SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Re quote: 'We'll hang'

Snopes equivocates and says it's false because they can't prove it's true, Reddit reports it and there once upon a time a Live Leak vid that is no longer available.
There's another ton of specious internet as well. I can't prove she made the statement.

Want me to take it down?

Posts: 6350 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
Re quote: 'We'll hang'

Snopes equivocates and says it's false because they can't prove it's true, Reddit reports it and there once upon a time a Live Leak vid that is no longer available.
There's another ton of specious internet as well. I can't prove she made the statement.

Want me to take it down?

I don’t know if she made the statement or not, but it would make a lot of people’s day if they did all hang. Personally, I’ll be thrilled if they just get tossed out of their jobs, found guilty of treason, and put in prison the rest of their natural lives...

Posts: 6864 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t know if she made the statement or not, but it would make a lot of people’s day if they did all hang. Personally, I’ll be thrilled if they just get tossed out of their jobs, found guilty of treason, and put in prison the rest of their natural lives...

Agree with you, sir.

It would save a whole lot of money if we just spend a little on some rope.

I will gladly tie the knots !

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I think it would be a natural thing for someone to make up, because it is so obviously the case that the path of in-your-face corruption that they went down depended on her election to save them from having to account for their crimes.

Swamp is the perfect metaphor to describe Washington because both are filled with deadly, slithering creatures of all sorts. The corruption that is coming to light involves Democrats, Republicans, Obama, Hillary, the FBI, CIA, ATF, IRS-- virtually every governmental agency-- along with the main stream media.

For a long time I could not understand the astonishing magnitude of the attacks on Trump-- they came from every angle! Nonstop!

Now it is clear.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
2nd year? CANNOT WAIT!

Posts: 7517 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:

Agree with you, sir.

It would save a whole lot of money if we just spend a little on some rope.

I will gladly tie the knots !

Hell, I will furnish the rope!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Want me to take it down?
No. If Snopes denies it, it's probably true.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Want me to take it down?
No. If Snopes denies it, it's probably true.

Got it, sorry for the extra management required.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
By the way everyone, Happy National Popcorn Day

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I am so thankful for this past year with President Trump. I can feel America changing back to a better more gentle time. It is still going to be a battle but I know we and He are up to it. We need to make sure all of us who voted him in, go to the poles this year and 2020 to cement our chance to truly fundamentally "Make America Great Again". I smell Freedom and Saneness in the breeze and there is a song in my heart and on my lips. It's feels good again to be an American and be proud of our President and his accomplishments.

Posts: 4402 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Some DEM senators say they will vote for the CR bill.

Manchin, Donnelly, Heitkamp

Unfortunately REPs probably need about 10 DEMs to support it.

vote scheduled for 10pm tonight

Schumer might pay a high price if he kills the bill.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Some DEM senators say they will vote for the CR bill.

Manchin, Donnelly, Heitkamp

Unfortunately REPs probably need about 10 DEMs to support it.

vote scheduled for 10pm tonight

Schumer might pay a high price if he kills the bill.

There will be permissions to vote for the CR to those who most need it for re-election purposes, as long as the God Damned Commies still prevail.

Nobody votes their principles these days. You vote what your leader wants, with election considerations allowed where possible.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I think that for items such as this, filibuster should be eliminated. I don't say this lightly.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm thankful for a lot of things that Tump won. He has delivered and acted on things that no Republican President could have done because of his "don't give a shit" attitude. And, also, apparently, he aims to be true to his word.

The icing on the cake for me is how the liberals are all being made hysterical. Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business.

That phrase is worth repeating. Mind if I add that to my tag line?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Well, life sometimes teaches one that one can be very wrong.
I was wrong to support Ted Cruz, I didn't believe that Trump was a real conservative. I learned a lot at the convention in Cleveland that changed my mind.

He and his administration have done far more to advance the conservative cause than anyone since Reagan, and in some ways he has even gone beyond Reagan, perhaps because the Dems are not in the majority in Congress.

The country is in desperate straits, as the Left has destroyed everything it has gotten its hand on, and that is most of the powerful culture- and opinion-shaping institutions in the country. They are fighting this to the death. Truth, patriotism, constitutional government mean nothing to the Left, and by that I include virtually every Democrat in public office in the United States, as far as I can see.

There is no alternative to continued victory. "Victory or Death" was the password when Washington crossed the Delaware. He risked everything on that Christmas.

Who would have thought when we oldsters were young that the Soviet Union would be dead, and we would still be eaten by Commie worms from the inside?

Posts: 18004 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I wish I had thought ahead and brought my red MAGA hat out with me to sea this time. I would've worn it tomorrow to commemorate a singularly fantastic year.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Well, life sometimes teaches one that one can be very wrong.
I was wrong to support Ted Cruz, I didn't believe that Trump was a real conservative. I learned a lot at the convention in Cleveland that changed my mind.

He and his administration have done far more to advance the conservative cause than anyone since Reagan, and in some ways he has even gone beyond Reagan, perhaps because the Dems are not in the majority in Congress.

The country is in desperate straits, as the Left has destroyed everything it has gotten its hand on, and that is most of the powerful culture- and opinion-shaping institutions in the country. They are fighting this to the death. Truth, patriotism, constitutional government mean nothing to the Left, and by that I include virtually every Democrat in public office in the United States, as far as I can see.

There is no alternative to continued victory. "Victory or Death" was the password when Washington crossed the Delaware. He risked everything on that Christmas.

Who would have thought when we oldsters were young that the Soviet Union would be dead, and we would still be eaten by Commie worms from the inside?

^^ Excellent post.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
The last year has shown unequivocally why the the D.C. establishment ruling class has fought so hard against Trump since he secured the nomination. They recognized that their duplicity and corruption would be exposed for the world to see and they will go down... that water is getting deep. Wink

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parallel:
The last year has shown unequivocally why the the D.C. establishment ruling class has fought so hard against Trump since he secured the nomination. They recognized that their duplicity and corruption would be exposed for the world to see and they will go down... that water is getting deep. Wink

The energy they've expended attempting a coup without firing a shot, indicates the depth of their crimes and their fear of the new sheriff.

Posts: 7435 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post