SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a good move

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...-tom-cotton-approve/

President Trump will not sign off on any deals related to immigration without the approval of pro-American immigration reformers Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR).

According to CNN reporter Dierdre Walsh, Meadows confirmed that Trump has entrusted himself and Cotton for their blessing of any immigration deals that are brokered between the president, Democrats, and the Republican establishment.

and

http://www.breitbart.com/2018-...-big-loser-shutdown/

A CNN poll shows that the Democrats’ push for amnesty is the big loser in the government shutdown fight — and likely will hurt Democrats in the 2018 midterm elections.

56% overall say approving a budget agreement to avoid a shutdown is more important than continuing the DACA program, while just 34% choose DACA over a shutdown.

Democrats break narrowly in favor of DACA — 49% say it’s more important vs. 42% who say avoiding a shutdown is the priority — while majorities of both Republicans (75%) and independents (57%) say avoiding a shutdown is more important.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:
The last year has shown unequivocally why the the D.C. establishment ruling class has fought so hard against Trump since he secured the nomination. They recognized that their duplicity and corruption would be exposed for the world to see and they will go down... that water is getting deep. Wink

The energy they've expended attempting a coup without firing a shot, indicates the depth of their crimes and their fear of the new sheriff.

Funny we haven't heard a peep out of Hadji or Mrs. Clinton in awhile.

Wonder why?

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Well, life sometimes teaches one that one can be very wrong.
I was wrong to support Ted Cruz, I didn't believe that Trump was a real conservative. ...

I had similar feelings. I'm all about action vs. talk. I don't care what someone says, I care what they do. Good example; Hillary talking all the right words about women's rights and how they should be believed when her husband groped and raped them and she trashed their reputations. Trump may have said to grab 'em by the "P" yet we have no evidence he ever did actions like that, plenty of evidence he has hired women into very powerful positions and paid them tons 'o cash.

Until he was sworn in, Trump hadn't done anything politically so I had no way of evaluating what he would actually do in office aside from "hope" and he's not Hillary.

The way he has stuck to his word is staggering (in a good way of course!) He has kept every campaign promise even remotely withing his control...if it weren't for the spineless RINOs, he'd have kept them all (and there's still time, it's only year 1).

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We will have shutdown. Vote that needed 60 in senate, didn't get it.

Several REPs voted no. Graham, Flake, Rand Paul, and Mike Lee.

5 DEMs votes yes. McCaskill, Donnelly, Manchin, Heitkamp, Doug Jones (AL)

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Several REPs voted no. Graham, Flake, Rand Paul, and I think Mike Lee.

So what was their problem?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Rand Paul??

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

It's pretty but sadly, for some reason, people think percentages of color means the percentage of the vote won or some other nonesense.

Displays like that are meaningless in any context attributed to political discussion and it carries no forceful weight whatsoever explaining the popular or electoral college numbers.

Pick a county in say, Wyoming with lots of wide open space and large counties in general. If Trump won a geographicaly large county but only by a couple of votes it means nothing if Hillary won an adjacent county by a lot of votes. Big red county and small blue county but it means nothing.

We don't declare election winners based on geography.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

It's pretty but sadly, for some reason, people think percentages of color means the percentage of the vote won or some other nonesense.

Displays like that are meaningless in any context attributed to political discussion and it carries no forceful weight whatsoever explaining the popular or electoral college numbers.

Pick a county in say, Wyoming with lots of wide open space and large counties in general. If Trump won a geographicaly large county but only by a couple of votes it means nothing if Hillary won an adjacent county by a lot of votes. Big red county and small blue county but it means nothing.

Yes, yes, we already know that people and places that voted Democrat are dense.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.thenewamerican.com...d-government-funding

Graham said he is opposed to the short-term spending bill, also known as a continuing resolution or CR, because he wants more military spending and an immigration deal, which is basically what Democrats are also looking for.

“I’m not going to vote for a CR,” Graham told reporters on January 17. “I want to be fair to the DACA population. I want to begin to fix a broken immigration system. But above all else I want to rebuild the military that’s in a great decline.... And there is no way in the world to fix this problem without dealing with the DACA issue.”

Flake is, for all practical purposes, in the Democrats’ corner.

Rand Paul:

Well, you know, I think government spends too much money. Our debt this year or our deficit this year will be close to $800 billion.

Next year, it’s projected to be a trillion. So, for decades now, you have heard of Congress putting spending caps in place, self-imposed rules to try to get spending under control.

So, really, if we say we’re fiscally conservative, we ought to be fiscally conservative. So I’m just not voting to exceed the spending caps, and I’m not voting for $700 billion deficits annually.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

Jesus Christ, why are telling us this as if we don't know it? Don't be a freakin' party pooper, man. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
the dems still dont get it

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Report This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Rand Paul??

Rand basically said he won't vote for increased spending period. " Republicans say they want to cut domestic spending, but they won’t because they’ve made a deal with the Democrats — if Democrats vote to raise military spending, Republicans will vote to raise domestic spending. The dirty little secret is that all spending goes up, all the time, and both parties are to blame."

Also...

"If the GOP insists on exceeding the budget caps by over $100 billion in new military spending, it is hard to argue that the Republican Party really cares about the debt."

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Well I can't argue with that ... at some point we have to take responsibility for the over spending.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Shutdown!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
And so it goes

Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
A Trump shutdown! House minority leader is saying. The Dems love this. Hopefully the American people can see what's really going on and have long term memory. Especially the President's base.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
The Dems love this.
In that case, they're even stupider than I thought.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
The Dems love this.
In that case, they're even stupider than I thought.
Unfortunately, so are a lot of Democrat voters.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post