SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A story about my dad...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A story about my dad... Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome example of people seeking freedom and an awesome story of your family.
If I may ask, when did you arrive in the U.S.?

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Great story!
I wonder if the story on how your father got the diamonds is as interesting.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I’m at a loss for words.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
May God Bless your Dad and may he beat the BEAST. Prayer said. John.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wow, thank you for sharing that story with us. Funny, touching, and inspiring.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
David, thank you for sharing your incredible journey. Your Father sounds like an amazing man. I am sure he is proud of you!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, David. I'm glad your dad is well.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Your young boys must think Grandpa is a superhero. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Great story David. Apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your Dad's story. What a great man!

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing about your Dad! Awesome story and history!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
What an amazing story, Dave. Your whole family is a brave bunch of folks for surviving all those years....

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Human perseverance!

May God bless your father, and his family.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
What a story!
Thanks.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
So many stories of what people went through. I think it was late 70s or early 80s when the Navy ship I was on picked up a boatful of Vietnamese. We did have to throw out the drugs that a couple of them were carrying. They were planning to use it to start their new life much like you did with those diamonds.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Wow!

I think it’s time for an updated CUT:

Diamond Smuggler

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I knew there had to be a good reason you’re a man of good character. Thanks for sharing the story that is the Genesis of your family’s citizenship. I’m glad your family made it out. Truly.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A mule at age 4. That’s awesome.

God bless your family for making it to America.

Posts: 4766 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great story. Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing....our country is a better place because of people like your father.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 726 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post