SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think that the whole bush clan is pissed that Jeb didn’t get the nod for president, and that is why they are so against Trump. They had it all worked out, first family with 3 members who became president. Then along came Trump to screw up their presidental domination dream, so they are pissed off and therefore they are lashing out at Trump and everything that he does.
Too bad that George hw Bush is now getting in trouble as a Fannie patter, shocked I am, shocked!

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
I think that the whole bush clan is pissed that Jeb didn’t get the nod for president, and that is why they are so against Trump.

I disagree.

If Lindsey Graham or John Kasich, or any other establishment Republican got the nomination, the Bushes would have supported them, no question. The Bushes endorsed McCain, even though they didn't like him, because he was part of the Establishment.

The reason they despise Trump is the same reason as other RINOs; Trump is a total outsider of DC politics, and refuses to play ball with the swamp. The whole power structure has changed, making a lot of pockets lighter, especially globalists like The Clintons and the Bushes. Add the fact that the Clintons and Bushes are more than best friends, a man like Trump coming along to ruin their party does not sit well with them.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Jeb felt entitled in exactly the same way that Hillary felt entitled. When that "entitlement" becomes not just an expectation but a reality, that is the end of freedom.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
I think that the whole bush clan is pissed that Jeb didn’t get the nod for president, and that is why they are so against Trump.

I disagree.

If Lindsey Graham or John Kasich, or any other establishment Republican got the nomination, the Bushes would have supported them, no question. The Bushes endorsed McCain, even though they didn't like him, because he was part of the Establishment.

The reason they despise Trump is the same reason as other RINOs; Trump is a total outsider of DC politics, and refuses to play ball with the swamp. The whole power structure has changed, making a lot of pockets lighter, especially globalists like The Clintons and the Bushes. Add the fact that the Clintons and Bushes are more than best friends, a man like Trump coming along to ruin their party does not sit well with them.

+++THIS+++
I'm more than a little disappointed with my current Party,,,,,Time we voted in some real changes!!

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Low energy Jeb, lol

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's not that "low energy" Jeb lost > it is how Trump took him out.
It's simply just being thin skinned.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
This last election cycle and it's many related revelations and revealed truths have shown that, without a doubt, what folks have commonly thought of the GOP and the many so-called Republicans who were either hired or elected to represent it and us was in fact mistaken, grossly misunderstood, and largely a sham of legendary proportions, a mere facade containing little more than vague hints of conservatism, with an army of key figures who have paid little more than lip service to the actual concerns of a great many Americans, and were instead primarily concerned with spreading globalist ideals and otherwise destroying or weakening key aspects of the American Ideal to line their own pockets, to the tune of billions upon billions of back door deals, bad laws and treaties, an ever increasing scope of the federal government, a weakening of States and Individual rights, and a model more in line with Oligarchical and other Monarchy like institutions where the privileged few reap the greatest benefits while everyone else serves them.

And precisely because the GOP and it's Establishment / Globalist loving miscreants do in fact occasionally do something right or occasionally unite for at least a little slice of The Greater Good, is why many still behave like its all OK, like the GOP as it stands actually gives a shit about you and I, all the while helping foster the incessant Us vs Them (largely false) narrative of Democrats vs Republicans, while most go about the daily business of their lives never stopping to realize how much misdirection and bullshit there is, from all sides, including the GOP.

The real enemy is this ruling class, uniparty, globalist, oligarchy loving, group of assholes, which includes most in Congress, all Presidents for years now, most lobbyists, most unions, most professional politicians of all stripes, and most who make their lives as cogs in the wheels of government, from Rence Pribus to Paul Ryan to Mueller to Comey to Hillary to W to Soros to the kids in charge of FOX News now and a plethora of others.

Most of what goes on, most of the new stories, most of the (false) dichotomies are bullshit distractions, exaggerated and emphasized to keep the masses busy, confused, and docile. Topics like who marries whom or the wacky tobaccy or abortion are incredibly effective distractions, while the real crooks giggle all the way to the bank, golf course, and etc.

Donald Trump is an important and imperfect single step in a 1000mi journey. The swamp, such as it is, has barely been identified, much less drained to any meaningful degree. Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll see significant changes in our lifetime.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
In view of the tragic mass killing events that occurred recently—including today—I urge every gun owner who voted for anyone other than Donald J. Trump, or who didn’t vote at all, to think about what efforts to limit or eliminate our rights we would be faced with if he hadn’t been elected President.

(I don’t want to inject this topic into those other threads.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-j...mp-koi-pond-blunder/

Left-wing CNN was caught using fake video Monday morning to mock President Trump for following the lead of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe with the emptying of a box of fish food into a koi pond.

The only thing is that, in order to make Trump look like a rube, the Trump-hating network left out the part about following the Japanese prime minister’s lead.

In its second piece of very fake news launched against Trump Monday morning CNN’s snarky and dishonest headline reads, “Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does.”

CNN lies through omission by deliberately publishing only part of Trump’s statement during a meeting with Japanese automakers on Monday:

“Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so,” is the only part of what Trump said that CNN bothers to quote.

But in order to mock the president, the fake news factory that is CNN misleads its readers by not quoting Trump in full, a quote which very clearly shows the president is not only fully aware of that fact that Japanese automakers make cars in America, but that he is grateful to them for doing so:

"And we love it when you build cars — if you’re a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That’s big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They’re going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it. (Applause.)"

Hours later, after being shamed on social media, CNN updated the piece to include Trump’s full quote but, as if to once again prove the truth means nothing to them, the utterly dishonest headline remained the same .

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I seriously don't know why Acosta (or anyone from CNN actually) still has a press pass. They aren't journalists, they are fiction novelists.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This woman was caught on camera flipping off the Presidential motorcade as it passed her, the photo going viral last week, even posting it on her social media-

Now it is reported that she was fired from her job:

"At the time, Briskman was working for Akima LLC, a Virginia-based company that holds several government contracts, doing marketing and communications work. As the photo went viral with users calling her a “heroine,” Briskman’s bosses called her into a meeting Tuesday and gave her the bad news."

Occasionally nice things happen to stupid people Smile

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11...ump-motorcade-fired/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ It was probably impolitic of her to post that photo where she could be identified, given that her employer was involved with government contracts.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
different styles

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to wonder if maybe politics and our elected officials are more like professional wrestling. I've not been into pro wrestling since the mid-50's when Gorgeous George and Duke somebody Asian, and other characters fought it out Friday nights on local TV, "live from the wrestlethon!" A couple of times, a wrestling ring would be set up out at the county fairgrounds, and all the males in the county, it seemed like, would troop on out there for an evening of good old "combat."

Two sides, "good" and "evil." Highly choreographed moves, designed for maximum drama, action, effect, but essentially without substance. Lots of public fantasy, hypocrisy, phony "battles," not much actual combat.

The characters are carefully selected. Training, undercards, until a "character" gets to the main draw. It occurs to me that these guys were showmen, probably buddies. To make it to the show, you had to prove yourself, learn the moves, the lines, be initiated, earn your stripes, so to speak. Once accepted, you were honor bound to act a certain way, refrain from all bean spilling, participate in "the show" in and out of the ring. Bean spilling, bad acting was very bad and you could be barred from the glory, the glamor, the money, the club!

Sent from my iPad

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I'm beginning to wonder if maybe politics and our elected officials are more like professional wrestling.

Two sides, "good" and "evil." Highly choreographed moves, designed for maximum drama, action, effect, but essentially without substance. Lots of public fantasy, hypocrisy, phony "battles," not much actual combat.

And they're entertainers not wrestlers like our elected officials are showmen not legislators.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
sdy- I don't have the words to describe the disgust I have looking at that picture. I am so happy that muslim SOB is gone.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
sdy- I don't have the words to describe the disgust I have looking at that picture. I am so happy that muslim SOB is gone.
He's out of office, but definitely not "gone" or "forgotten"; just wait--we'll still be hearing from him (unfortunately).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
More liberal tears! The reports from election night are outstanding.

Happy first anniversary everyone!

Esquire Interviews 2016 Journalists

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
This woman was caught on camera flipping off the Presidential motorcade as it passed her, the photo going viral last week, even posting it on her social media-

Now it is reported that she was fired from her job:

"At the time, Briskman was working for Akima LLC, a Virginia-based company that holds several government contracts, doing marketing and communications work. As the photo went viral with users calling her a “heroine,” Briskman’s bosses called her into a meeting Tuesday and gave her the bad news."

Occasionally nice things happen to stupid people Smile

Good. I'm glad the business she used to be employed at had the courage to fire her. In this day and age, that's heroism.

Her disrespect making her a heroine - not so much. The Left/Liberals/Progs/GDCs really have that "hero" thing upside down.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post