SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'll be kind of disappointed if it turns out that PDT *didn't* refer to those shitholes as shitholes. I'm all in with the term, having visited some of the paradises in question.

I'll stick with my original position: A truth in crude language is still true, and an urbane lie is still a despicable lie.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Acosta: "I have never encountered that before."

Damn straight! Razz. Big Grin

Get used to it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Acosta tweeted after being forced out that staff were yelling at him:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01...rter-in-oval-office/
Perhaps he should have encountered it before.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
As a reporter, I'd expect him to have better grammatical skills than shown in his poor tweet.

Where is "Roosevelt Room of Trump" Is that in the Trump hotel?

What a loser.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10920 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Couple of comments:

1. It simply astounds me that Demoshits and snowflakes are getting all wrapped around the axle over a word that's said on TV every day. Just tune to any channel. For example, in The Walking Dead, Negan states to father Gabriel, "I hope you have yo shittin' pants on". What's the BFD??

2. I one up DJT. Yeah...Haiti might be a shithole country, but guess what...we have shithole cities right here in the good ol' US of A.

People not accustomed to hearing the truth just don't know how to handle it. We probably need more of this:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
President Trump kicked CNN star Jim Acosta out of the Oval Office Tuesday after the network’s senior White House correspondent badgered him with racially charged questions.

Acosta has made a habit of grandstanding and interrupting when Trump and his surrogates are available to the media. Tuesday was no exception, as Acosta yelled, “Mr. President,” three times before finally getting Trump’s attention.

“Did you say that you want more people to come in from Norway? Did you say that you wanted more people from Norway? Is that true Mr. President?” Acosta frantically shouted.

“I want them to come in from everywhere… everywhere. Thank you very much everybody,” Trump responded as Acosta continued to bark questions.

“Just Caucasian or white countries, sir? Or do you want people to come in from other parts of the world… people of color,” Acosta shouted.

Trump then pointed directly at Acosta and simply said, “Out!”

A Trump staffer in the background can be heard saying, “Jim, thank you,” before the CNN star presumably exited the room. Acosta then took to Twitter, accusing White House aides of obstructing him from asking questions.

Acosta has been among the most outspoken critics of President Trump and is a significant part of CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker’s apparent anti-Trump programming strategy. Trump has famously dubbed CNN “fake news” and pointed directly at Acosta and called him by the disparaging moniker in the past.

Last December, Acosta was shut down by White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders when the liberal reporter tried to hijack a press briefing. Acosta told Sanders that journalists make “honest mistakes” but that doesn’t make them “fake news” before attempting a question. Sanders quickly cut him off.

“When journalists make honest mistakes, they should own up to them. Sometimes, and a lot of times, you don’t,” Sanders said as Acosta tried to interrupt.

“I’m sorry, I’m not finished,” she said. “There is a very big difference between making honest mistakes and purposefully misleading the American people... you cannot say it’s an honest mistake when you’re purposely putting out information you know is false.”

Acosta has also gotten into combative arguments with other members of the administration including Senior Policy Adviser Stephen Miller. Meanwhile, CNN has been mocked for a variety of anti-Trump segments, such as focusing on the president’s soda intake amid unfolding breaking news related to a terror attack in New York City.

Acosta’s colleague, fellow CNN star Chris Cuomo, apologized on Tuesday after he referred to Principal Deputy White House Press Secretary Raj Shah as “Raj whatever-his-name-is.”

CNN has also aired the uncensored version of the word “s---hole” on a regular basis since Trump reportedly used the term to describe certain African countries. CNN anchors and guests said the profanity 195 times in one day last week, according to the Media Research Center.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
excellent - and revoke his press credentials as well - he will end up doing traffic cam commentary in Hudathunk Kentucky

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I wish Trump would start revoking credentials. I hope that will be the next step.

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
excellent - and revoke his press credentials as well - he will end up doing traffic cam commentary in Hudathunk Kentucky

Maybe not. Showing these types as malicious incompetent fools on nearly every occasion, especially where they pick the fight, as in Trump’s physical and mental condition, is advantageous.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Acosta tweeted after being forced out that staff were yelling at him:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01...rter-in-oval-office/
Acosta likely hasn't experienced a beat down for being an a-hole either, but I'm fully behind someone educating him on that reality as well.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
That asshole Acosta needs his WH press pass revoked, now...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I didn't know about this: President Trump is planning to hold "Fake News Awards," ceremony, scheduled for tomorrow, though it might be delayed. There will be categories like "dishonesty and bad reporting" presented to the "losers" from the "most corrupt" MSM.

This will be a hoot!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ake-news-awards.html

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The left’s narriative that Trump is racist doesn’t appear to be working so well. Big Grin

From the Daily Wire,
Trump’s Support Among Blacks Doubles Despite Racism Claims

Trump's support among black men "significantly exceeds his 2016 vote share."
Support from the black community for President Donald Trump has doubled since 2016 despite the media and the Democrats' insistence that Trump is a racist.

The report from The Atlantic, a left-leaning publication, states that Trump's support among black men "significantly exceeds his 2016 vote share" at 23%, while his support among black women increased to 11% — an average of 17%.

That score is approximately double the support that Trump received from the black community during the 2016 presidential election, as the BBC reports that approximately 8% of black voters voted for Trump.

Exit polls from the 2016 presidential election show that only 4% of black women voted for Trump while 13% of black men voted for him, according to CNN.

Broken down by gender, Trump's support from black women has nearly tripled from 4% to 11%, while his support from black men has nearly doubled from 13% to 23%.

One possible explanation for this increase in support from the black community is the historic low unemployment rate the community is experiencing under the Trump administration which currently sits at 6.8%, the lowest number ever recorded, according to CNBC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

Untitled by Wayne Wilson, on Flickr

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
For almost an hour on Tuesday, the White House press corps stooped to a new low of embarrassment and clownishly liberal behavior, lobbing over a dozen questions at Navy Rear Admiral Dr. Ronny Jackson to insinuate that President Trump must be mentally ill to the point of Alzheimer’s Disease. This was all despite Jackson’s insistence that he’s in great health.

Whether it was Bloomberg, CBS News Radio, CNN, or The Washington Post, the long knives were out as the liberal media engaged in their own Pickett’s Charge to save their narrative that Trump’s mentally ill and thus must be removed via Congress or the 25th Amendment.

NBC’s Hallie Jackson started the crazy train with the second question, asking Dr. Jackson to repeat the results about “the president’s mental fitness” and alluded to Trump’s tweet about him being “a stable genius.”

The long knives were out as the liberal media engaged in their own Pickett’s Charge to save their narrative that Trump’s mentally ill and thus must be removed via Congress or the 25th Amendment.
Bloomberg’s Shannon Pettypiece brought up the media-obsession over Trump supposedly slurring his words, but ABC’s Cecilia Vega spoke moments later with this bewildering question:

"Could you just elaborate in layman's terms, if possible, and you’ve done a great job at that, what you ruled out in these cognitive tests? You know, there have been reports the president has forgotten names, that he’s repeating himself. Are you ruling out things like early onset Alzheimer's? Are you looking at dementia-like symptoms?"

Dr. Jackson hit back, noting that Trump’s cognitive test was the same one that’s often used at Walter Reed (the Montreal Cognitive Assessment) and since “the president got 30 out of 30 on that exam, I think that, you know, there's no indication that he has any kind of cognitive issues.”

CBS News Radio correspondent Steven Portnoy brought up the 25th Amendment, gushing over how “[a] lot of people in the country have been talking about it” and after explaining it in some detail, asked about what point from a “philosophical” standpoint would he “advise the cabinet that the president is unable to discharge his duties.”

CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta then arrived on scene:

JIM ACOSTA: Just to make sure we're clear on this. When you analyzed his cognitive ability or his neurological functions, that's not the same thing as a psychiatric exam or psychological exam?

JACKSON: It is not. No. It’s a screening assessment for cognitive impairment.

Roughly five minutes after The Washington Post’s Ashley Parker inquired about the particular test that Trump took, CBS’s Margaret Brennan trampled on Ronald Reagan’s memory by hinting that he had Alzheimer’s while president and that it was missed. And thus, White House physicians might not be trustworthy:

"Doctor, when you say given the president's age, he is somewhere where President Reagan was at this time in presidency. Can you say, given the scrutiny of what was overlooked at the time with President Reagan in terms of Alzheimer's and things he was then-known to suffer from at a later date, can you say whether the test that's you ran would exclude any of those things? And what the possibility of overlooking something like that would be? You know, how can you tell the American people that this time you're certain?

This left the calm Jackson perturbed.

She then continued...

PORTNOY: What is your take of all the doctors and clinicians all across the country who have said, in this resident [of the White House that], they see symptoms of this, that and the other?

JACKSON: Symptoms in what way?

PORTNOY: Symptoms of dementia, symptoms of —

JACKSON: I would say that, you know, the American Psychiatric Association has said so, too. You know, I would think that, you know, the people shouldn't be making the assessments about the president unless they've had the opportunity to get to know him and examine him and, you know, in my opinion, that's just tabloid psychiatry and I just don’t — you know, I'm not going to address it or fall into responding to those questions or accusations.

Near the end, an unidentified reporter seemed to lobby for there to be (if there wasn’t already) a White House psychologist who should be around for the sake of Trump while CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta fretted that the Montreal Cognitive Assessment was insufficient for spotting dementia or mental illnesses in someone “who’s already highly functioning.”

Link

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...-ugly-friendship.php

Lindsey Graham, the Arlen Specter of the South, has been trying to ingratiate himself with President Trump, his former adversary. By doing so, Graham hopes to achieve his longtime dream of granting amnesty to illegal aliens.

One happy byproduct of the unfortunate “S***thole” controversy is that, in all likelihood, Graham’s friendship with the president is at an end. It’s over not because of that controversy, but because of what led to it. Simply stated, Graham tried to bamboozle Trump.

The deal Graham helped write and then took to Trump lurched to the left in every significant particular. For example, it included litigation land mines for the border wall. It retained the Diversity Lottery under a different name. It provided work permits for the parents of the DACA population.

Trump was bound to explode when he learned the particulars of the Graham-Durbin proposal. It is Graham’s fault the president exploded

Today during a hearing, Graham peddled Dick Durbin’s claim that, during a phone call with the Illinois Senator just two hours before the ill-fated White House meeting, Trump was pleased with the proposal Durbin outlined to him. In his typical preening manner, Graham kept asking what happened during the intervening two hours and vowing to “get to the bottom” of this.

Here’s what happened: Trump concluded, correctly, that Durbin and Graham were playing him.

In any event, it’s no mystery why Trump balked at what Graham and Durbin presented to him at the White House. From his perspective it was a bad deal. Like everything else Graham has ever proposed on the subject, it was long on amnesty and short on preventing future illegal immigration.

Graham and Durbin are said to have been dismayed that, when they met with Trump at the White House, conservatives were there. Durbin and Graham thought (or pretend to have thought) that Trump would give away the store without hearing from Bob Goodlatte, a key player in the House, or Tom Cotton, a key ally in the Senate.

This is what Graham means when he says, ominously, that he wants to “get to the bottom” of what happened between the phone call and the meeting. Something quite nefarious. Trump talked to people with views that differ from Graham’s.

Graham thus gives the game away. He wanted to sneak one past the president. He was not acting in good faith. No wonder Trump exploded.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Stephen Miller embarrassing Acosta.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Every time that smug sonofabitch Acosta interrupts Miller and proceeds to just talk over him.... I don't go around punching people in the mouth, but that's a guy I would make an exception for.

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post