SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 518 519 520 521 522 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...hut-down-government/

An expansive amnesty plan for millions of illegal aliens, being led by Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and his Democrat and Republican establishment allies, would annually give U.S. citizenship to 25,000 foreigners with Temporary Protected Status (TPS).

The Gang of Six amnesty plan is being pushed by Flake , Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO), Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO), and Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ). The pro-open borders Senators want to see the amnesty slipped into a spending bill that would fund the federal government, threatening a shutdown if it is not included.

Under the Gang of Six amnesty, at least 3.5 million illegal aliens who are eligible and enrolled in the President Obama-created Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) would be given amnesty, along with their parents who originally brought them to the country illegally.

On top of the amnesty for DACA-enrolled and DACA-eligible illegal aliens, the Gang of Six plan would annually provide amnesty to 25,000 foreign nationals currently or previously in the U.S. on the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) program.

TPS is a federal program that allows foreign nationals from specific countries that have been devastated, usually by natural disasters, to have a temporary stay in the U.S. until their native country is revived. Until the Trump administration, TPS programs for countries like Haiti and El Salvador were regularly extended, with the program becoming a quasi-amnesty for foreign nationals.

The Gang of Six amnesty would gradually allow all of those foreign nationals on TPS to permanently stay in the U.S., despite the program never being intended to keep foreign populations in the country.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I would rather shut down the government than cut the countries throat with DACA amnesty.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
The only sort of compromise I would be willing to accept would be one that would grant permanent resident status to people brought to the US before the age of 12, with no criminal record of any sort, with a permanent ineligibility for citizenship and welfare programs of any sort. You want to live here and pay taxes and contribute? Sure. You will never get to vote, and you will never collect any sort of welfare or public assistance. Either that or you head home.

Posts: 3652 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Before the lock...let me say a big thank you to the American men and women that swam against the media tide and worked hard and went to the poles and voted our President into office...this wasn't supposed to happen (according to the pollsters and the MSM)...but due to you/us we now have a chance to MAGA under PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP!!!...

Again, THANK YOU AMERICA for not only keeping that arrogant bitch out of the Office of President...but placing a man there that has the balls and the intellect to make this nation great again...think what the next 7 years will bring!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
What a ride this has been!

Posts: 6350 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Well the government is shut down. I guess the most pressing question I have now is, how do we keep it this way?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Well the government is shut down. I guess the most pressing question I have now is, how do we keep it this way?

No kidding.

The truth of it is that no less than 75% of the government will keep chugging along as normal. I'd say a good goal would be to get that number down to around 50% as a start.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
HAPPY MAGA ANNIVERSARY!!!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1362 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
God bless our president.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The republicans better get in front of every camera they can in the next few days and remind the American people that the shutdown is due to the democrats caring more about illegals than Americans. The leftist media is going to go hard to twist this, the republicans need to keep pressing the real reasons. Turmp should address the nationa also. Tweets are good, but the media can't ignore an address from the oval office.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
God or destiny has blessed America.

Posts: 7435 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
For all you starry eyed dreamers. All the best and brightest who came here illegally and are waiting for your naturalization into the country be handed to you by Chuck Schumer.

Why wait? Stop dreamin' and get busy!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8499 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
How to eliminate illegals. Let Schmuck Schumer advocate for you.
Time for a Bounty on these Illegals and Daca's (No, They are not Children)

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8315 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The republicans better get in front of every camera they can in the next few days and remind the American people that the shutdown is due to the democrats caring more about illegals than Americans. The leftist media is going to go hard to twist this, the republicans need to keep pressing the real reasons. Turmp should address the nationa also. Tweets are good, but the media can't ignore an address from the oval office.

The State of the Uniom address is tonight. It should be fun to watch.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s to next year! May God bless the United States of America.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:

The State of the Uniom address is tonight. It should be fun to watch.

It is? I don't think it's tonight.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the State of the Union is Jan 30th. It would of been too rich to hand Trump the Bully Pulpit the day the Government shut down.

I find it amazing to have this man leading our country at this critical time. We are truly blessed.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13385 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The Dems know that the MSM will join them in force in blaming the republicans and hope that is all that is needed for the upcoming election. Just more of the same. Roll Eyes

I just saw McCaskill voted "yes". They had enough repubs voting no so they didn't need her vote. She is in for a rough ride in the coming election in Missouri so they must figure this will help her. It won't.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5023 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I would rather shut down the government than cut the countries throat with DACA amnesty.

Same here.

What we do not need is millions more on the gubbermint tit.

At some point the total number of those on that gubbermint tit will out number those paying for all that free shit.

And, IMO, we are about there.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, the last time amnesty was granted, an I-245 (Adjustment of Status) cost $1,500.00. That was way back in the 90s.

Problem with DACA is chain migration. You provide a path to citizenship, the relatives also benefit when they get there.

But if we stick with an I-245 for DACA only, I'm sure they will come up with, at least, a $10,000.00 filing fee. And a long waiting period.

Say, 800,000 X 10,000 = $8,000,000,000. And don't hire extra hands for processing.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post